The contours of my belly... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-22-2005, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am just finding it interesting (this being my first successful pregnancy) watching my belly expand. I was lying on my side yesterday, and noticed how square it looks. Dh came home from work. He loves to look at my belly, and always makes some type of comment about how big it's getting... Like "man, if you're this big now, how big are you going to be in 3 more months?". Real supportive stuff like that.

Last night (and he always acts totally shocked to see how big it's getting) he says "what in the world did I do to you?" (he's 6'2" and was like 8 1/2 lbs when born). I said "I know, how am I ever going to get this thing out?".

The things that come out of husbands mouths sometimes...he cracks me up!

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-22-2005, 12:41 PM

My MIL says we're "the poodle and the great dane" (guess who's the poodle, and who is the GD) - you never know what kind of puppies you're going to get!

I'm hoping this isn't a Great Dane baby. Because I feel the same way. I'm lookin' at it, and I'm telling you, it certainly doesn't look like its gonna fit......
#3 of 4 Old 12-22-2005, 01:17 PM

Every time I complain about being uncomfortable, I just hear how much worse it's going to get. It turns out that isn't so helpful.

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
#4 of 4 Old 12-26-2005, 10:42 AM

I'm 5 '3" and DH is 6'2". DS was only 6 lb 4 oz and born on time (39 weeks). He nursed like a wild man though to make up for lost time and is now a strapping 3 YO who might just surpass his papa. I have read that more often than not the baby is closer to the mother's size at the time of birth than the father's.

Guess we'll see this time....

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page