lower abdomen pains - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-05-2005, 12:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hmmm, hoping for some feedback. i have a temperature today and faint but unpleasant pains throughout my lower belly.... anyone else experiencing/ed this? Is it my tummy stretching? i'm in my 19th week and showing a little but it's making me a bit worried...and i'm so not a worrier.
thanks.
marcy
#2 of 8 Old 11-05-2005, 12:53 AM

The pains in the lower belly sound like stretching pains, but if you're also having a fever, I'd also wonder about a UTI. I only get these while pregnant. To top that off, I don't have normal "UTI pain", it's more like contractions and so on, so they scared me a lot during my first pregnancy. I'd start with the cranberry juice, then call your m/w or ob to get it tested. UTI's are no fun while pregnant.
#3 of 8 Old 11-05-2005, 01:02 AM

Let us know how it goes, mama.
#4 of 8 Old 11-05-2005, 10:44 AM

I kind of had the same thing...lower abdomen discomfort and I had no idea what it was....stretching pain, contraction, UTI, or what. My bladder is deranged now (thanks, baby) so even a moderately full bladder actually hurts until I can go. They said as long as it isn't bleeding, and there aren't any contractions you can time, its probably no big deal.

Hope you figure it out. I know its stressful. And for me, it ALWAYS has to be a weekend when I think something's weird and I can't call.
#5 of 8 Old 11-05-2005, 01:47 PM

Sounds like stretching, but get the UTI checked out. It's nothing to mess with (though it can be treated very quickly). I only get UTIs when I'm pregnant...this time I've been taking a daily cranberry supplement, and so far so good. It's A LOT cheaper than buying pure cranberry juice!

Let us know how your'e doing!

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#6 of 8 Old 11-05-2005, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOakMomma
It's A LOT cheaper than buying pure cranberry juice!
But pure cranberry juice tastes a little like wine. : I've been drinking it every night with dinner, in a red wine glass, and it kind of makes me feel "normal." I was missing my wine with dinner! I went ahead and just had half a glass of shiraz one night, but after being off it for several months it just felt odd. So...pure cranberry juice, and no UTIs for me!

But back on topic...Marcy, I'd have it checked out, especially since you have a fever, but I think it's normal to have a certain amount of stretching-related pains while we are in such a stage of growth. I know I have been having them.

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
#7 of 8 Old 11-05-2005, 11:57 PM

like wine, huh? Never thought of that.....Of course, I got so sick of taking cranberry juice every day (last pregnancy), that I was taking a 1/2 cup every day like giant shots of whiskey. Guess cranberry brings out alcohol-like thoughts in all of us!

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#8 of 8 Old 11-06-2005, 01:54 AM

Im also having the lower-abdomen pains too, and the occasional pain when peeing- even with half a tank -haha!
I also noticed when I lean down in a twisting direction (like to tie a shoe or pull on pants or something) it pulls funny on my belly muscles...

I like cranberry juice in seltzer- its like good for you soda.

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page