My babies are here!- Update in post #31 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 44 Old 01-27-2006, 01:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow! Thanks for all of the good wishes and support!

I thought I should let all of you know what's going on here. My babies are nearly four weeks old, which is hard for me to believe. They are still in NICU, but they are sharing an open-air crib, which is really cute! I love to see them snuggle together . The staff is trying to wean them off of their oxygen, but the babies haven't been too cooperative about that. They are no longer receiving breathing treatments, and just have nasal cannulas in to help them breathe, which isn't too bad. They started breastfeeding last week, and have done really well with that, considering their age. I was told that they may not pick it up for awhile, but with some help from nurses and lactation educators, they took to it. I even tried tandem nursing for the first time last week. I am breastfeeding them three times a day right now, and loving it. And the babies are, too . They weigh almost five pounds each now. All the nurses say that they look more like full-term babies now.

A physician's assistant last week raved about how great the girls are doing, and told me that I couldn't ask for two better babies, as far as their health goes. I have been told that when they are weaned off of the oxygen, and are getting full feedings that they will be able to go home. I am hoping that won't be much longer.

I am recovering from my c-section so well that I forget that I just had major surgery! I am dying to work out, and start doing yoga again : .

I guess that's about it for us. My girls have been doing wonderfully this whole time. We are really lucky.
#32 of 44 Old 01-27-2006, 09:04 AM

Thanks for the update! Sounds like you're all doing great. How are their personalities turning out? Are they living up to their names?

That's GREAT news that breastfeeding is going well.
#33 of 44 Old 01-27-2006, 11:34 AM

Great to hear from you, and with such a good report, too! I was just wondering aloud about you yesterday afternoon. I'm so glad you popped in to let us know all is well.

Christine , wife of Ron , mama to Tony (4-25-03) and Maria (3-19-06) :
#34 of 44 Old 01-27-2006, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepenthesea
A physician's assistant last week raved about how great the girls are doing, and told me that I couldn't ask for two better babies, as far as their health goes.
You must be thrilled! Recovering from a c-section and being an NICU mommy must be tough, but your girls are THRIVING!!! I'm so glad things are going well for you. And Awwwwww!....the idea of them snuggling is just the sweetest!

Update us whenever you can!

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#35 of 44 Old 01-27-2006, 02:51 PM

Thank you for the update! It sounds like they are doing great!!
#36 of 44 Old 01-27-2006, 03:22 PM

It sounds like you all are doing SO well! That's wonderful news. They are breastfeeding & gaining weight! And from the sounds of it you'll all be home together pretty soon. Great job, mama!
#37 of 44 Old 01-28-2006, 05:14 PM

Congratulations! When do we get to see pictures of your little sweeties???
#38 of 44 Old 01-28-2006, 11:26 PM

Wow!!!

How could I have missed this post? ! LOTS of hugs and congratulations!!! I for one can relate to the little steps babies take in the NICU and I think it's a miracle that your babies have made it to cannulas so quickly...they will be home in NO TIME!!!!!

You've done a FANTASTIC job...go easy on yourself...c-sections really are MAJOR (ouch!!!!!!!!!!) surgery!

Please keep us updated!!

Anne

mum to 3, 8 yo dd: 6yo ds and 4yo dd
#39 of 44 Old 01-30-2006, 10:53 PM

Just chiming in to say congrats on the wonderful progress, and I can't wait to see some pictures when you have the time to post them!
#40 of 44 Old 01-30-2006, 11:27 PM

Congrats - AWESOME update!!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#41 of 44 Old 01-30-2006, 11:50 PM

Thanks for the update! I'm soo happy for you, it sounds like they could be home very soon (Wow!).
#42 of 44 Old 01-31-2006, 04:02 PM

I'm so glad to hear how well they are doing! They sound like really strong babies - just like their mama. I am so impressed with your composure through all this. You are amazing.

I have the diapers I promised you all boxed up. I will get some postage on it today and have it in the mail by tomorrow. Sorry it took me so long!

Best wishes to you and your babies!
#43 of 44 Old 01-31-2006, 06:42 PM

Thanks for updating us, I've been thinking about your little ones. I'm glad to hear that things are going so well!

And you know we will be wanting to see updated photos, too!
#44 of 44 Old 02-02-2006, 12:19 PM

Congratulations! I'm so glad they're doing so well!

Melissa crochetsmilie.gif, wife to Tom geek.gif, mom to The Baron modifiedartist.gif, the Bean superhero.gif, Little Bear diaper.gif, and Baby Beaver babyboy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page