Funny Feelings - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 43 Old 10-27-2005, 12:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elinofa
So, I am 20 weeks - supposedly- this week, and I have not felt anything that feels any different from usual body function feelings - people have been asking and asking for a couple weeks now, and I am trying not to be anxious, but I am a bit. Heard the heartbeat week before last - there's definitely a baby in there - and no medical person has expressed any strong concern to me, and I know every baby is on their own schedule, but I must say, I would feel calmer if I knew what the heck the story was. anyone else have a late mover? Maybe in earlier pregnancies? This is my first.
I didn't feel anything until probably 22-23 weeks with my first. This time around, I started feeling movement consistently around 17 1/2 weeks. But those first movements are fairly subtle, so it can be hard to notice. Plus, I think body-composition has something to do with it. My uterus tips backward.. so those early movements wouldn't be quite as close to the surface, kwim?

Melissa crochetsmilie.gif, wife to Tom geek.gif, mom to The Baron modifiedartist.gif, the Bean superhero.gif, Little Bear diaper.gif, and Baby Beaver babyboy.gif
#32 of 43 Old 10-27-2005, 12:14 PM

My mw asked about movements at my last appt. I started feeling baby fairly consistently (like mornings before I get out of bed) around 17 1/2 weeks. She said you may feel sporadic, random things before that (which I did). It may be the baby, but it also may be your intestines moving out of the way of the uterus. That was the first time I'd heard that explanation!

Melissa crochetsmilie.gif, wife to Tom geek.gif, mom to The Baron modifiedartist.gif, the Bean superhero.gif, Little Bear diaper.gif, and Baby Beaver babyboy.gif
#33 of 43 Old 10-27-2005, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Well, at long last my little one finally kicked me hard enough that i felt it on the outside of my belly and by the time the bf got to me-she stopped!!! and hasn't done it for him since. Guess she inherited my stubborness
#34 of 43 Old 10-27-2005, 01:55 PM

Same with me, I've felt kicks, etc. for a few weeks now, DH has only caught it twice! Sneaky little monkey baby!
#35 of 43 Old 10-27-2005, 02:28 PM

Well, 20 weeks to the day...all week I've been feeling definite kicks, not even little popcorn ones, big wallops as soon as I lay down at night.

It kind of hit me all at once and totally freaked me out...there's actually a PERSON IN THERE!

Not only that...it finally happened....a lady I don't really know asked me if I was pregnant and then proceeded to start touching my belly.
#36 of 43 Old 10-27-2005, 04:37 PM

I felt some distinct "taps" inside my belly on Monday night right after I went to bed . . . DH couldn't feel them, but that didn't surprise me. Then LAST night while we were hanging out at a friend's house, baby REALLY got groovin'--wriggling all over the place for over 30 minutes! It was a bizarre sensation, but I couldn't stop myself from grinning and putting my hand over my (as-yet-nonexistent) belly.

Can't wait for those first kicks that are strong enough to be felt by someone else!
#37 of 43 Old 10-27-2005, 10:21 PM

Thanks, honeybee and yvonmlev, for your comforting words. I see my mw on Saturday and will keep you all posted. I am trying not to worry (usually doesn't help, does it?
#38 of 43 Old 10-30-2005, 11:41 AM

it could be the baby has his/her back turned to my tummy, so activity of kicking is less easily felt. If this is the case, I am grateful to not feel being kicked in the spine.

Everything else checks out - I am nearly 22 weeks, measuring 22", gained 25 lbs, strong baby heartbeat easily found, so, I guess I will just relax and be patient.
#39 of 43 Old 10-30-2005, 06:38 PM

elinofa~ My friend just visited and told me about how she felt movement--she didn't! Her placenta was like a pancake going all along the front of her abdoment, so she didn't feel her son move until 28 weeks!

Once he was big enough, though, she could really feel him moving--lots of big kicks, scrapes of elbows and heels against her, all kinds of stuff. I held him for a long while (babies are such heaven right now ), and he IS quite a kicker!

If you're hearing a heartbeat and everything's going along normally, I'm sure it's just a combination of it being a first pregnancy, the baby's position, and possibly placenta position.

You'll feel baby soon!

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#40 of 43 Old 11-01-2005, 12:21 PM

Thank you Red Oak Momma - I thought I felt something this morning, I had really talked myself into it - but it turned out to be gas for sure

I am not feeling overwhelmingly panicked or anything. The placenta explanation is a good one. The heartbeat is the best thing - easy to find, strong, steady - and I know this baby must have arms and legs, because I have gained 25 lbs already and my belly is like a pumpkin.

Thanks again for your kind concern. I will post whenever I feel a kick or punch for sure - maybe in a few weeks!!

Love to you.
#41 of 43 Old 11-05-2005, 12:05 PM

Pretty sure that for the last few days, I have felt definite thunkings that must be baby. I am pleased, of course, and also freaked out. THERE'S A BABY IN THERE!!!

Perhaps not coincidentally, I am also having some strange and momentarily severe back pains. Nothing, then stabbing, stabbing pain - breathtaking - in my back, then it stops.

Is this the baby kicking me in the back, or some other weird pregnancy-related body phenomenon? Hoping one of you will know what I am talking about -
#42 of 43 Old 11-06-2005, 11:13 PM

i'm jealous...i'm at 19.5 weeks and haven't felt anything yet.... i can't wait.
it's fun reading all of your stories though.
cheers,
marcy
#43 of 43 Old 05-04-2006, 07:50 AM

Yes it is a wonderful feeling, feeling the little ones move. I felt my first butterfly flutter at twelve weeks. I thought I was crazy and it was scaring the crap out of me. However the doc said it was normal because of this being my 3rd pregnancy. I am now 15 weeks, and I still can't feel the baby move outside my belly. I guess the babies bones are not strong enough yet. Can't wait when my kids can enjoy feeling the baby move too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page