due date question - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-02-2006, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Which due date should I go by? My dr. is still using March 21st which goes along with my LMP, but the first ultrasound I said put my due date at March 28th which I have been using because I think it is more accurate....don't ask me why...I just do. But if I go with the first one, I may end up being induced and I'm not sure I want that. (DH was so sweet to tell my dr. that I did not want pitocin at my last appt.--I love it, because he has been listening to me rant about going naturally as possible, even if he still tells me that I will be screaming for drugs before I'm 4cm)

What are your thoughts?
#2 of 5 Old 01-02-2006, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie_may12
Which due date should I go by? My dr. is still using March 21st which goes along with my LMP, but the first ultrasound I said put my due date at March 28th which I have been using because I think it is more accurate....don't ask me why...I just do. But if I go with the first one, I may end up being induced and I'm not sure I want that. (DH was so sweet to tell my dr. that I did not want pitocin at my last appt.--I love it, because he has been listening to me rant about going naturally as possible, even if he still tells me that I will be screaming for drugs before I'm 4cm)

What are your thoughts?

DEFINITELY GO BY the later date! If I went by my LMP and not the day I actually ovulated.. then the due date is like March 2nd or something... going by my ovulation puts the due date around March 14th. So unless you are certain you ovulated 14 days after the first day of your period, that due date by LMP can be quite inaccurate. (I ovulated on day 25 of the cycle i got preggers with this lil babe.)

Mum to DS (8yrs), DD (6yrs), and DS(3.5yrs). kid.gif

#3 of 5 Old 01-02-2006, 10:03 PM

Agreed. Go with the later date. Some doctors will recommend induction if you are even 1 week "late"!
#4 of 5 Old 01-02-2006, 10:10 PM

I'd go with the later date--especially since it's your first, you get the wiggle room of the extra week.
Just because 40wks is considered standard it doesn't mean that it is. I went 41w + a few days with my first, and another friend seems to have babies that aren't ready to come out until much closer to 42 weeks.

Plus for family and friends it's sort of nice to tell a later date. That way you don't get the stress of all of them calling you right before your due date going "anything yet?".
I told all of dh's family that we were due in April.
#5 of 5 Old 01-03-2006, 12:50 PM

I have a similar issue. I was originally told my due date was 3/14. After the baby measured small at the first ultrasound, they ordered a second ultrasound one month later to check on his size. After that, they pushed my due date way back to April 2nd. So, talk about a wide range of time!

My changed their trip to Florida, to come home early for my March 14th due date. My dad was bummed after they changed it to April...LOL.

Anyway, I am now consistently measuring at the April date (I have another ultrasound today,so we'll see if it says I'm 27 1/2 weeks or not). I'm glad to be waiting longer because then I will be less likely to have to be induced. I just don't want them pulling him out when he isn't ready.

I agree too, with what someone mentioned about the inlaws and relatives getting antsy if you go with the earlier date...

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page