anyone else "showing"? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 07-21-2005, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i know it isn't the baby, but still, i can't fit into my regular pants/shorts. granted all my clothes are pretty fitted and snug, but still. i am either 5.5 or 6.5 weeks, not sure. i am already wearing some maternity stuff (under the belly type) to be comfy.

it usually gets worse as the day goes on so i am sure it is intestinal bloating, etc, but i swear by the end of the night i look as big as i was with abby when i was 20 weeks!

here is a pic i took last night. and here is me at 20 weeks with abby.

i heard you show sooner with subsequent pregnancies and i am usually pretty slim, but so much for hiding it for awhile. LOL. i haven't gained any weight though.

also, anyone having different symptoms than with first or other pregnancies? i had way more nausea with abby and that worries me that maybe something is wrong with this pregnancy. i am a worrier, but i wish i would have some more nausea so i would feel more pregnant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 21 Old 07-21-2005, 08:08 PM

i heard that with the 2nd you just pop right out fairly quickly. great :LOL
i know what you mean i need the comfy clothes, although i have just i mean this week just gotton into some of my pre declan pants, only to grow out of them in the next week i suppose. But i do love being pregnant, i loved the bump and how it made me feel. You feel so special for a long time, i missed it last time, weird i know
#3 of 21 Old 07-21-2005, 10:44 PM

Yeah I feel the same way, really bloated and I feel my clothes are getting tight too. I am only 4 weeks. The same thing happened with me, I got real bad morning sickness with my DD, but so far with this one I haven't gotten any. I know what you are sayin, how you wish you would get it just so you feel preggo. I guess the saying is right, "every pregnancy is different"!!
#4 of 21 Old 07-21-2005, 10:57 PM

You're so lovely and slim!

I read a similar post a few weeks ago in the February thread, and the woman who was showing (at 5 or 6 weeks) was similarly slim. I'm guessing that when you have relatively little room in your abdomen, and no "padding", you'll show much earlier with the second baby.

Plus, Dr. Sears mentions in his book that some moms in the second month start to feel like their midsection is "thicker." You can't feel the uterus yet, but your organs are shifting and getting ready.

Enjoy that beautiful bulge!

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#5 of 21 Old 07-22-2005, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter

It is funny because in the morning it is flatter and by the end of the day it is big. I can't wait till it is obvious pregnancy belly!!

Redoakmama, I have never been called lovely before. Thanks!
#6 of 21 Old 07-22-2005, 01:55 AM

hi, I have had the same thing with all my pregnancies so far. I am very slim as well and I start to look pregnant way before my uterus is visible above my pubic bone. I think a lot of it is intestinal distention due to hormonal changes and typically with each subsequent pregnancy your abdominal muscles are weeker and you look pregnant sooner. I am 6 weeks pregnant and look pretty much identical to you.

Jessie

Jessie (29) mom to Emma (2002), Anthony (2004), Elizabeth (2006) and Ava (2008) and someone new 2010
#7 of 21 Old 07-22-2005, 01:57 AM

I'm wearing a maternity skirt as I type. I'll be 8 wks on Sunday.

I have about two pair of regular pants that feel comfortable to wear. I do feel like I'm popping out a bit but I have a fair amount of fat on my belly to begin with so maybe I'm just being hopeful. I am actually anxious to be obviously pregnant. I loved being pregnant last time and can't wait to experience it all over again.

Jill
#8 of 21 Old 07-22-2005, 01:25 PM

I am NOT particularly slim right now, but this week I still managed to pop the button off a pair of pants that are normally quite large on me! (I was at the zoo and kept bending down to pick up my son so that he could see the animals, and finally the button just came right off!) I'm 8 1/2 weeks. I haven't gained any weight yet, but I guess things are just reshaping in my lower abdomen. I ordered some "transition pants" from babystyle.com in the hope that they'll hold me over until I can fit into my maternity pants. Maybe they'll be useful after the baby is born too.

I don't remember seeing any abdominal reshaping until about 12 weeks last time. As somebody said, every pregnancy is different!
#9 of 21 Old 07-22-2005, 03:56 PM
Kam

Pepper, your picture is so cute! You look so happy. Yes, that looks like my belly, too, and as you know, we are due the same day. I'm fairly thin, like you I guess, and have no tummy muscles at all. There is nothing there holding all the bloat in! I do remember with Meg, though, that I would start out the day noticably thinner than I would end the day!

I've been wearing my looser clothes and hoping no one notices the bulge yet because we haven't told Meg or my family. Waiting on that ultrasound next Wednesday....

Has anybody commented yet?
#10 of 21 Old 07-22-2005, 04:00 PM
Kam

As for symptoms, I think the usual kick-in period is between 6 and 8 weeks for most women. When did it start with Abby? If you are only 5.5 wks along, you may just not be there yet. I keep telling myself I have x number of days until I start barfing to help me quit worrying about not barfing yet. Yes, I'm a ball of nerves. Chubby, grouchy, tired, and nervous. Lovely.
#11 of 21 Old 07-22-2005, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

Glad others are starting to show as well. I thought I was weird, or maybe that I had just been holding in my tummy all the time until now and finally let go or who knows.

