Anyone else not leaking? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 44 Old 12-20-2005, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No leaking here either. It's only been about 2.5 months since I stopped bfing dd. I've nevr been much of a leaker, but make plenty of milk when it's time to feed the baby!
#32 of 44 Old 12-20-2005, 05:17 PM

I'm not leaking per se, but something's going on because **TMI warning** my nips get this crusty yellow schmag on them. It flakes right off in the shower, but still. Not pretty. DS just stopped nursing about 3 months ago so it may be remainders from that.
#33 of 44 Old 12-20-2005, 10:34 PM

OK, **TMI WARNING ALSO***
So I was in the shower, thought I would give the girls a squeeze. One of my girls gave off some dark colored, I'm convinced it was blood, stuff... and the other gave off a tiny drop of clear stuff... Should I be concerned about the blood looking stuff???

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

#34 of 44 Old 12-21-2005, 02:39 AM

no leaking here at 27 weeks. i nursed DD till she was 3 (a couple months into the pregnancy) and now i have nothing. she has nursed a few times since weaning, but says there is no milk, that the baby drank it all. i didn't leak with her pregnancy, but i sure leaked after she was born, for like 10 months, so i am sure i will make up for it later!
#35 of 44 Old 12-30-2005, 03:54 PM

Just the other night, I woke up with a round wet spot just about the area of my boob. So the leaking has begun! I vaguely recall that I was uncomfortably positioned in the bed - and I was leaning on my boob that eventually leaked. So perhaps that had something to do with it?

Not sure if this was a one shot deal or a sign of things to come over the remaining weeks, but either way, figured it was worth a mention here For what it's worth, I'm at 31w3d right now...
#36 of 44 Old 12-30-2005, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Dimples
Some books say that but it's - well, not wrong exactly, but not really true either. For some women, the areola is a pretty good guide as to how big a mouthful your baby should be getting, but for some it isn't. Some women have HUGE areolas, some have small, and in either case it won't make a good guide, KWIM? Your baby should have a very wide open mouth, with lips flanged outwards, but don't worry if he can't get the whole thing in there.
Thanks for clarifying that! Mine are HUGE and there is just no way she will be able to cover the whole areola.

BTW I noticed some dry crusties the other day, but I'm not leaking per say and can't express anything.

I was starting to wonder if that made a difference in BFing success or not, but from reading this thread I don't think it does.
#37 of 44 Old 12-30-2005, 07:51 PM

I have *thought* a couple times I might be, but I think it was more wetness from leaning against the sink or doing dishes or something. I nursed dd until she was about 32 months and a few times since then. With my dd (1st pregnancy) I started leaking colostrom at 28 weeks. It is a cool sign that your body knows what it is doing, but I know mine knows how since I nursed dd for so long, so I hope I don't leak a lot before baby is born. Just something extra to have to deal with for no useful (yet) reason. I am expecting to leak MORE though since I have nursed before. We will see.

Babydoll
#38 of 44 Old 01-03-2006, 08:56 AM

Oy... I wish I could say I wasn't leaking yet. About 10 minutes ago, I felt something cold on my nipple, I look down, and sure enough my shirt is soaked through at least the size of a half-dollar on each side.

Guess I gotta break down and buy the breast pads off my regestry

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!
#39 of 44 Old 01-03-2006, 10:58 AM

It suddenly happened to me too.
I had no idea my boobs could do it!
#40 of 44 Old 01-03-2006, 11:15 AM

i'm not leaking colostrum, but for the past 2 or so weeks i've been able to express it and get the usual 'let-down' feeling once in a while. So exciting! I can't wait to have the new baby at my breast and hopefully my son at the other one... *siiiigh*

Mum to DS (8yrs), DD (6yrs), and DS(3.5yrs). kid.gif

#41 of 44 Old 01-03-2006, 12:32 PM

I have EXTREMELY dry, crusty nipples (which are now huge). I think a few days of regular sucking will take care of those though.

I expressed a few drops of fluid (assuming colostrum) from my left nipple the other day! How exciting.
#42 of 44 Old 01-03-2006, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellykins
OK, **TMI WARNING ALSO***
So I was in the shower, thought I would give the girls a squeeze. One of my girls gave off some dark colored, I'm convinced it was blood, stuff... and the other gave off a tiny drop of clear stuff... Should I be concerned about the blood looking stuff???
Probably not.. even when you are nursing or pumping, sometimes a bit of blood ends up in it. No worries, doesn't hurt you or baby. Unless you start, like, hemorraging.. then I guess that would be time to worry!

Mum to DS (8yrs), DD (6yrs), and DS(3.5yrs). kid.gif

#43 of 44 Old 01-04-2006, 05:55 PM

I'm currently pregnant with #4 and have never leaked with any of my babes prior to my milk coming after birth. So I would say not to worry everyone is different and every baby is different as well. I know that with my first my milk didn't come in until 4days later and man was I engorged! She was also small so I think that's why it took so long and the worse the engorgement. With my other two I never had a problem with as much engorgement but it still took 3-4 days for my milk to come in.l
#44 of 44 Old 01-05-2006, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahwuko
...there was just a thread in the Media forum about how stupid Parent magazine is (and all those generic magazines). I mean really...I've not had my baby yet, but most of the advice is so obvious and the rest of it is just a barely disguised advertisement for something. I just throw it out because reading it gets me all steamed.
Amen to that! My sister gave me a subscription to that magazine. It is so dumb! And all the issues are basically the same thing
I didn't get ANYTHING from Motherhood. No bag of stuff, no magazine, no samples....maybe I didn't spend enough

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page