Birth Predictions... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-10-2006, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So what do you predict with your upcoming birth? Length, type, etc?
Let's check back after the babes come to update!

So I predict my labor will begin at 5pm and will last a total of 2 hrs from beginning to end. DH will not make it home in time and my little ones will be running circles around me as I labor. Thinking March 14th (full moon). Baby will be born in my bed and will be another girl.

Will post after the birth to compare!

How about you?

Mama to 5 babies. UCer, too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2006, 03:42 PM

This should be good for some laughs.

I predict this babe will come early-ish. DS came at 38 wks., and he was my first. Also, I'm carrying her VERY low. She's not gonna have far to travel. So even though my EDD is 3-28, I'm prepared for a St. Patrick's Day daughter.

Let's see...what else? I predict that this labor will go faster, too, b/c I'm DETERMINED to get this baby anterior before labor starts and avoid the excruciating back labor.

I think babe will be born in my bedroom, or possibly in the kitchen or bathroom. I'm guessing it won't happen in bed b/c I really don't want to be lying down this time.

Christine , wife of Ron , mama to Tony (4-25-03) and Maria (3-19-06) :
Old 01-10-2006, 04:37 PM

I predict I'll give birth on March 10th. Labor will start around 11pmish on the 9th, and the babe will be here by 1 am. Total length of labor no more than 1 hour. I STILL have this gut feeling it's a girl, even though ultrasounds have said it's most likely a boy, and s/he will weigh at least 9 pounds. I will also be shocked if the midwife makes it in time- I think either I'll be going solo, or DH will catch the babe.

***Well, I was WAY off, LOL. I gave birth on Feb 18 at 7:13 pm to an 8 lb, 3 oz baby boy. Midwife was here in planety of time- we actually had to naturally induce as my water broke before labor started- it was my longest labor- 8 1/2 hours.***
Old 01-10-2006, 05:07 PM

I'm due on March 3rd, but I think this little guy is going to wait until March 4th or March 7th. I'll go into labor with my water breaking, and dh will probably be at work. Won't labor at home long, because labor will go fast. Will end up having a natural birth at the hospital, labor will be 4-6 hours, pushing will be less than an hour, and the baby will have darkish hair this time. I'm guessing he's going to be 8.5 pounds or so, with very chubby cutes.

Whoa! Not bad....

Baby was early (Feb 23rd), and dh was not at work, but labor did start with my water breaking, most of my labor went VERY fast, I did have a natural birth at a hospital, I did push less than an hour, Noah DOES have dark hair, and he was EXACTLY 8.5 pounds. And, of course, he has loads of "chubby cutes"

I love that he has the dark hair I imagined. Both of my boys were bald blondies, so it was strange to imagine a baby with dark hair. I just _knew_ it, though. It's like I knew him before he was born.

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
Old 01-10-2006, 05:13 PM

Ooo... fun post!

I think my baby will be "late" and since her due date is 3/30, I think she'll be born 4/7 since my daughter was born 8 days "late". I'm expecting the labor to be between 12 to 14 hours. Since my previous labor was 28 hours, I'm cutting that number in half. I think I'll give birth either squatting or in a modified squat. I will make it to the hospital to deliver rather than the ferry like my family and friends think. And, I think my baby will be 100% healthy. And, I think my husband will do fabulously supporting me even though he's worried about it.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:08 PM

Oh my, no intuition just a complete guess.

Let's say March 11 because the 12th is my dad's birthday--and it'll be close, but not there. Or the 27th because that is our anniversary. I'm due April 5th, but with twins it's anyone's guess. Labor will start middle of the night--around 2:30 AM because that's always when I get up to pee. It will last, this is a toughie, around 17 hours. The last one was 20 plus, divide in half, then multiply by 1.5 (for the two babies). My midwife will help get me through the first babe just fine--second one is all guesses. C'section, I have a bad feeling.

