Are We In a Big Growth Phase? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 12-28-2005, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Anyone know when the big growth spurts take place? I've been waking at 3am again lately with my body telling me that I'm *starving*, no matter how big of a dinner I've eaten. I'm just about 30 weeks.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#2 of 13 Old 12-28-2005, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know, but I've been really hungry all the time lately. I'm about 30 weeks too.

Alicia + James = Gabriel (9), Uriah (7), Ayla (5), Noah (3), Azriel (1), and due Oct. 2011

#3 of 13 Old 12-28-2005, 01:43 PM

I don't know if this is a sign for how huge I'm going to be by 40 weeks, but I'm only 26 weeks and I have recently noticed my belly got gigantic and I'm hungry throughout the day and night.
#4 of 13 Old 12-28-2005, 02:28 PM

well, considering baby gains 2/3rds of its weight in the last 2 months, yeah, I'd say we're all going through growth spurts. LOL.

If my body follows last pregnancy pattern, I will slowly gain until the last 5 weeks (which is less than 6 weeks away, gulp!) and then my belly will be this huuuuge bowling ball in front of me

Mum to DS (8yrs), DD (6yrs), and DS(3.5yrs). kid.gif

#5 of 13 Old 12-28-2005, 03:12 PM

I've been feeling HUGE since I started showing at 24 weeks. But the funny thing is that at my last prenatal appointment, at 23 weeks, BEFORE I was showing, I was measuring at 24 weeks . . .

Then I had a prenatal appointment yesterday (27 weeks), and I only measured at 26!

I had kind of psyched myself out, especially since I measured one week ahead of dates last month, and because I have had this nagging voice in the back of my head since getting pregnant saying that it could be twins. But the midwife was very reassuring yesterday, and said she was only feeling one baby in there, and I wasn't measuring ahead of dates . . .

Still, I can't believe how much I have grown in the last three weeks. And I still have 13 (or so) to go?!?
#6 of 13 Old 12-28-2005, 03:47 PM

I don't know, but my husband was singing "Baby Got Back" earlier.

Now my mind has been rapping "I like big butts" all day. I have to get it out because all day I've been too concerned about my rear end to concentrate.

#7 of 13 Old 12-28-2005, 03:50 PM

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am definitely going through a huge growth spurt, and have been since mid-November. At my 24 week appt. on November 16th or so, I measured 25 cm. I told the midwives I felt huge, and they said, "that's because you have never been pregnant before!" At Thanksgiving, everybody in my family talked about how much my belly had grown in the three weeks since they had last seen me. Then on Dec. 14th, I had my 28 week appt., and suddenly I measured 35 cm, which is one of the things that made the midwives realize that I could be carrying twins! And I hadn't been eating more or anything.

MIL told me on Christmas day that she thought my belly had gotten bigger in the last two days. I told her I thought EVERYONE'S bellies had gotten bigger in that time!
#8 of 13 Old 12-28-2005, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Wow nepenthesea! So are you going to find out if you are carrying twins? I've been HUGE since around 12-13 weeks. I already weigh what I weighed when I had both Dd's. Dp also commented on my butt this morning, said that he thinks I will keep some of it this time - LOL.

The boy has been in an awkward position for about two days now, very uncomfortable, he's much lower in my pelvis than my Dd's were, hmmmm......old wives' tale or are my muscles just a little lax by now????

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#9 of 13 Old 12-28-2005, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metasequoia
Wow nepenthesea! So are you going to find out if you are carrying twins?
I DID find out I'm having twins! That's why I started this thread:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=384296
#10 of 13 Old 12-28-2005, 09:15 PM

I don't know, but my DH told me that I am waddling! Isn't he a sweetie!
#11 of 13 Old 12-28-2005, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepenthesea
I DID find out I'm having twins! That's why I started this thread:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=384296
Oops! I even read that aloud to my Dh because I though it was so amazing that they missed that in the u/s the first time! Duh!! Sorry, preggo brain.

#12 of 13 Old 12-29-2005, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Oops! I even read that aloud to my Dh because I though it was so amazing that they missed that in the u/s the first time! Duh!! Sorry, preggo brain.
I understand...it happens
#13 of 13 Old 12-29-2005, 11:06 AM

Quote:
The boy has been in an awkward position for about two days now, very uncomfortable, he's much lower in my pelvis than my Dd's were, hmmmm......old wives' tale or are my muscles just a little lax by now????
I don't know, but mine is a boy, and he's very low...I look like I have a saggy beer gut rather than an evenly distributed bump. And he's my first. He seems to be all puddled up in the bottom.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page