They Left ME - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-09-2006, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DH and DS went to Vegas for 5 days to visit family. I am all alone for 5 days. I hope I don't go crazy. At least I am working and they can call me everyday.
#2 of 5 Old 01-09-2006, 05:07 PM

Enjoy the peace, mama! This is your last chance for a while.
Bubble baths, food your family doesn't like, pamper yourself!

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
#3 of 5 Old 01-09-2006, 06:27 PM

(*HUGS*)

I will be in the same boat later this month--DH is going to Vegas with some friends of ours for a "guys' trip", and will be gone for 5 days. He's even going to miss a childbirth preparation class . . .

He's so darned excited about this trip, though (neither of us has ever been to Vegas, and he's never gone on a trip with "just the guys"), that I can't be bummed about it.

Well . . . not TOO bummed, anyway . . .

I like HappiLeigh's suggestions, though. I am going to stock up on my favorite foods, pick up some DVDs than DH wouldn't watch in a million years, and maybe invite a girlfriend or two over one night. Hopefully by the time he gets back, we will BOTH be refreshed and recharged for the "home stretch" before the birth!
#4 of 5 Old 01-10-2006, 11:33 AM

I came down to Naples Florida for a week. Dh had to stay home to work and take care of the dogs. He is so bummed out... I'm having a great time, and realize this is probably the last time, for a long time, that I'll be traveling alone.

Enjoy the solitude while you have it!!!!

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
#5 of 5 Old 01-10-2006, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I spent my first night alone in a very long time. I was pretty lonely in the house. I am working all week so I think I'll keep things productive; Do the cleaning I can never get to because playing with DS is much more fun or just needs my attention. Maybe I'll watch a movie Friday night but I just can't think of any movies to watch since I hardly ever get to watch them. I usually rely on DH to tell me whats up with movies. I am so out of the movie loop because we record all the TV shows and I don't commerials or if I do I forget about it because I know I don't have time to watch them. I know two movies I want to see but DH wants to see them too. No girly movies.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page