I hope I'm wrong on everything but the day. The 12th just sound pleasant, no? Actually, the only thing I hope for is no NICU time. At all.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:19 PM

I don't know why, but I'm kind of thinking this little one might be a little early. Feb. 22 comes to mind, which is 1 week before my due date. Ds was 2 weeks late, but I believe my edd was wrong, and he was really on time. I think it'll be a girl with dark, curly hair like I had when I was born. The birth will be quick, but not too quick (Ds was only 6 hours). Everyone will have time to get here, including the mw, and we'll be able to get the pool set up. The baby will be born in the afternoon or evening.

Although, this may be less intuition than wishful thinking.

Melissa crochetsmilie.gif, wife to Tom geek.gif, mom to The Baron modifiedartist.gif, the Bean superhero.gif, Little Bear diaper.gif, and Baby Beaver babyboy.gif
Old 01-10-2006, 07:21 PM

I really think this one is going to come early. I have a lot of BH's, he's low and heads down, facing my back, and my colostrum is starting to get that white "swirl" you get closer to due date. BUT, I'd like to wait until at least the end of Feb!! My youngest son's b-day is Feb. 25th, and I'm thining they are going to be very close! Let's see, first birth was about nine hours from water breaking to delivery, second was induced two weeks early, and was exactly twelve hours from starting pitocin to delivery, so I'm a quick laborer. I'm going to go ahead and say 7 to 9 hours long. I will have him natural, in the hospital, and just barely make it to the hospital before he's born. I see an wonderful birth ahead! Can't wait to update
Old 01-10-2006, 07:54 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Heh, heh, heh, this is fun! I hope I don't jinx myself! Lemme see.....births are super quick, 1st was 3.5 hrs & 2nd was 1 hr, both times labor started between 2am & 4am with no warning, so I think I'll say that babe will be born at home, unassisted, in the bathroom, either in the tub or on the pot! I'm thinking he'll be in the upper 7 lbs - maybe just over 8 lbs with lots of dark hair & how's this for a finale........he'll pee all over all of us asap!!!

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
Old 01-10-2006, 07:57 PM

Ooh, fun! Since this is my first, I don't have anything to go by!

I think baby will be born on March 14... not before then! If not the 14th, then the 21st (I'm thinkin' Tuesday, for some reason). EDD is March 8, and we move into our new home by March 12. I expect that I will either be out on a walk, or unpacking boxes in the kitchen when labor starts. I think it will be a boy (but that changes every week or so!) and he will be born in the water.

I'm thinking 9 lbs 4 oz, have no clue about length, except the legs are feeling long! My midwife will be there just in time, after I have walked and labored only with my husband and mom for several hours. Despite the chaos of just having moved, it will be a smooth birth, very empowering! I think the pushing part will go quickly, and baby will be born with a full head of hair, and my husbands butt-chin (I hope!).
Old 01-11-2006, 01:20 AM
Kam

Hmmm, some intuition, here, some guessing, and lots of wishful thinking!

I predict a relatively quick labor--maybe 5 hours (first was 6.5) beginning in the evening. We'll get to the hospital in good time, and I'll give birth squatting/sitting in the birth bed after lots of time in the water. I'm guessing a boy, dark hair, around 8 pounds. Birth day: 3/21/06 (spring equinox has got to be one of the best days to be born!)
Old 01-11-2006, 01:53 AM

Yea!!! This will be fun.
Mostly wishful thinking at this point.
Baby will be born on the 8th. DH thinks I'll go late based on the date of conception.
She will be 6 lb 10 oz and 18 in.
I will labor for 10 hours total.
I will have an uneventful birth at home at night.
Actual Events:
Born on 14th
7 lb 12 oz and 21 in
Active labor was only 4 hours but total labor was 28 hours
and it was uneventful at home
Old 01-11-2006, 04:47 AM

I am not having a lot of intuition on this part of the pregnancy thing, LOL. My due date could really be anywhere between the middle of Feb. and the first week of March, and I just don't know what to think. I was induced with my son so I have nothing to go on! I am thinking end of Feb. or maybe first of March...

OK, for the sake of just throwing something out there, I am going to say: this baby will be born on February 14th, which is my birthday and the day after the full moon on the 13th. I think she will be at least 8 pounds, maybe closer to 9, and have red hair like me! An uneventful birth at home, in the water (wherever we decide to put the tub, lol) after a labor of 6-8 hours.

