Yay/Thanks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-16-2005, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yay! I bought some cloth diapers. At least I'm getting something for this kid!! My husband isn't totally on board with the cloth, but hopefully I can do it right and it will work. I got the Mothereases.

I had a very interesting OB appointment. He had a long conversation with me about how easy its going to be to get me "unpregnant" on the date and time that I choose. I was thinking, "How about we wait til I go into labor?" Sheesh....and they're all busy inducing everyone at the hospital this week to get it over with so no one is on call for Christmas and the patients can get their little tax break before Jan 1st. Can I just say, THANKS to all of you for being YOU?? I don't know what I'd do without the information I've gotten here and knowing that there are LOTS of people who don't do the mainstream thing.
#2 of 5 Old 12-16-2005, 11:23 PM

That is horrible! I would probably FLIP if my doctor said that to me!
I have a friend who is currently trying to get pregnant and she keeps telling me that she is going to get a C-Section so that she doesn't have to "mess up everything down there". No matter what I say, she keeps coming back with "well all the stars are doing in now"!!! It blows me away......

Wendi

Mom to my little super hero superhero.gif (02/06) and our super hero-in-training femalesling.GIF (11/11).

#3 of 5 Old 12-16-2005, 11:26 PM

...by the way, wanted to add that I am SO excited to get my cloth diapers! I haven't purchased them yet, but I am looking forward to getting all of them. This is my first time and I think I finally figured out what I want to get. This will be my husband's first time too. So far he's on board with the cloth diapers because it will save us money.

Wendi

Mom to my little super hero superhero.gif (02/06) and our super hero-in-training femalesling.GIF (11/11).

#4 of 5 Old 12-17-2005, 10:47 AM

Boy, ahwuko, that's so frustrating to hear! I hope you told him exactly what you thought of that suggestion.

I've heard great things about the Motherease diapers, and you can use them for all sizes! I guess figuring out the snaps is the hardest thing! I got a bunch of used Kissaluvs and wraps with a few AIOs for going out (and for dad ).
#5 of 5 Old 12-17-2005, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Oh I'm not upset about it...I'm moving in Feb (that's the plan) and changing to a CNM at a birth center, so I just go with the flow. Its actually kind of amusing! I haven't told them I'm not delivering there.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page