Hi new here. My crazy pregnancy story. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-21-2005, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought I was pregnant back in November. I hadn't had a period yet (still nursing. my ds is now two), but I was just sure I was pregnant. I joined the September 2005 club, and complained of all sorts of aches and symptoms. Mind you, during this whole time, I wasn't getting clear positive test results. But even with ds, my tests were pretty light. But though all the signs were there that I was not pregnant, I persisted in my belief because for the first time I made a gambit that I knew my body better than any test. My intuitions were surely right. In January or February, I told my midwife that I wanted her to check my fundus, which she did and gave me an inconclusive opinion. She asked if I wanted an ultrasound, which I did to finally verify what I knew all along. Well, I wasn't pregnant! The doctor didn't know whether to call the loony bin or what. Come to think of it, my midwife is probably still scratching her head. That night I started my period. Any "pregnancy symptoms" I was experiencing was as a result of my returned menses.

8 months later, I'm finally pregnant, and the test is very clearly positive. There's no guessing this time around. My dh and I have been having problems, but I always knew I wanted more than one. But dh and I are now getting divorced. On the very day we sat down for divorce mediation, I was expecting my period and never got it. Now we have whole other dimension to consider in the divorce. But we are most definitely splitting.

Hope to get to know you all better over the next nine months. BTW, my due date is March 26. Peace!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2005, 04:10 PM
Kam

Hi Laureen, and welcome! Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm sorry to hear things have been difficult with your husband, but I hope your life improves now that you are getting divorced.

My first post-partum pre-menstrual period really threw me for an emotional loop, too. I think it is normal to feel like you're going crazy during that time (though I don't know if I would have demanded an ultrasound! :LOL ).

Take good care of yourself and your son. I hope the road ahead is less rocky. You've certainly got a lot on your plate.

warmly,
Kam, mamamama! to Meg, and one more
Old 07-23-2005, 01:02 PM

Laureen, argh! What a tough position to be in. I am with Kam and hope the quality of your life DRAMATICALLY INCREASES with your divorce. =)

Congratulations on your pregnancy as well!

User Tag List