Really, the only thing I have any feeling about is that she will be big. 8-9 pounds. Everything else is just wishful thinking and (somewhat) educated guessing!

ETA: OK, I was way off! Well, I said I didn't have much intuition about the birth. Eve was born on her EDD of March 4th. She was born at home in the water, completely peaceful and perfect, and my labor was 7 hours from first pain to baby in arms. Her hair is dark blonde though, and she was only 7-10, much smaller than I was expecting.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:49 AM

I think I am going to go into labor early in the morning April 1st. He'll probably be born before noon after a 4-6 hour hard & fast labor. Dark hair & eyes. 8lbs 5oz.

All guessing.... I just hope he has a small head

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!
Old 01-11-2006, 09:05 AM

I've been thinking 8.5 lbsish.. and long, like 54-56 cm. No thoughts on how long labor is or when. She'll come when she is ready and it will take exactly as long as it needs. I DO think DH probably won't be here (at work) or will be asleep.

Getting MORE excited!

8.5 lbs or around 3.86 kg
21.25 in - 22.04 in or around 54-56 cm

Mum to DS (8yrs), DD (6yrs), and DS(3.5yrs). kid.gif

Old 01-11-2006, 10:05 AM

Well, never having done this before, it's a totally wild guess.

EDD 3/9, so I think lentil will be born on 3/16, after a 10 hour labor at home. Maybe in the tub, more likely on the bed downstairs. We're all big people, so I'll say over 8 lbs with a little wisp of blonde-red hair.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:40 AM

March 2nd, c-section. 9lb,12oz, 22 inches long, 9:05am birth. He'll have black hair. Those are my guesses, anyhow!
Old 01-17-2006, 05:44 PM

Ok, here's what my intuition/hopes tell me....

I think I'll go into labor in the early afternoon, I think maybe the 10th. (I'm due on the 15th - went into labor with dd a day before my due date and gave birth 42 hours later, I'm just praying that this baby keeps his/her hands where they belong.) I'll keep on hanging out with dd as usual, spending some time in the fishy pool and walking through the woods. We'll have a big snowstorm with howling winds and the house will be shaking, and I will feel safe and glad to be just with dd, who probably won't give a clam that I'm groaning and carrying on. Bonus points for losing electricity. Dh will come home from work sometimes during transition and will immediately call the midwife, but she won't make it in time, and I'll end up pushing the baby into dh/dd's arms by candlelight sometime around 1am. It'll be a boy with black hair and eyes like dh, 8lbs.

Ok, that's definitely more hope than intuition
Old 01-17-2006, 06:53 PM

This will be a total wild guess too since this is my first too... but judging by my own mom's experience and my own wishful thinking....

Labor will be semi-short, intense, mostly at home and full of me whining and dh reassuring me and basically telling me to not wimp out (haha! long history of whining and trying to wimp out -even though I can physically do whatever it is when things get hard- at least mountain biking haha!). I will drink my raspberry leaf tea on the way to the hospital and it will do its job and I will have the baby mid-day on either March 23 or if she is really like me, 16th - I am due on the 28th, but I was early, as was my brother by about two weeks. Baby will be about 6lbs, give or take a little- no idea how long, but will have the tiniest fuzz of brown hair and will surprise us with a non-brown eye color (dh and I both have dark brown hehe).

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

Old 01-17-2006, 07:08 PM

Okay - baby will be born March 31st, in the water in my living room. This next part is wishful thinking - she'll be 8lbs and she won't have shoulder dystocia so I will actually feel her slide out of my body like I wish my other babies had.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:21 PM

This kid is going to be huge. I'm certain of it, only because I was born at near toddler size and most babies in my family are xl! Also, why else would I have the wide childbearing hips I do?! 8 lbs would be a tiny baby for me. I also think that the baby will have plenty of dark hair (like me) and dark eyes (like both DH and me).

Through the power of positive visualization, I predict: a daytime labor spent at home through which I attempt to clean the house yet one more time (my mom refused to go to the hospital when laboring with me so that she could vacuum one more time -- this might be the one time we are similar!) It could take a good portion of the day, but we will get to the hospital in the late afternoon. Baby Sprout will be here by 7 PM or so.

