Spotting pinkish orange 23rd week? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-09-2005, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi
I have had this pinkish orange spotting about 2 days a week for about 3 months. my dr says my cervix is closed,but I am still wondering what it is. I have Kaiser and I do not trust my dr that much I am switching drs,but will not see the new dr for about 6 weeks. I had my 20 week ultrasound and everything is normal. I am having another boy,my 1st is 28 months.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this? :

Co-sleeping,breastfeeding,Christian
#2 of 6 Old 11-09-2005, 07:35 PM

The first two things that come to mind....

Are you, or were you, on progesterone cream? I've had two friends now that have been on it, and with both it caused harmless spotting. Friend #1's doctor said it's because progesterone can cause capilaries in the cervix to get fragile and bleed easily.

The second thing is something you've probably thought of, so forgive me if it's "too much information"....is your spotting in any way related to having sex? Bumping the cervix, especially when pregnancy causes so much blood flow to the region, can cause some (harmless) spotting.

I hope your new doctor gives you some better answers. In the meantime, it sounds like baby is doing great! Remember--some women just spot off and on for their whole pregnancy.

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#3 of 6 Old 11-09-2005, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter

I have never used any progesterone cream,and have not had sex since the baby was conceived. Thanks for your thoughts.

#4 of 6 Old 11-10-2005, 02:07 AM

I have heard it is OK to have some minor spotting. It could be anything -- maybe some nabothean (sp?) cysts that have erupted? (Basically pimples on your cervix)
#5 of 6 Old 11-10-2005, 01:16 PM

It can even be a bit of the mucous plug coming out.. it continually sheds and rebuilds itself throughout the pregnancy, just in tiny amounts usually. The cervix being closed does not prevent the shedding as this is how the body keeps everything clean and healthy up there. It probably is nothing to worry about.

Bright red with heavy cramps is usually what they say is the stuff to be concerned over.

Mum to DS (8yrs), DD (6yrs), and DS(3.5yrs). kid.gif

#6 of 6 Old 11-12-2005, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everybody for your input.
Lisa

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page