New Bladder Sensation... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 01-05-2006, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, last night I'm lying reading my book (Memoirs of a Geisha...it's awesome). I feel Ben moving around pretty actively. All of a sudden, he stomps on my bladder! Wowweeeee!!! Had to go instantly. He did it again this evening. Dh was sitting near me...all of a sudden I started to cry, which made me laugh as I'm crying out "it's not nice to make someone have to pee like that". Dh must have thought I was losing my mind.

Any one else experienced the bladder stomp?

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
#2 of 19 Old 01-06-2006, 12:28 AM

No bladder stomps, but I get the hand grab and the finger wiggle. It is the wierdest thing I've ever felt.
#3 of 19 Old 01-06-2006, 01:09 AM

I get the bladder headbutt. Not nearly as often as the ribcage kick or the objection to eating. (Kiicking my stomach as I'm eating) These are some fun sensations.

My baby is posterior right now so we've been able to grab little arms and legs this time.
#4 of 19 Old 01-06-2006, 01:57 AM

Oh, yeah. I'm getting the almost-make-Mommy-pee-her-pants stomp as well as the lovely cervix stomp/poke. THAT one was really getting me today. Yeouch!

Glad I'm not the only one who's baby is doing the Riverdance in her belly.

Jill
#5 of 19 Old 01-06-2006, 02:42 AM

I get that too! I love when all of a sudden I am DYING to pee, but it takes me about 5 minutes to get out of bed!!
Lately, I've been getting what feels like punches down below and kicks in the ribs at the same time. It's two sensations in one!!

Wendi

Mom to my little super hero superhero.gif (02/06) and our super hero-in-training femalesling.GIF (11/11).

#6 of 19 Old 01-06-2006, 04:54 AM

I've had several episodes of bladder-punching (especially fun when you are in the middle of doing a massage and have to excuse yourself to RUN to the bathroom!), as well as several cervix-punches (YIKES! That's a fun one!).

A new one for me came tonight, after we had absolutely GORGED ourselves on Chinese take-out. I was sitting on the couch about 45 minutes after dinner when baby suddenly started kicking me right in the stomach . . . five minutes later I was racing to the bathroom. It was like morning sickness all over again!
#7 of 19 Old 01-06-2006, 11:21 AM

I've got a bladder stomper, too! I carry REALLY low, so my baby is always pressing on my bladder and has easy access no matter what position she's in. I'm the peeing queen around here. My coworkers have practically roped off a stall just for me.

Christine , wife of Ron , mama to Tony (4-25-03) and Maria (3-19-06) :
#8 of 19 Old 01-06-2006, 11:54 AM

Every time I stand up, I can feel her settling onto my bladder and I have the "must go now!" feeling. But with a history of bladder infections, I'm used to it!

I can feel more subtle movements now, but I still have no idea what they are.

I can also feel her head! Or maybe it's her butt. A big flat surface.
#9 of 19 Old 01-06-2006, 01:29 PM

Oh funny! Same thing happening here. Had to chase DH out of the shower earlier this week so I could use our one bathroom. (He was raised in the type of family where it isn't enough to have the shower curtain between you. ) But when that baby kicks, it becomes urgent in a hurry!

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
#10 of 19 Old 01-06-2006, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tine
My coworkers have practically roped off a stall just for me.
:

My babe likes to vary it day by day...most days he's head down, so I get the "over the head" punch into my bladder at least once a day. It's funny to be sitting on the toilet five minutes after going the last time...a few days ago I was in the bathroom three times within 20 minutes. I also get the cervix pinch (WHAT are babies doing when that happens??), but my personal favorite is what a previous poster mentioned...the full-out body stretch where his head goes into my bladder and his feet stretch out into my ribs. That'll make you jump out of the recliner!

nubianamy~ I told my OB the baby had switched positions for the day (he does that...for 4-5 days he's head down, then he flips and spends one day head-up)...he felt around my tummy, and he said "there's something hard up here [by my ribs] and something hard down here [by my pubic bone]...you know, to be honest, at this stage butts and heads feel pretty much the same! In a few weeks he'll have a pudgy butt and we'll be able to tell." I had to laugh. At this stage butts and heads feel pretty much the same....

