Mothering Forum banner

I Am Just going To Name This Babe By Myself!

650 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  rmzbm 
#1 ·
Dp & I cannot agree on a name, I LOVE the name I have chosen & he likes the shortened version so I say he can use the shortened verson & I'll use the whole name.
We have two Dd's & to be honest it's taken me some time to get used to "housing a penis."
He is sooooo thrilled to be having a boy, I feel like if there's ONE name I feel passionately about that we should use it - selfish, huh?
Does anyone else feel like they are doing all of this work, not to mention labor & that they should have an edge on the name? I just feel like it's not THAT important to Dp, he keeps throwing names out there & would settle on any of them, he doesn't feel a passion for any of them.
I just have this name that warms my heart & makes me smile, like I can imagine our little man with this name, no other name seems good enough. Hmmmm.....

See less See more
#3 ·
If you feel that passionatly about it, go for it!! I could have told you when I was five that my firstborn son would be named Zachary...and guess what his name is?? LOL!! BTW~ What is this wonderful name????

#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by rmzbm
If you feel that passionatly about it, go for it!! I could have told you when I was five that my firstborn son would be named Zachary...and guess what his name is?? LOL!! BTW~ What is this wonderful name????
It'll be revealed sometime in early March
Something's gotta be a surprise!

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Metasequoia
I just feel like it's not THAT important to Dp, he keeps throwing names out there & would settle on any of them, he doesn't feel a passion for any of them.
I just have this name that warms my heart & makes me smile, like I can imagine our little man with this name, no other name seems good enough. Hmmmm.....
Hey...are we with the same guy??

My dh is EXACTLY like that. I've had a name that's been in and out of my dreams, sort of echoing around my head since conception, and he just keeps flipping names around. I've been calling my boy by this name (secretly, hopefully) for weeks, so I really don't see how I could give it up at this point. Thankfully Dh likes the name, and in the next couple of days we're deciding officially.

I say keep pushing for the name that's in your heart. Part of me thinks the baby helps put it there, so why not use it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.