The 2 Month Cold - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-01-2006, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm just full of complaints tonight.....heartburn & snot.

I've had a cold or consecutive colds for 2 months now, without a break. The first was a horrible cough that Dd1 started that lasted a good 3-4 weeks & had me peeing in my pants left & right (remember that thread?)

There was a day or two where it felt like maybe, just maybe, everything was on the mend & then we all stuffed up again. Both Dd's have had double ear infections, I think Dd2's ear drum ruptured over the weekend .

I've been taking tons of Acerola (the good vitamin c,) lots of garlic & I started dropping breastmilk/colostrum up my nose today.

Anyone else chronically ill? Many folks in my FNL group have been battling various ailments for extended periods of time, maybe it's just a brutal winter in terms of health?

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#2 of 6 Old 01-01-2006, 11:31 PM

Yep.....had two colds in a row that won't go. I was doing GREAT til I traveled, and that set it all off. I'm particularly worried because I want to feel fit and mentally in good shape for labor, not exhausted and sick.
#3 of 6 Old 01-02-2006, 06:50 AM

eew, I am so sorry. It sucks to be sick! I was sick for a couple weeks while in the States, but have been just fine since then and before that too. But then, the benefit of SAHM is NOT going anywhere during the huge cold season, heheh.

I just suffer from pregnancy stuffed nose, which neti pot helps with and the airfilter.. Probably a good idea to vacuum and dust a bit more often, lol.

Get better mama!

Mum to DS (8yrs), DD (6yrs), and DS(3.5yrs). kid.gif

#4 of 6 Old 01-02-2006, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Ahwuko, We share the same EDD & we both live in PA - haha! I'm in the Philly 'burbs.
Yvonnemlv, I'm a SAHM, somehow I've managed to get this neverending cold!! Yuck! And my Dd's don't go to school or daycare, I guess my immune system is just compromised beyond repair at the moment. I hope I don't have this for 10 more weeks! Blech!
LOL, the vacuuming - I KNOW we need to get our ducts cleaned, this house is sooooo dusty! I also need to change the filter on the heat system - the forced heat really does us in. I'm thinking of investing in one of those humidifiers that is hooked up to your heat system. It actually isn't that expensive - a couple hundred bucks, which, IMO, is worth it to keep us healthy! A professional has to come tap into our water pipes & hook them up directly to the heat system.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#5 of 6 Old 01-02-2006, 03:24 PM

I know! Actually I'm pretty familiar with that area - I grew up in Philadelphia and my grandparents lived in Limerick which is around the corner from you.
#6 of 6 Old 01-02-2006, 05:21 PM

Hmm, i bet those ducts need some serious cleaning.. get all that taken care of and you may start actually getting better within the week! No central heating in Sweden (that i know of.. certainly not in our apartments), so that is not an issue for us, thank goodness. But darn that dust and how it piles up. (Okay, granted my hubby didn't dust much other than those obvious spots since son and i went to the states 3 months ago.....)

Mum to DS (8yrs), DD (6yrs), and DS(3.5yrs). kid.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page