Baby Registry!!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-13-2005, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I've been told right around 20 weeks is the perfect time to start registering, and I'm so excited!!!! Anyone have a link to a list of things I should get, or some ideas!!! I know there are tons of experienced mommies on here who know what is necessary or just fun to get!! Christie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 10-13-2005, 02:49 PM

A lot of people go on babiesrus.com - they have checklists of what you might need, but a lot of it is "stuff" - things you don't really need (although they might be good gifts for people to give you). On the plus side, every item has reviews from people who bought it so you know what to get and what to stay away from.

I just saw a cute site - www.granolathreads.com but I don't know if they have a registry or not.
#3 of 7 Old 10-13-2005, 02:57 PM

I went and registered at Babies R Us for a few things with my mom REALLY early in the pregnancy (Mom is into retail therapy ); mostly just clothes and a pack&play for camping, car seat, etc. There was so much at Babies R Us that I am not planning on using (bottles and strollers and nursery furniture and bouncy seats), and a lot of the stuff that I AM planning on using (sling, "family bed" pad, etc.) that isn't available at Babies R Us.

Luckily I stumbled across Felicite.com, which has a merchant directory FULL of cool stuff and an online registry that is simple to use. People can also do partial-purchases at Felicite, so that things like the family bed pad (which runs $200) can be "chipped away at" by friends, coworkers, etc.

I figure when shower plans start gearing up, I can just give both websites to whoever is handling invitations, and we will be covered: people who really like to shop can go to Babies R Us, and people who would prefer to order online can check out Felicite.

Good luck to you--registering is tons of fun!
#4 of 7 Old 10-13-2005, 04:29 PM

Thanks for recommending Felicite.com! I do have a BabiesRUs.com (Amazon) registry but knew I would need a place to gather all my non-mainstream stuff I want. =)
#5 of 7 Old 10-13-2005, 08:01 PM

I forgot to mention, there is also www.thingsiwant.com, which allows you to download a button for your toolbar so it makes adding to your registry SUPER easy!

I actually haven't figured out which one I am going to go with yet, Felicite or ThingsIWant--I guess I am going to have to keep researching, to figure out exactly what I want to register for . . . if I come across several things that can't be had at Felicite, I might just transfer my list from that site to ThingsIWant.

Crud, I went and started another thread on what specifically to register FOR, because I didn't want to hijack your thread, and then read back at the original post and realized that you already asked that, AS WELL AS places to register.

So sorry! Here's the link:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...40#post3932340
#6 of 7 Old 10-13-2005, 08:57 PM

We did the Babies R Us thing for carseat, etc. and TheThingsIWant for everything else. I like The Things I want because you can register for ANYTHING on the web. And, there are pictures of all the items, and also when a person buys something from it, it will update the registry acordingly. Also, if someone wants to buy something IRL, not on the web, they can "reserve" the gift.

I looked at a few others, it seemed like the best one for us. You can see ours if you go there and search for first name "Ellie" in California. It's fairly random right now, though!
#7 of 7 Old 10-14-2005, 12:22 AM

I now have three registries (BabiesRUs, Motherwear.com and Felicite) and I think that will do it for me. =) I spent a good portion of the evening browsing through all the merchant partner catalogs and selecting things for my Felicite registry -- cloth diapers, etc. It was so fun!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page