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#11 of 19 Old 01-06-2006, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappiLeigh
Oh funny! Same thing happening here. Had to chase DH out of the shower earlier this week so I could use our one bathroom. (He was raised in the type of family where it isn't enough to have the shower curtain between you. ) But when that baby kicks, it becomes urgent in a hurry!
(*chuckle*) I am thankful that DH doesn't have any problem with sharing the bathroom, as we ALSO have only one in our house. The only problems came during the first 20 weeks when I was sick all the time--if I didn't beat him to the bathroom in the morning, I ended up having to go out into the backyard to get sick! :

The other day I was heading for the bathroom ahead of him, and he asked "do you have to pee?" I told him "hon, if you see me heading to the bathroom, it's pretty much a sure thing."
#12 of 19 Old 01-06-2006, 04:09 PM

I've got the tag team bladder stomp AND bladder block. Not fun and not fair to be ganging up so early!

Paula
#13 of 19 Old 01-06-2006, 04:20 PM

HEHEH, I hear ya.. I have to hold UP the belly to actually pee everything out (thank goodness for squatting, eh?!) otherwise just a tiny bit releases and there's lots more left to go.

Aaaah, the joys

Mum to DS (8yrs), DD (6yrs), and DS(3.5yrs). kid.gif

#14 of 19 Old 01-06-2006, 04:25 PM

Just dropping by from April as I saw your subject line and laughed -- it was happening so often last week I thought I was getting an UTI. Test came back negative though and my m/w said it was just my poor bladder's irritated from baby using it as a trampoline.

But YOWIE! I keep singing that gotta go commercial song when she does it.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#15 of 19 Old 01-07-2006, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

The other good one I get, is what feels like him digging his fingernails into the side of my uterus, or my cervix. Also, he digs into the junction of my leg and pelvis and must just grind his knuckle in there or something. People think I'm crazy because all of a sudden I let out a "yow!".

Funny...

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
#16 of 19 Old 01-07-2006, 02:01 PM

Elisabeth, thanks for letting me know about the heads and butts! I figure I'll be able to figure it out as time passes. My friend was planning a home birth but discovered her baby was breech at 37 weeks and just couldn't get him to turn -- so a c-sec for her! So perhaps I am hypersensitive to that.
#17 of 19 Old 01-07-2006, 07:12 PM

I get the cervical headbutt & that HURTS! I also get something - knee? foot? poking out of the right side of my abdomen. I don't get the rib abuse, I'm 5'9", so maybe my length allows me that luxury

This baby is SOOOOO low, his head is right there with my pubic bone - I had Dp feel it the other night & then our Dd's wanted to feel it & it was kind of funny because it's so low, it's in my pubes!

This is my thrid & I still can't figure out all of the "parts," I know I feel head, but everything else is unsure.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#18 of 19 Old 01-09-2006, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metasequoia
I still can't figure out all of the "parts"....
Me neither. I feel like such a dolt. I'm SO into getting baby into a good position (would very much like to avoid 16 hrs. of back labor this time), but I can't tell head from butt no matter how I try. (Nice to know, RedOakMomma, that they're indistinguishable at this point. ) Or leg kicks from arm punches. They all feel the same to me.

The only thing I can tell is whether babe is anterior or posterior. When she's anterior, I feel all her kicks/pokes internally. When she's posterior, I get the "alien belly" thing out front.

Christine , wife of Ron , mama to Tony (4-25-03) and Maria (3-19-06) :
#19 of 19 Old 01-09-2006, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birth Junky
The other day I was heading for the bathroom ahead of him, and he asked "do you have to pee?" I told him "hon, if you see me heading to the bathroom, it's pretty much a sure thing."

I've had that exact conversation in my house too!

I haven't gotten the stomp since the little fishy swam head down. What I get now is the head smoosh...like someone is running thier hand or head along my bladder...same effect tho!

I've also had the little fishy hit a nerve, where it feels like someone is pinching me externally. Now that's just wrong.

~Angela

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page