Anyone else not leaking? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 44 Old 12-12-2005, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was just visiting the April 2006 DDC, and alot of those mamas are leaking milk already. I haven't had anything. Is that normal? Is everybody here leaking, and I'm the only one not? Just curious...
#2 of 44 Old 12-12-2005, 06:04 PM

I didn't leak with my last pregnancy, and I'm not leaking with this one, either (after the baby's born....that's a whole 'nother story ) I can express a very small amount of colostrum/milk, though....just tiny little beads. If you want to try to express colostrum, try in the shower--that's how I was first able to do it.

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#3 of 44 Old 12-12-2005, 06:20 PM

No leak here! Didn't have it with first and I don't have it now, can't even express anything at this point. That's fine by me though, who needs to deal with that at this stage.
#4 of 44 Old 12-12-2005, 06:32 PM

I'm almost 28 weeks- no leaking here! I hadn't even thought about it. Once in awhile I'll squeeze my boob near the nipple to see if anything comes out... nada! I wouldn't worry!
#5 of 44 Old 12-12-2005, 06:35 PM

I am due in May and nursed my dd for about 3 years, she only weaned a few months before I got pregnant so I was wondering if I would start leaking milk sooner. I leaked with her (1st pregnancy - mostly colostrom though). I think that started at 19 weeks? I would have to check my journal though for sure.
#6 of 44 Old 12-12-2005, 06:54 PM

Nope. Nothin'.
#7 of 44 Old 12-12-2005, 07:10 PM

Hadn't even thought about it... I'm not leaking anything here either...
I guess we are all different, eh?

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

#8 of 44 Old 12-12-2005, 07:36 PM

No leaking here! My poor boobs must be doing *something* to get ready, though. I have gone up fully one cup size and two band widths! Yowsers!

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
#9 of 44 Old 12-12-2005, 07:42 PM

No leaking, but I am drooping...
#10 of 44 Old 12-12-2005, 11:20 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I don't count - I'm still nursing my Dd, BUT, I didn't leak with either of my Dd's until the last few weeks of pregnancy.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#11 of 44 Old 12-13-2005, 12:56 AM

the faucet is dry over here. still waiting for the boobs to get big again too. ok, not big. just bigger. i lost my milk very early on and have been smaller than I was before I ever nursed
#12 of 44 Old 12-13-2005, 01:27 AM

Nope, not me either. I'm up a cup size and one band width (though I think I could easily go up one more).
#13 of 44 Old 12-13-2005, 11:53 AM

I didn't leak w/ DS and am not leaking now. I don't think it means a darn thing. My tiny breasts didn't grow/hurt at all last time, either, and I had an abundant milk supply.

Christine , wife of Ron , mama to Tony (4-25-03) and Maria (3-19-06) :
#14 of 44 Old 12-13-2005, 03:18 PM

nope, me neither. I didn't in either previous pg.
-but like RedOakMomma said, after is a whole other story.
#15 of 44 Old 12-13-2005, 03:37 PM

Just dropping in from the December board to tell you that I am due tomorrow and I'm STILL not leaking! I can't express anything either. My midwife says not to worry at all, that everyone is different and my colostrum will come in right away when I give birth.

Don't panic!
#16 of 44 Old 12-13-2005, 06:33 PM

Not leaking, either. And frankly, I'm a little afraid to try, because I'm worried about the possibility of stimulating uterine contractions. I know that chances are it won't happen, but I'm a huge worrier by nature.

My boobs are definitely doing something though, because I've gone up 2 cup sizes and one of my areolas is now enormous. I'm a teeny bit worried about that, because don't the breastfeeding books say your baby's mouth is supposed to cover the area when he feeds? If so, this kid is going to look like a fish.
#17 of 44 Old 12-13-2005, 07:11 PM

I'm not leaking at all, didn't last time either, and I had TRUCKLOADS of milk when it came in. You'll be fine. Just consider it one of those things you don't have to deal with yet! Lots of time for nursing pads later on...
#18 of 44 Old 12-13-2005, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wencit
I'm a teeny bit worried about that, because don't the breastfeeding books say your baby's mouth is supposed to cover the area when he feeds? If so, this kid is going to look like a fish.
Some books say that but it's - well, not wrong exactly, but not really true either. For some women, the areola is a pretty good guide as to how big a mouthful your baby should be getting, but for some it isn't. Some women have HUGE areolas, some have small, and in either case it won't make a good guide, KWIM? Your baby should have a very wide open mouth, with lips flanged outwards, but don't worry if he can't get the whole thing in there.
#19 of 44 Old 12-13-2005, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, thanks for making me feel better!
#20 of 44 Old 12-13-2005, 10:00 PM

Wow, I hadn't even thought about that. No leaking here though.
#21 of 44 Old 12-13-2005, 10:25 PM

I called my husband that he didn't need to stop at the store tonight, I made some of my own! How strange. I was taking a hot shower, and tried to squeeze my nip a little bit...some came out. What a weird emotion that produced. Sort of scary but cool at the same time...

