I'm so excited! 32 weeks! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 01-06-2006, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Totally random post, I know, but I just had to share....today marks the end of 32 weeks!!!! Waaaa-hooooo!

My best friend is a NICU nurse, and she told me weeks ago that 32 weeks is a real goal for preemies...not that I'm planning on having a preemie, but still-- the fact that 32 weeks are done and over, and that my baby is doing well...I'm on cloud nine today.

Tomorrow I start work on week 33, and really, when you look at it, 33 is SOOOO close to 35, 37, and term! This baby is just around the corner!

Wishing you all speedy, happy, healthy weeks until all our babies are ready to be born,

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#2 of 13 Old 01-06-2006, 03:58 PM

Congrats, RedOakMomma! Must be a big relief!

I've still got a way to go before I hit 32 weeks (only marking 29 weeks on Monday!), but I am very excited. It was a great moment to hit "viability", and I can't believe that the big day is getting so close!
#3 of 13 Old 01-06-2006, 05:34 PM

: : : :

I'm up for a little celebrating! Congrats to the first-of-the-monthers who have reached 32 weeks!
I'm in the same week as Birth Junky, but I'm also celebrating because I had my last ultrasound/cervix check today. Had to have them every 2-3 weeks since week 14 because of surgery on my cervix 8 years go. Even though I really enjoyed seeing the baby so much, I would never have elected to subject her to so much ultrasound, and of course getting vaginal ultrasounds so often has been no fun at all! But my cervix looks great and I'm free and clear to have a laid back rest of pregnancy with no more scheduled interventions!

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
#4 of 13 Old 01-06-2006, 06:05 PM

I just hit 31 weeks - very exciting although its hard to believe that this baby could be here so soon!! Hard to believe I was so excited about 20 weeks, but after reaching that milestone, time just flew by.

I can't wait to see start seeing the birth announcements!
#5 of 13 Old 01-06-2006, 07:51 PM

I'm due March 2, and I'm 32 weeks... so does that mean I'm starting on the 33rd week? This baby should be here somewhere between 6 and 10 weeks from now. When put that way, it seems like that's no time at all!

Melissa crochetsmilie.gif, wife to Tom geek.gif, mom to The Baron modifiedartist.gif, the Bean superhero.gif, Little Bear diaper.gif, and Baby Beaver babyboy.gif
#6 of 13 Old 01-07-2006, 12:27 AM
Banned

32 weeks, wow! Isn't time just flying by? I can't believe I'm already 28 weeks (due on the last day of March). It seems like this pregnancy has just passed me by.
#7 of 13 Old 01-10-2006, 05:40 PM

Hey, I'm right there with you!! I'm getting excited, also. I had complete previa earlier in the pregnancy, and had another sono done, the placenta is very high, not even close to the danger zone. Baby is already heads down and each time I get checked by midwife, he's still that way. I've been having BH's and drinking my red raspberry leaf tea three times a day. We're getting ready!!
#8 of 13 Old 01-10-2006, 11:42 PM

I'm due date buddies with Birth Junky- so I'm in week 29 too, still have a little ways to go till 32 weeks here... Seems like its just around the corner!!!

Congrats on the milestone!

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

#9 of 13 Old 01-11-2006, 01:02 AM

32 weeks weeeee!!!
I am with ya!
Still 8 weeks seems like a long way away. I have a home visit with MW in a couple of weeks so I know things are coming around soon. I just feel so big already. Part of that may be that DD is frank breech right now and her head feels like its above my ribs.
#10 of 13 Old 01-11-2006, 06:33 AM

I'm 31 weeks, but I was thrilled with passing the 29 week mark due to my son due being born at 29 weeks last time. So I've iradicated my 29 week demons. I'll breathe the second sigh of relief after 34 weeks which is when most preemies can really start being put to the breast successfully.

Olivia
#11 of 13 Old 01-11-2006, 09:07 AM

Coming to the end of week 31 here! You are one week ahead of me, Elisabeth.

I'm trying hard not to think of this as "near the end," because I know that will make the last weeks interminable!!
#12 of 13 Old 01-11-2006, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

etoilech~ Congratulations! That must have been a HUGE milestone to pass, emotionally and psychologically. Wishing you a 40-weeker this time!

nubianamy~ No matter how close I think I am to the end, time CAN'T slow down. I'm chasing after 3-year old twins all day, and nesting like a maniac all evening...time is flying by!

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#13 of 13 Old 01-11-2006, 04:36 PM

I'll be 29 weeks tomorrow, and this pregnancy is FLYING! I can't believe how short of time we have left!

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page