Also, our edd is 3/19, but I suspect it might be a little closer to that month's full moon, maybe 3/15.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter

well, I think I'm gonna change my date to some time in Feb- I am contracting as I type and I think I miscalculated my edd.
Still, dh won't make it in time- and baby will land softly on our new white comforter.

WHY did I buy WHITE??????

Old 03-03-2006, 10:44 PM

bump

Should we make this a sticky so it's easier to find?

Anyone else want to add in last-minute predicitons?? It's fun!

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
Old 03-04-2006, 12:06 AM

I didn't put in my prediction yet.

I predict a small boy, maybe a shade under 7 lbs, or about 7 lbs, with a lot of dark hair (I'm thinking Don King here, knowing my husband), and I think he's going to be about a week after my EDD. I think he's going to be quiet and mellow and cuddly.

Strangely, my in-laws have zero pictures of my baby husband so I have nothing to go on. The earliest one they could dig up he looks to be about 5 or 6. How weird is that?
Old 03-04-2006, 12:29 AM

I think that I will have a girl with dark hair. (I had a dream) She'll weigh about 9 lbs, 21 inches? I'm guessing that labor will be 12-20 hrs long based on being in labor 14 and a half with my son using pitocin. And I think she'll be here in a week- so maybe March 9. My EDD is th 17th.

Yea! She's a girl. She was 8lbs, 21 inches. Labor was 15 hrs if you count from the time my water broke and she came on March 8. I was off on the hair. She has blonde hair like me, but my gut says it'll darken up.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:28 AM

Intuition and wishful thinking here....

I will go into labor in the evening around 5ish and will stay at home to finish up last minute details and get DD to bed. After a few hours of labor at home we will go to the hospital where I will labor in the tub and then give birth squatting out of the tub. Labor will be 10 hours with 1 hour of pushing.

Baby girl will be 7lbs 1oz and 19 inches long. She will have a full head of dark hair that will stay dark and look more like me than her dad. She will be a calm, quiet, snuggly babe with big eyes.

Birthday....this is where it gets tricky. I had said from the beginning that she would be born on April 3rd. But now I am getting a feeling that it may be closer to the full moon on March 14th. *sigh* So I just don't know. I am fairly confident that this baby is an Aries, so that means for sure after the 21st. lol Can you tell I am conflicted? Her edd is the 30th of March and this is my second baby, first was born 2 days after her due date....
Old 03-04-2006, 03:44 AM

Alright here goes....

I am due March 25th, but I am guessing thats its going to be the 18th /19th...boy...9lbs 5 ounces...early morning...like 4amish...and at home with my hubby around me.

Phoenix

nope...born the 14th..in hospital...c-section at 12:20, and he was 7lbs 9 ounces...but it was a boy!
Old 03-10-2006, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mamas- y'all been birthin- lets see if your predictions were right!!!
please post!

Old 03-17-2006, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metasequoia
Heh, heh, heh, this is fun! I hope I don't jinx myself! Lemme see.....births are super quick, 1st was 3.5 hrs & 2nd was 1 hr, both times labor started between 2am & 4am with no warning, so I think I'll say that babe will be born at home, unassisted, in the bathroom, either in the tub or on the pot! I'm thinking he'll be in the upper 7 lbs - maybe just over 8 lbs with lots of dark hair & how's this for a finale........he'll pee all over all of us asap!!!
LOL!!! Not bad, Babe woke me up just like my Dd's, labor was 2 hrs, fast, but not as fast as I expected, he weighed a bit over 8 lbs (8lbs 4.5 oz) he has lots of dark hair AND he DID pee all over me as soon as he came out!

How I wish he was born at home though....

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
Old 03-17-2006, 03:55 PM

Adding to my previous prediction... I think it will be the 21st at 10:40 am. Labor will start at 4am and go pretty quickly... As long as it isn't today!!! I do feel that it will start soon. Baby is so low and I am getting nesting feelings and impending labor feelings. hehe

User Tag List