had my ultrasound today! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-09-2005, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wow. the ultrasound guy was awesome. he came to my house and it was so relaxing and he explained everything as he went along. baby is measuring exactly as i thought, which is cool because going by my last period, i am due 3/14 and by the day i am SURE i conceived it is 3/20. i didn't even tell him that date and that is what the U/S gave. everything looked perfect. he said baby has my hubby's toes and possibly a cleft in the chin (courtesy of DH as well). DH has the second toe bigger than the 1st one. my first toe is biggest. abby has her dad's toes as well. i guess he has all the dominant genes.

i feel reassured now that things are going good despite my lack of huge amount of weight gain. now i just am going to hope for a healthy rest of the pregnancy and the homebirth i am craving.

we didn't find out the sex, i kinda want to know, but DH doesn't. so i had him write it down and seal it in an envelope to see if DH eventually changes his mind. i know i can't keep a secret, so i can't even sneek a peek. and he didn't record that part of the U/S on the video so i can't even try to guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 11-09-2005, 09:02 PM

Congratulations on a healthy baby and ultrasound!! How exciting! You're so strong to not peak!

Mine is next week and I can't wait to see the little baby! It's driving me nuts.
#3 of 6 Old 11-09-2005, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

i want to peek, but i can't keep a secret and don't want DH mad at me. we always planned on not finding out, but curiosity has got the best of me this time. i will give him a bit of time to see if he wants to know, if not, i will have to BURN it!!

i kinda don't want to know as well. it is hard. with abby i absolutely did not want to know, with this one, since i am really hoping for a girl, i kinda want to know so if it is a boy, i can get into boy mode.

this is so typical me. wishy washy.
#4 of 6 Old 11-09-2005, 09:28 PM

Yay for a healthy baby! We didn't find out the gender with our first four - it's an awesome thing to find out at birth! Since this is our last, I really wanted to know before the birth, but if she had been stubborn and didn't give us a peak, it would have been okay too.
#5 of 6 Old 11-09-2005, 10:28 PM

Congrats!! My US is TOMORROW...I am already freaking out - I just HAVE to know!!!!
BTW- PEEK!! *I* wanna know & won't tell your DH!!
Yeah, ignore me...

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#6 of 6 Old 11-09-2005, 11:49 PM

They came to your house?!

Mine is Friday. I had to wait to 23 weeks to get a day when my DH could come with me. I didn't want to know, but he does, so we'll be finding out. Its killing me to have to wait this long but maybe there will be more to see.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page