Interaction/Games with Baby? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-28-2005, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone been playing with their baby yet? I started this morning sort of firmly rubbing where I feel him kick, just to see if he will kick back at me. I read a while ago about some father that taught the baby to follow his pushes and kick in a circle (while inside mom of course). Of course, I don't want to push so much that I am harassing him or something.

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2005, 01:16 PM

We play pokethe baby a lot. My MWs like to play "where are you hiding?" and try to identify the different body parts at my visits. My baby doesn't just kick, and seems to like sitting posterior so we get all kinds of funny movements.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:26 PM

Just this past weekend I really started feeling the baby move a lot and throughout most of the day. So, now when she moves or kicks I can push a little back and get her to respond. It's a lot of fun..for me anyways. I don't know about her. But, my husband finally got to take part in the baby fun.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:13 PM

I feel really funny about talking to her when anyone else is around, but I have done it when we were laying around and she was kicking. I would tell her, "Do it again, Ellie! Kick me again!" And a couple of times, she did. Don't know if that was just coincidence or what, but it was cool!
Old 12-30-2005, 03:59 PM

My baby doesn't do anything. He is so quiet and barely kicks at all. I spent two hours on the fetal monitor yesterday and they said he was moving all over the place and was fine, I just wasn't feeling it, and nothing to worry about. I guess the anterior placenta really has a lot to do with it. And the little stinker, when he does move, will stop instantly as soon as my husband tries to feel it. He's getting majorly offended and keeps asking me if I think the baby doesn't like him!

I play music for him, but only when he seems to be awake, so I don't harrass him. I poke him a lot too.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahwuko
And the little stinker, when he does move, will stop instantly as soon as my husband tries to feel it. He's getting majorly offended and keeps asking me if I think the baby doesn't like him!
Both my babies have done this!!! Always stops when DH puts his hand on my belly. Or if I pull up my shirt to watch the movements, always stops too!
Old 12-31-2005, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allismom
Both my babies have done this!!! Always stops when DH puts his hand on my belly. Or if I pull up my shirt to watch the movements, always stops too!
I have tried to video tape my belly moving and I swear she knows when I have the camera on her! She will be doing these major kicks and then as soon as I aim the camera at my belly, she stops. She will start back up when I give up.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter

Last night, I was rubbing firmly the last spot where Ben had kicked. I am assuming that he liked the game because he kept it up for a long time. I called DH upstairs, and it's the first time that he has gotten to be part of the action. He, literally, got a kick out of it. Ben was up for a long time after that, like he wanted to keep playing...or maybe his adrenaline was really up. I had to sort of rock him to sleep. He slept for 10 minutes, and then was at it again.

I figure, even if it's making him mad, and that's why he's kicking back...the stimulation is good for him and his brain development. I'll bet it's pretty darn boring in there.

Fun stuff...

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
Old 01-01-2006, 05:59 AM

It's actually quite calming and full of gentle stimulation all the time in the womb.. or at least from what I can remember.

Mum to DS (8yrs), DD (6yrs), and DS(3.5yrs). kid.gif

Old 01-02-2006, 01:02 AM

After bathing/showering I rub belly balm into my tummy and breasts. I linger on the belly for about 10 minutes, making little circles and trying to figure out which parts are where.

I know where the leg is (sticking out under my rib!) and I can push or rub there and he/she will kick back, or move it's upper body. I think it tickles Well, that's what I like to think, anyway! DH keeps telling me to "Stop poking him!" and "Leave him alone, he's sleeping!" He thinks I'm hurting or annoying the baby. But I know that when he does get to feel/watch it move, he is thrilled.

User Tag List