who is still wearing their normal clothes? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 10-25-2005, 02:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm almost 18 weeks and i have a little bump but am easily still wearing all of my every day clothes. Anyone else experiencing the same thing??? Just wondering if it's normal.... thanks.
#2 of 15 Old 10-25-2005, 03:29 AM

I'm 21 weeks and still wearing my normal jeans and most of my shirts. I have some maternity pants (low-rise with some stretchiness) that I've tried to wear but I end up hiking them up every few minutes. This is my second pregnancy and last time, there's no way I could have worn my normal clothes this long--they were gone by 14 weeks. I've been told that I'm carrying really high--that seems to make the difference. I can't wear my khakis and other pants that are higher on my waist. I look pregnant enough for people to make comments now--it's just the way I'm carrying.

Mama to Peter (3/8/04), Leo (3/12/06), Timothy (7/24/10), and boy #4 due on the summer solstice 2014
#3 of 15 Old 10-25-2005, 09:49 AM

I am 18 wks. and also only have a little bump. i'm wearing all my normal clothes. I am really enjoying wearing my favorite jeans because I know I won't be able to for a while once they're gone.
#4 of 15 Old 10-25-2005, 10:24 AM

This is #2 for me and I've been in maternity clothes since about week 8 or so! I'm so much bigger this time than the first. But, for you first-time mamas (and second timers too!), I think it's totally normal to still be wearing regular clothes. Every pregnancy's different, and especially the first time, the belly doesn't pop out for a while. Just wait though. Any day now you'll be saying, "how did I get so BIG?!"
#5 of 15 Old 10-25-2005, 11:11 AM

With my first and second I was fine until about 5 or 6 months, but this is my third, and I think my clothes stopped fitting before I knew I was pregnant
#6 of 15 Old 10-25-2005, 12:43 PM

This is my second pregnancy, but I have that whole long torso/tilted uterus thing going on...It takes a while for me to show. I was wearing my pre-pregnancy clothes very comfortably until about 19 weeks. I'm 21 weeks now and still too small for maternity clothes, but my bump prevents me from wearing my normal pants. So....for the in-betweens, I'm wearing dh's baggy jeans and my normal shirts.

I was just thinking this week, though, that this bump is starting to get awfully big awfully fast. Methinks full blown maternity clothes are not far off.

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#7 of 15 Old 10-25-2005, 01:38 PM

I definitely can't wear the pants anymore. My zipper blew out explosively while I was at a training class with my dog and I had to get a rubber band from them to keep them up to get home. I don't think I'm ready for maternity yet, but I don't have a lot of choice. I bought a pair of Miracle Pants and I really, really like them - except they don't come in petite.

Today, for the first time, someone who I didn't know asked me if I was pregnant. So I guess I must be getting bigger. Actually, I think the people at work wanted to know, but knew it was too tacky to ask directly, so they sent this girl I don't really know to casually ask me (like if I wasn't, and was offended, I didn't really have to talk to her again, or what?)
#8 of 15 Old 10-25-2005, 02:37 PM

Even though I have not seen alot of real "growth" - my normal jeans havnt fit in weeks now.
I am at 18 weeks today and it seems like the belly did some expansion yesterday! So wierd how fast it seems to just be popping out all of a sudden.
The wierdest thing I noticed is that my bellybutton has gotten shallower.... I have a super-mega-inny normally, and now- not so much! hehehe!

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

#9 of 15 Old 10-25-2005, 05:51 PM

I am just having a hard time buttoning my jeans. If i to get them closed it is to constricting. It can be confusing because in the morning i am relatively small, then i expand through out the day. So my clothes become more of an issue after i eat. I am finding it frustrating, so i gave in and ordered some stretchy pants which will be fine in the long run, but i think it will help ease my problem for now!
#10 of 15 Old 10-27-2005, 12:31 AM

aminah: i'm having the same problem! by the end of the day I feel much bigger than I did when I woke up.

I'm 18 weeks and this is my 2nd pregnancy. I can fit into some of my pre-preggie jeans, but it gets harder every day. My biggest problem is my hips, not my belly. My hips seem to have widened and so most of my pants won't stretch across and most of my maternity pants are too big. so i use a rubber band on the button of some pants or don't button them at all. But then I'm still wearing my regular shirts and so my belly and unbuttoned pants show... I've taken out all my "transition" clothes from after my ds birth and figured I could grow back into those before using the maternity clothes, but even most of those don't fit that well yet.

So, I just got a pair of maternity pants from Old Navy that are comfy and have the adjustable waist (no panel) but are still a little loose. I wore them for the first time three days ago and have been wearing them every day since after trying on pair after pair of jeans in the morning and deciding I want to be more comfortable. I'm just waiting for the day when the belly pops out and I finally look pregnant!!!!
#11 of 15 Old 10-27-2005, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giarose
trying on pair after pair of jeans in the morning and deciding I want to be more comfortable. I'm just waiting for the day when the belly pops out and I finally look pregnant!!!!
haha.

this sums up my mornings!
#12 of 15 Old 10-28-2005, 12:10 PM

I wear a lot of dresses and skirts, so I can wear most of those. I have reluctantly given up on my pants. Even the 2-sizes-larger trick isn't working now. I can't even pretend they will button. =) I can't even zip up my coat!!

It kind of stinks because I am 6'2" and there's no way I can wear anyone's hand-me-down maternity pants. I bought two pairs online in a tall size yesterday, and they totaled $117. Yeep! So it's mostly skirts and dresses for me, with long underwear and tights underneath.

I am slim and I am guessing that's why I'm showing so much. My baby is growing right on target, according to the ultrasound measurements.
#13 of 15 Old 10-28-2005, 12:55 PM

I *wish* I could still fit into my favorite jeans! Its actually been several weeks since I fit into DH's jeans. These maternity pants, while very comfy in the waist are TOO long! But I'm not gonna complain cause I don't have a zipper digging into me! Of course I'm still not big enough to have anyone, other then DH, notice that I'm pregnant.
#14 of 15 Old 10-29-2005, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliD
Of course I'm still not big enough to have anyone, other then DH, notice that I'm pregnant.

Same with me! Most people who know me can't tell I'm pregnant, but my dh tells me I'm huge!!
#15 of 15 Old 10-29-2005, 09:59 AM

I miss my jeans! LOL

With DD I don't think I was in maternity clothes until around 25 weeks, even at the very end, I could lay on my back and almost button my regular jeans. This time.... um, I'm HUGE. Pre-preg I'm 110 5'4", so I showed quick. Yesterday someone looked at me and said "Any day, huh?!" "Um... no, not until the end of March" then of course I got the whole "Is it twins?" "Nope".... "That's gonna be a huge baby" "Actually, he's measuring small" She just looked at me like I had two heads. *sigh*

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page