Kam-I usually don't wear an outfit like that out yet. I just was trying on some clothes to see how my tummy looked and took a picture. I think most people just think I have a tummy or have gained weight. Though everyone I know knows, I can't keep a secret, well at least not this one. I always thought I would wait till at least 12 weeks to tell people, but I couldn't with Abby and can't now either. I have no loose clothes for wearing out, so I just wear my maternity shorts with a regular shirt and stuff. Can't wait till it is obvious I am pregnant, not just a little big in the midsection. LOL.

I told Abby, too. She says she has a baby in her "panza" (tummy), too! So silly. She says she is going to help me and bring me diapers and hold the baby and that she will share her "chichi" with the baby as well. Very cute.
#12 of 21 Old 07-22-2005, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Kam,

I had symptoms of nausea from about 3.5 weeks with Abby. They might have subsided a bit but I don't remember now. Wish I had been into blogging then. I didn't even start a regular journal until the day she was born. Oh well. The super quick positive pregnancy test yesterday made me feel better. LOL. I had one left over and took it.
#13 of 21 Old 07-22-2005, 05:37 PM

I look about like you do, Pepper! And we're about the same size. I think it's a combo of no muscles and bloating. But I still like to pretend I look pg!
#14 of 21 Old 07-22-2005, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Dimples
But I still like to pretend I look pg!
#15 of 21 Old 07-23-2005, 01:08 PM

If you've never been called lovely before, you're hanging around with the wrong folks. You're frikkin beautiful. =)

I am very slim (and very tall -- 6'2" and 150 lbs) and my tummy is starting to pook out. All my shorts are tight. Makes me very glad I saved that box of next-size-up pants for work! =) This is my first, though, so I don't expect to "show" much for a while.

I also know what you mean about wanting more pregnancy indicators (I won't say "symptoms" -- it sounds like a disease!). My pooky tummy is enough for now. =)
#16 of 21 Old 07-23-2005, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Nurse
Glad others are starting to show as well. I thought I was weird, or maybe that I had just been holding in my tummy all the time until now and finally let go or who knows.

LOL, I had that same thought! I look similar to your photo... but not wuite as slender as you are. My mornings aren't too bad, but by the afternoon I feel like I'm 5 months pregnant! (Not that I know how that feels... this is my first) but I'm happy to look pregnant instead of fat so I'm just going with it!

A few days ago I told a co-worker that I am pregnant and she said, "I thought it looked like you had gained a little weight!" I replied, "Well, I'm only 7 weeks so actually that's just fat." But maybe not! I'm glad to hear others are experiencing the same thing and it's not just my eagerness to have a lovely big belly.

I haven't heard of "transition pants" but it sounds like what I need. I can't comfortably fit into anything that isn't drawstring.

#17 of 21 Old 07-23-2005, 01:49 PM

Does anybody know why you'd look bigger at night? I'm having the same thing. At night even, my scale says I'm about 5 pounds heavier than morning.

Looking at myself with clothes on, I look pg. But naked, I can tell the bulge is too high, I remember from last time the bulge starts around the pubic line. I didn't have a fatty tummy 3 months ago. My stomach was flat, now I have a cliff at night.

I was so happy during weeks 4-6 about not having any nausea, hoping this pg would be different. Then at week 6, started feeling absolutely miserable, darnit.

Aly
#18 of 21 Old 07-23-2005, 05:55 PM
Kam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Nurse
I told Abby, too. She says she has a baby in her "panza" (tummy), too! So silly. She says she is going to help me and bring me diapers and hold the baby and that she will share her "chichi" with the baby as well. Very cute.
Too cute! I am really anxious to see what Meg's reaction is going to be. I think she's going to be less than pleased, but I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. How did you tell her? Or maybe I'll start another thread for that so I don't hijack this one. off I go...
#19 of 21 Old 07-23-2005, 06:29 PM
Banned

You look beautiful, much slimmer than me when I'm not pregnant :LOL It's very common to "pop out" early with #2, apparently because the muscles and ligaments have already stretched.

I'm 4 weeks 2 days, and I've yet to see much change so far. It will come, though, lol! I still have a bit of a pooch left from baby #1
#20 of 21 Old 07-26-2005, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ell-Bell
A few days ago I told a co-worker that I am pregnant and she said, "I thought it looked like you had gained a little weight!" I replied, "Well, I'm only 7 weeks so actually that's just fat." But maybe not! I'm glad to hear others are experiencing the same thing and it's not just my eagerness to have a lovely big belly.
LOL, I am 9 weeks this week and starting to "show", but I have told everyone that the baby is just making my fat stick out right now.
I CANT STAND for anyone including dh to touch my stomach. Its not the hard round bubble yet- just the pushed out fat! LOL
#21 of 21 Old 07-27-2005, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoe11
Does anybody know why you'd look bigger at night? I'm having the same thing. At night even, my scale says I'm about 5 pounds heavier than morning.
I am just like that, Aly! 2-3 lbs heavier at night, and sometimes noticeably bigger in the tummy. I think it's water retention. I certainly pee enough at night to get rid of it. =)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page