I Finally Called.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-06-2006, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
....and made an appt to switch to the midwife at the birthing center!!

This whole pregnancy has been one big question mark since I knew we were moving to D.C. I couldn't decide whether to stay and stick it out alone and have the baby at the community hospital (since my husband already moved) or to just give notice at work and go. Plus, not actually having a place to live there yet made it more complicated.

So, as of yet, haven't given notice and still nowhere to live, but I made 2 appts to start going to the birth center! I hope I like it! Its about 4 hours from here, so I'm already getting all nervous about driving there. I wish I had someone to go with, but I just don't. But I'm sure it will be worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 01-06-2006, 06:25 PM

Good for you!!! Does that mean you are going to quit and move with hubby, or is this 4 hours from your current place, and is just the nearest birthing center? Hope all goes well, and glad you feel good about it!

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
#3 of 4 Old 01-06-2006, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

I think I'm going to quit. Which is so horrible to even think about, because I spent 9 years going to school to do this, and I have a good job from a benefits point of view although I don't totally love it. Not having enough money is one of my big life fears, so quitting, moving to a place where RENT is quadruple my mortgage, and living on one salary just about gives me hives.
But people do it right??

#4 of 4 Old 01-06-2006, 10:36 PM

Yeah, people do it. I'm doing it Once you get to spend time with your little baby, you'll figure out ways to make it work. You find ways to save money and new ways to make a little bit, as well (working from home, part-time work, etc). Something always seems to come up for me to make things work (ok, just barely most of the time, but it's still worth it). Anyway, congrats on your decision!! I hope the birth center works out well for you and I'm sure you'll be happier being with your dh.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page