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
#22 of 44 Old 12-13-2005, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter

I KNOW!!!! Just out of curiosity, I squeezed mine last night. Nothing out of one, but the other one had a very tiny amount of clear fluid come out. It was WEIRD! But cool, too...
#23 of 44 Old 12-14-2005, 11:28 AM

What came out of mine looked just like milk. Everything I've read said it's supposed to be clear or yellowish...strange. Maybe my boobs are just ahead of the game or something.

Now I suppose I should start carrying some boob pads in my purse, just in case, now that I know I'm capable of leaking.

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
#24 of 44 Old 12-14-2005, 12:16 PM

Would you believe, I bought a shirt at Motherhood, and not even 4 DAYS LATER I am getting all kinds of crap in the mail, including formula, coupons, nursing pads, breastfeeding kits, nursing clothes etc.? They don't waste any time do they!

I did think it was funny, that they make you sign a paper saying that you only have ten days to return anything (in case you have a baby and return everything I guess or outgrow it and try to give it back).
#25 of 44 Old 12-14-2005, 09:56 PM

I didn't leak with ds, and I'm not leaking now... but then, I'm still nursing!

Warning TMI ahead!
I'm pretty sure there's colostrum there, though. Ds's poop has gotten kinda runny and green lately, when it was getting pretty solid before that.

Melissa crochetsmilie.gif, wife to Tom geek.gif, mom to The Baron modifiedartist.gif, the Bean superhero.gif, Little Bear diaper.gif, and Baby Beaver babyboy.gif
#26 of 44 Old 12-16-2005, 03:26 PM

No leaking happening here... Just huge boobs!
#27 of 44 Old 12-16-2005, 11:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahwuko
Would you believe, I bought a shirt at Motherhood, and not even 4 DAYS LATER I am getting all kinds of crap in the mail, including formula, coupons, nursing pads, breastfeeding kits, nursing clothes etc.? They don't waste any time do they!

I did think it was funny, that they make you sign a paper saying that you only have ten days to return anything (in case you have a baby and return everything I guess or outgrow it and try to give it back).
That's odd, because I have been there several times to buy things, and they haven't sent me anything yet, except that stupid Parenting magazine. They offered me coupons on formula and diapers, and I said, no, thanks.
#28 of 44 Old 12-17-2005, 01:18 AM

still nothin here... And I've not gotten any bigger in a long time. I guess I am bringing up the rear of the month, so I m prolly behind most of you by a few weeks, maybe that has something to do with it?

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

#29 of 44 Old 12-18-2005, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepenthesea
That's odd, because I have been there several times to buy things, and they haven't sent me anything yet, except that stupid Parenting magazine. They offered me coupons on formula and diapers, and I said, no, thanks.
Me too! And I thought that stupid Parenting magazine was from Babies R Us... now I know the true culprit! But other than the initial bag they gave me my first time in there (with a bottle, coupons for formula, etc.) I haven't got a thing.

Still no milk here... Now I'm nervous, though... what if my boobs decide to kick in and leak a bit while DH and I are being romantic?
#30 of 44 Old 12-18-2005, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ell-Bell
Me too! And I thought that stupid Parenting magazine was from Babies R Us... now I know the true culprit! But other than the initial bag they gave me my first time in there (with a bottle, coupons for formula, etc.) I haven't got a thing.

Still no milk here... Now I'm nervous, though... what if my boobs decide to kick in and leak a bit while DH and I are being romantic?
Did the Motherhood store ask for your phone #? I was stupid enough to give it, and they get your address that way (I think). And funny you should mention it...there was just a thread in the Media forum about how stupid Parent magazine is (and all those generic magazines). I mean really...I've not had my baby yet, but most of the advice is so obvious and the rest of it is just a barely disguised advertisement for something. I just throw it out because reading it gets me all steamed.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page