Anyone "aware" of their uterus? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 07-20-2005, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For the last two or three days I have felt an odd sensation in my very low abdomen, right in the middle. According to my helpful anatomy chart, that is where my uterus is. It's not *pain* exactly, it's just a sort of dull feeling that is constant, reminding me that it is there. I'm only about 18 days past conception. It's not like menstrual cramps, although it reminds me of them, because that is the only other time I have sensations from that part of my body. Sometimes it feels hot, so that I actually put my hand down there to see if that part of me feels warmer on the outside (it does not). But usually it just feels like it's there, and that I can feel it. Especially if I lean over forward. Does this make any sense? Is anyone else having this? I keep worrying about it, of course--I'm a first-timer. I worried about it more the first couple days, but now that it just keeps happening I guess I'm worrying less. But still enough to post about it...
Anyone else?

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 07-20-2005, 01:42 PM
Kam

It's my understanding that hcg causes increased blood flow to the uterus, so that may explain both the heavy feeling and the heat. This is always my first sign of pregnancy, before I even start a period.

I'm laughing because the last few days I haven't had that feeling, and was worried because it was gone! The things we find to worry about! :LOL

You might find over the next few weeks that there are lots of pully, twingy, sharp pings in there, too. I can't imagine it's stretching (the gestational sac is only a few centimeters, at most), but it seems to happen to most women. Anyone know what that is?

warmly (ha!),
Kam, mamamama! to Meg, and one more
#3 of 15 Old 07-20-2005, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kam
You might find over the next few weeks that there are lots of pully, twingy, sharp pings in there, too. I can't imagine it's stretching (the gestational sac is only a few centimeters, at most), but it seems to happen to most women. Anyone know what that is?

warmly (ha!),
I don't know what those feelings are related to but I've had a LOT of them this pregnancy. I don't remember any stretchy feelings down there when I was pregnant with Kylie until I was MUCH further along. I've actually had a few painful cramps (mostly when I stand up from sitting) that have knocked me off my feet. But they go away quickly and I've not had any bleeding so I'm guessing (and hoping) it's normal.

Jill ( now back to my regularly scheduled nausea...)
#4 of 15 Old 07-21-2005, 12:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kam
I'm laughing because the last few days I haven't had that feeling, and was worried because it was gone! The things we find to worry about! warmly (ha!),
:LOL Thanks. True!

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
#5 of 15 Old 07-21-2005, 01:46 AM

I am always super aware of my uterus during pregnancy. I even have to stop wearing pants like jeans within the first month because I feel like I am squishing my baby.
I get cramping like on my period and all sorts of weird pangs. I think the uterus is growing or something even at that early of a date.
#6 of 15 Old 07-24-2005, 12:08 AM

I totally wouldn't worry about cramps if there's no bleeding. I forget when exactly I began getting these pretty intense crampy feelings in my uterus when I was pg with ds, but it was early the first trimester I think. I was scared then that something might be wrong, but I'm actually looking forward to them now because in retrospect, it was just a sign that my uterus was expanding. That would be a healthy sign.
#7 of 15 Old 07-24-2005, 10:08 AM

I've been "aware" since probably Tuesday (I tested on Friday at just about 4 weeks), to the point where I haven't even been able to sleep on my stomach comfortably.

With my son, I did not even test until six weeks (it was right after 9/11 so I thought I was just stressed) so I don't remember what I felt.

: Deirdre & the boys ('02 & '06 vintage)
#8 of 15 Old 07-26-2005, 02:26 AM

Suddenly, I am very aware of SOMETHING in my abdominal cavity! It seems to be too high to be my uterus, but there is an area there that is very hard. Just after this weekend, it seems harder to bend over, and the "lump" is starting to show. My sister noticed it yesterday when we were swimming (I was wearing a bikini). I think it just showed up this weekend, because I hadn't noticed it before.
#9 of 15 Old 07-27-2005, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappiLeigh
For the last two or three days I have felt an odd sensation in my very low abdomen, right in the middle. According to my helpful anatomy chart, that is where my uterus is. It's not *pain* exactly, it's just a sort of dull feeling that is constant, reminding me that it is there.
Yes, I am having that, too! Sometimes it is more like a cramp, but a very, very mild one. Very interesting. Today while exiting the house with my bf I groaned, "Pregnant..." in the same way I might whine, "Tired..." I just felt... pregnant.
#10 of 15 Old 07-27-2005, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kam
It's my understanding that hcg causes increased blood flow to the uterus, so that may explain both the heavy feeling and the heat.
Funny you should say "heat." I've been feeling sensations of *coolness* in my abdomen, almost as though the insides were bathed in water. Very odd.
#11 of 15 Old 07-29-2005, 01:20 AM

... my "presence" in my abdomen seems to have faded, and I also was a bit concerned when that happened... I guess thats normal? Also, I am having a fairly regular, dull funky feeling on my left side of my abdomen-kinda parallel to my hipbone. It feels sorta like a pulled muscle sensation. I had a twinge of the same on my right yesterday- but only briefly. this seems pretty constant.... Normal also, or should I be concerned about tubal pg issues??
eep!
I think I need to chill a bit, maybe!

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

#12 of 15 Old 07-29-2005, 12:39 PM

I have been having those side pains, too, reminiscent of ovulation pains... trying not to worry too much. =)
#13 of 15 Old 07-29-2005, 02:17 PM

I'm feeling that fullness/warmth thing, too. I've been feeling it for a couple of days, and just found out I'm PG last night.

Christine , wife of Ron , mama to Tony (4-25-03) and Maria (3-19-06) :
#14 of 15 Old 08-01-2005, 11:41 PM

When I woke up yesterday morning I noticed that I all of a sudden my uterus and ovaries are "sore" like. If I am not careful I can really cause a big pain in them when I sneeze. Is this kinda what everyone else feels, or is this concidered "normal"? I often get this sore feeling when I am ovulating, although I am 7 weeks now I have no clue what It means!
#15 of 15 Old 08-03-2005, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aminah
If I am not careful I can really cause a big pain in them when I sneeze.
Me too! I am 9 weeks pregnant, but have been "aware" of my uterus for a few weeks. I also have to prep my abdomen before I sneeze or cough because if I don't it tightens and hurts. I think it's normal!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page