NOT Hungry? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-10-2006, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Anyone else *not* hungry? I think I was pretty hungry the other week because I posted something about a growth phase, but as of this past week or so, I'm just not hungry. I eat breakfast, then I have something light like a bowl of yogurt & an apple & then I don't eat until dinner, it's like I'm not even pg! I'm 31.5 wks. I know I'm getting hungry when I get grumpy or start to feel physically crappy - like light headed or weak, which isn't often, so then I eat. I also lost 2 lbs, but I have had a cold for literally 2 months, the 1st half, the coughing part, was pretty bad. Thoughts?

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#2 of 7 Old 01-10-2006, 11:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've actually been not hungry most of this pg. With my last pgs I didn't get to the "not hungry" place until closer to 32 weeks--although I guess I'm about 30 so I'm not that far off.
I am definitely there now though. If I don't get all my eating in before 4 or 5pm I really have a hard time getting anything in.

I have a very clear memory of getting towards the end of each pg and just standing and eating hard boiled eggs to slam some protein.

I look at everything I eat now and evaluate it based on how much protein it's got, and how much stomach space I think I have---like at this point anything I eat must be nutrient dense--or I really just don't want it.

You also have to keep an eye on the clock and just constantly eat. Even if you're not hungry, so you don't get those dips and get weak.
#3 of 7 Old 01-11-2006, 12:56 AM

I think I just finished the not hungry phase. I am back on a hungry phase. I keep eating too much and it gives me BH contractions. I am trying to snack but I get busy at work.
#4 of 7 Old 01-11-2006, 09:15 AM

Zoe, I just finished a hungry phase and now I'm in the not-hungry! I'm still trying to eat, but it's so easy to go the whole day with no food and then stuff myself at night. I have a great appetite in the morning, though, which has never changed.
#5 of 7 Old 01-11-2006, 10:59 AM

I went through a hungry phase too, and now its dropped off....hardly feel like eating at all. Weight gain seems to have leveled off as well. I think there's just less room in there in general, at least in my case. When I feel hungry its the same thing...not my tummy, but the rest of me feels cranky and tired.
#6 of 7 Old 01-11-2006, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Melamama! We both had our first Dd's on the same day!! 2/3/00 Actually, all of our children are spaced about the same....my Dd2 was also born in '03, 1/13 to be exact & here we are having our third Dc's in early March

Thanks for making me feel "normal" mama's, I don't remember having this lull in appetite with my other pg's, I ate like a horse right up until the end.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#7 of 7 Old 01-11-2006, 11:43 AM

i am pretty much not hungry all day, but then at dinner i am starved andcould eat 3 plates of food! I have not had this with my other 2 [regnancies. my last 2 i was hungry for small snacky type meals all day long. this time, i don't even want to eat until about noon, and then it is only like anorange or something. but like i said, at dinner time, look out! if any hands get close to my plate they may be cxommign off! LOL. i am trying to make sure my big meal is full of protien and other good stuff!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page