Exercises/Nutrition - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-03-2006, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi All,

Since my pregnancy has started to become uninteresting (in a very, very good way), I've become much more focused on exercise and nutrition. What kind of stuff are you all you doing to stay fit or at least mobile?

I find if I don't do exercise, moving around becomes increasingly difficult. I've been walking, doing pelvic rocks and other home exercises. As for nutrition, I've been trying to eat healthy but can't say I'm perfect or getting enough protein.

Anybody have any good exercise routines, nutrition tips, etc?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 01-04-2006, 12:40 AM

Ive been having achy hips- which is ALWAYS worse when I havn't exercised. I'm trying to get on the elliptical trainer at the gym for 20-30 min 3x a week.. then, tonight I did pilates-style side lying leg raises (KWIM?) and when I got up- wow, it was like I had new muscles in my hips! I highly recommend this to anyone!!

As for healthy eating... Don't keep a box of Whitman's chocolates in your desk...it helps. haha!
Seriously though, lately I feel like I need to eat SOOO much to satiate my appetite. It's hard to be good sometimes!!

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

#3 of 6 Old 01-04-2006, 01:31 AM

Isn't it great to finally feel good? It's taken me till month 5 1/2 to have energy and to start working out again. I am swimming (i'm not a swimmer) but am loving it so far and i am doing pre-natal yoga...it feels so good to stretch!!!
good luck,
marcy
#4 of 6 Old 01-04-2006, 01:24 PM

I haven't been able to exercise as much as I want to (toddler in the house, 2 WOHPs, etc.), but when I have the chance, the thing that feels best to me is cross-country skiing. It's really easy on my joints, and I can take it as slow or fast as I want and still get a full-body workout. Now if we would just get some stable snow cover around here!

As for eating...I think I'm doing well on the contents of my meals, and I'm able to take my vitamins again now that the nausea's finally over. However, I must confess I have developed a serious ice cream and chocolate habit that I have no intention of breaking. :

Christine , wife of Ron , mama to Tony (4-25-03) and Maria (3-19-06) :
#5 of 6 Old 01-04-2006, 01:55 PM

Ohhh, the holidays were bad for my sugar intake. : Also moving and not having a fridge is not helping! I was desperately craving anything fresh last night after living on take-out for three days.

I am fairly active, painting (low VOCs) and walking lots, and haven't noticed any pain here. It's harder to get down on all fours and back up, though!
#6 of 6 Old 01-04-2006, 05:15 PM

I was in such great shape with DD#1. I was figure skating/training 3-5 days a week when I got pregnant and skated leisurely until I was 5 mos pregnant.

This time around.........nothing. Not in shape to start and haven't done anything for 7 mos now. Well, not nothing. I keep active, we go lots of places, I clean, I walk at the mall (does that count for something), but nothing formal. I intended to swim all through this pregnancy but once the MS hit, I didn't do that.

I have pubis symphasis pain and now lately low back pain if I sit too long. If I stand too long, then my legs ache and I get circulation issues from a vericose vein. I keep wondering if all this would be better if I found some time for alittle walking on our elliptical (yes, we have one and I still don't do it). However after running the vacuum, playing on the floor with a 3 year old (yes, it's hard to get up!), and doing laundry and dishes.....I ache so bad I can't imagine doing any exercise!

I really should do something these last 2 months.........

As for food. I try to be somewhat healthy, but I have hit the sugar pretty hard this time around.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page