Am I gonna poop this kid out? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-23-2005, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
O.K., new experience today. I have had no issues with getting things moving. But this evening, I had such a hard time, I was worried I was going to squeeze so hard that he was going to come out and land in the toilet.

Am I the only person who is having this uncontrollable fear of premature labor? I think about it every day. I know I'm to the point where he could most likely make it if he were born, but I am just freaking out here!

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
#2 of 8 Old 12-24-2005, 11:15 AM

I'm not as worried as I was now that I'm at 29 weeks. Its funny - first I was all worried about going too soon, and now all I can worry about is, the closer I get to 40 weeks the bigger this baby is going to be!

He's definitely grown a lot - I can see definable parts sticking out here and there, but can't identify them.

And I had no problem with digestive system either until just this week, which again makes me think he grew a lot. I feel much bigger. And my system is much less cooperative, even with the fiber & fish oils.
#3 of 8 Old 12-24-2005, 12:14 PM

Carrin.
I think we just worry about whatever there is to worry about at the moment. First it was miscarriage, now it's pre-term labor. Once we're term we'll find something else to worry about. (Like the fact we're about to be mothers! ) You can't bring on labor by straining on the toilet; he's safe and sound!

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
#4 of 8 Old 12-24-2005, 01:22 PM

Well, I'm not worried about pooping my little one out, but when I do go I wonder where my muscles are to push! It seems they are way on the sides of my tummy and it just feels so weird to use them. Fortunately, I have not had many digestive problems this pregnancy (I usually do though when I'm not pregnant!).

Wendi

Mom to my little super hero superhero.gif (02/06) and our super hero-in-training femalesling.GIF (11/11).

#5 of 8 Old 12-24-2005, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

It is strange how our muscles have shifted around and become less efficient. After that incident last night, my stomach muscles hurt for about 2 hours. Man, I can't imagine how I'm going to feel after giving birth! Ouchies!

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
#6 of 8 Old 12-26-2005, 10:36 PM

I've had that poop problem, too! In fact, I swear that all the struggling and pushing I do in the bathroom trying to poop will help to prepare me for the birth!

But seriously, I have wondered if the pushing is bad and might cause premature labor. I'm 29.5 weeks now, so I find that I'm worrying less and less each day... but still it is a thought!
#7 of 8 Old 12-27-2005, 01:11 AM

I'm trying really hard not to strain while pooping because I don't want to encourage those hemorrhoids!
#8 of 8 Old 12-27-2005, 03:28 PM

I was told that without uterine contractions, we could push until our eyes popped out of our heads, but it wouldn't get the baby out. Interesting. So, push away. But, like the others said, I'm worried about hemrroids. I try to relax and bring my knees up closer to my waist by putting my feet on a step-stool. It seems to help. I read that it's a better to go...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page