Mothering Forum banner

new and not sure....

888 views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  AppleCrisp 
#1 ·
where I belong...

I was due March 9 so I thought I'd join the March board but I'm sure I won't make it this far. I had an amnio on Sept 29 due to abnormal quad screen tests and I pprom'd (preterm premature rupture of membranes). I was 17+ weeks. I lost almost all the amniotic fluid and was told to consider terminating. I couldn't do that. I have since resealed (miraculously according to the Drs) and at my last U/S on Oct 21 I had low normal fluid levels....at least high enough for my baby to develop her lungs. The Dr's are more optimistic BUT I've been having on/off bleeding usually after bowel movements (no one can explain this) and Caidren's growth has slowed....she's about 2 weeks behind. The amnio came back negative so there are no chromosomal defects but the placenta is probably not functioning up to par and that's why I had all the abnormal test results so Caidren...if she makes it will probably be IUGR. I've been in bed for 4 weeks now....anyone had any similar experiences??

Thanks,
Anne

#3 ·
I haven't had this experience as I refuse all testing, but i have heard of others waters leaking/breaking early (although the one i can remember was about 24 wks a long). Her waters resealed, she rested, drank a TON of water and took a good amount of vitamin C and her levels slowly returned to normal. This one lady actually carried to 45 weeks, so I am hopeful for your lil one!

*hugs* I hope she pulls through and makes up on her growth in a little bit. Probably a lot of stress to her system to have that happen and has paused her growth as she recovers.

Bleeding from bowel movements, i would think that the slow spasms of hte bowels is triggering the uterus to spasm as well, blood is hopefully just from the cervix as the bloodendings are so open during pregnancy.

Keep resting, drinking and eating well, and I know all of us momma's here will keep ya'll in our thoughts and prayers! Oh and please check in now and then!

Ohyes, now is hte time when the placenta really grows too, so hopefully if you eat a good amount of protein every day, it will boost hte growth of the placenta (100grams a day, is probably good in this situation, i'd think...at least). *Sends placenta growth vibes too*

Here's hoping and praying!

#7 ·
Sorry to hear about this difficult experience. I wish the best in getting through the next few months and it sounds like Caiden has a good shot at it.

I also had unexplainable vag. bleeding with every bowel movement the first two months - a lot of it! I had NO idea why, and neither did anyone else. It seemed to resolve itself and I had an u/s immediately after one episode, and everything looked perfectly normal. The only thing they could come up with was that the cervix was very touchy and even a little bit of pressure made it bleed, so maybe its just something like that.

I'm sure you are very stressed but for the sake of the baby I hope you can work through it and try to relax a little bit.

#9 ·
Thank-you all so much for the warm welcome! I've been drinking almost a gal. a day BUT I'm a veggie so 100g of protein/day is a *little* more difficult! My dh is keeping me stuffed w/rice and lentils, almond butter and veggie burgers...I didn't know that the placenta was still developing at this point...so extra protein is great advice! Thanks!!

The bleeding worries me because my Dr said there's the possibility that the placenta is bleeding, forming clots and could cause placental abruption down the rd...though none of this is visible by U/S yet...seems like for every positive corner I turn there's something negative there lurking
On a brighter note...Caidren's kicking me harder now! I used to complain when my other 2 did that now I'd be happy if Caidren does it 24/7!

Thanks again and I wish you all happy, healthy, relatively uneventful pregnancies!

Anne

#11 ·
wishing you and your babe lots of healthy, grow vibes!

My last pregnancy was high-risk because my twins both had heart malformations. I was watched like a HAWK and had to get tons of extra ultrasounds, and non-stress tests at least twice a week (more as the pregnancy went on). The stress of finding out something was wrong with the babies and the pregnancy was overwhelming--I actually went into premature labor (at 24 weeks) because of it.

Everyone kept telling me I would deliver very prematurely, and everyone kept talking about the worst. Dh and my OB kept me positive, though, and miracles do happen! With a lot of rest, and a ton of water (my sympathies on the gallon a day
), my two boys made it PAST their due date.

I know we have different situations and have/had different complications, but I think it's important to do everything you can (water, rest, protein) and just trust that your body knows how to cope. Positive thinking and confidence in yourself goes so far.

Best of luck to you, and I hope Caidren suprises you the way Ian and James did for me--maybe she'll be *much* later than you think!

#12 ·
Thanks for your support nepenthesea (can I ask what your user name means?) and Elisabeth!

I went for another U/S this past Fri and the fluid levels are normal !!! YAY!!!!! However, I'm still bleeding on and off and I'm continuing on bedrest as the Dr. says I prob. have a mild abruption. In addition the Dr told me that because Caidren is measuring 2 weeks behind she would probably not survive even at 24 weeks so we've got to get beyond that...he said 500g (a little over 1lb is when viability is reached).

Kind of scary but we're taking it one day at a time...

Elisabeth did your twins require surgery? Congratulations for making it to the end....I have INFINITE respect for those who have gotten thru a high-risk pregnancy...it has got to be one of the toughest roads to travel!

Anne

edd March 9 but who knows?

#14 ·
Anne (one of my favorite names
)~
Congratulations on the normal fluid levels! I bet Caidren is happily floating in there, all content to have her roomy space back.
24 weeks will be a relief for you, I bet....then every week after that an even greater relief. I bet she stays in there longer than you think!

My boys didn't require surgery, but the heart condition showed us that they have a rare genetic condition called tuberous sclerosis. It's more a seizure/neurological disorder than anything....eventually the tumors on their hearts went away, and now we deal with the rest. Still--no matter what their current health concerns, getting them to a healthy birthing stage must have really helped them.

You're going to make it through this! It's going to make you such a strong mama--the hair-pulling challenges of infanthood will seem so trivial compared with the fight to have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby!

How's the increase in protein going?

((((((((((((stay in there, Caidren!)))))))))))))))

#15 ·
Thanks for your support 3-30-06
!

Elisabeth: I'm so glad that your little ones' didn't require surgery. Will their condition improve eventually? My first child was born 4.5lbs at 38 weeks and she has had some issues...mostly neurological in nature but we're going w/OT and though she's a REAL handful...too bright for her little boots...I wouldn't want her any other way
!!

We are 23 weeks yesterday and the bleeding stopped (hopefully for good) 3 days ago. Just about everything I'm eating (except for that daily dose of jelly bellies) has some amt of protein in it...Caidren is composed 90% of lentils and rice
! I have never eaten so much protein...I even found bagels w/8 g of protein in 'em!

Thanks again for your input and support
!

Anne
edd March 9 but who knows?

#17 ·
OH yes, I can't remember if I posted this.. but there is a vegan protein powder made of brown rice... NutriBiotic I think puts it out and I know Wild Oats carries it. Could be another option for protein in the form of a quick shake or to add to whatever you are making. (I love my brown rice protein shake for breakfast, and snacks, mmmmmm)

#18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Birth Junky
Aris . . . keep us posted, and know that all of us are thinking about you.

Re: getting lots of protein, I just tried my first bowl of Kashi GoLean Crunch this morning, and it is gooo-ooood! 9g of protein per serving, too, which is pretty good (for cereal).
It is. I discovered it recently too. Lots of fiber & protein but it doesn't taste like tree bark. The bars are pretty good too. Its definitely more $$ than usual boxes of cereal (at least around here) and after I ate two boxes I had to give it a rest for a few months, but definitely worth trying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.