Insomniacs Unite! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 01-12-2006, 02:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Arrgh
I can't sleep to save my life! Just 10 more weeks to go and if I don't get a decent nights sleep soon- I'm gonna
F R E A K O U T!!!!!
I'm tired, but I just can't settle down enough to sleep more than 4-5 hrs a night. Not to mention the constant party in my bed- with dd1 waking at 230 to climb in with me, and dd2 hogging the bed, forcing my dh to shove her my way- which makes me have to get up- pee and sleep in the recliner-or I sleep there because of heartburn or back pain...
ugggh
Then there are the flexes...oh they're here alright! Tha'st at least a positive thing- knowing my body is warming up to labor.

Oh well, gotta suck it up- soon baby #3 will be here in my arms...
oooooh I can't wait!

okay enough rambling- what's happening with you'all?

lots of love
aj

Mama to 5 babies. UCer, too!
#2 of 11 Old 01-12-2006, 02:56 AM

4-5 hours would be a dream for me. If I get 3 i consider it a good week!

Tonight I am up waiting for the next wave of puking to hit simce it is my turn to succomb to the nastiness that has visited my family this week. I can't move fast enough to get to the bathroom if I lie down so I have to keep myself upright. Ugh.......

I think I'd rather have my regular insomnia!
#3 of 11 Old 01-12-2006, 03:17 AM

I can't get comfortable. Anywhere. I'm honestly tempted to try sleeping in the bathtub with a bunch of pillows

I'm all stressed out about moving at the end of the month, and I'm trying to decide if I want to go through the hassle of changing care providers this late in the game. Oy.

I told DH if this goes on much longer he is gonna have to take a baseball bat and just knock me out.

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!
#4 of 11 Old 01-12-2006, 01:48 PM

Not sleeping so well here either. The crazy dreams are back! And 2 times this week I had very vivid scary dreams that I couldn't breathe and woke myself up. I wonder if I accidentally had rolled onto my back?

I'm not sure if its the sleep thing or what, but I also have this brain fog - I am getting to be just about useless! Putting things away in the wrong place, klutzy, clicking the wrong thing on the computer 5 times in a row.
#5 of 11 Old 01-12-2006, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

every pregnancy I dream my dh is cheating on me or lying to me. Weird. He would do the most absurd irresponsible things in my dreams. Sometimes I would wake up soooo pissed at him. It really is funny actually.
Or I have dreams about going back to highschool, or something bizarre- but I never dream about the baby though.
weird!

#6 of 11 Old 01-13-2006, 08:08 AM

Wahhhh! It's 6am and I can't sleep. I've read a book, read on MDC, listened to my MP3 player, had a snack, watched TV, read more on MDC, had another snack I'm not even tired. I'm just stressed, I guess. I probably should be sewing since I'm up... (yeah, right)

I'm supposed to be stocking up on sleep right now! Babies in my family don't sleep more than 3 hours til they are four! I need to sleep while I can! (Now if I could get my body to cooperate!)

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!
#7 of 11 Old 01-13-2006, 11:53 AM

I am w/you ladies! I sleep for about 2 hours then I am up. Usually not even thinking about much, just awake in bed. I feel like I can't get up b/c I have to go to work in the morning. I am getting really crazy too! My poor dh gets yelled at and doesn't understand why. I hope this ends soon.
Now I have to vent on him-we just got off the phone. We are moving at the end of the month and my sis is giving us her baby furniture. He thinks it's ok to put this very nice wood furniture in a pick up truck in Jan! (we live inNJ) Why don't they get it? Besides the fact that we also have 2 handmade dressers that we just bought. Why would someone want to take a chance of ruining furniture-expensive items!?!? I know he wouldn't do this w/his stereo equipment! Oh my god he is sooo frustrating sometimes! His line-"the only difference w/renting a truck is that it has a roof".
Sorry but I HAD to get that out.
Thanks.
#8 of 11 Old 01-13-2006, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny0116
He thinks it's ok to put this very nice wood furniture in a pick up truck in Jan! (we live inNJ) Why don't they get it? Besides the fact that we also have 2 handmade dressers that we just bought. Why would someone want to take a chance of ruining furniture-expensive items!?!? I know he wouldn't do this w/his stereo equipment! Oh my god he is sooo frustrating sometimes! His line-"the only difference w/renting a truck is that it has a roof".
Sorry but I HAD to get that out.
Thanks.
Ha! That reminds me of when my husband and I first moved in together. We had all my wood furniture in the back of his truck (it was summer) and then when we got to his house, he parked it under the sprinkler. It took me forever to get the water stains out! And I KNOW (like your husband) that would never happen if all of his computer equipment would have been back there!

Wendi

Mom to my little super hero superhero.gif (02/06) and our super hero-in-training femalesling.GIF (11/11).

#9 of 11 Old 01-17-2006, 07:38 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Been up since 3am, had to pee, tried like hell for two hours to go back to sleep but every bone in my body hurts - ahhhhh the pressure points!!!!

Then I finally caved & listened to my starving preggo body & got up to pig out & come visit you lovely mamas , couldn't get on MDC for a bit, : , strange......

So now I've had my daily half a jar of crunchy organic peanut butter & one of my two daily organic Braeburn apples - can you imagine if I tried to trick this fetus by eating a Red Delicious or Goddess forbid, smooth peanut butter? Oh the horrors!!!

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#10 of 11 Old 01-17-2006, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

now my little ones are starting to latch on to my crazy sleep schedule. We all nap at 2pm for 3 hrs each day, then we don't go to bed until 11pm. (of course after a big bowl of cocoa puffs)They stay asleep, and I am up at 130-2am for a few hrs.
Then at about 5-6a, my ddddddddh....wants me to join him for a cup of joe before he heads off to work. ugggh.
I get 1 cup in, then go back to bed with the girls until about 9am.
It's really not all that bad, accept when I can't get the nap in. Then I get snippy. I'm almost like a child-my dh would agree.

#11 of 11 Old 01-17-2006, 02:32 PM

aaaah Finally, something I can say nyahnyah to! (The insmonia) After 6.5 months of insomnia I am FINALLY sleeping at night. (except the 2-4 times I get up to pee, or more.. but i fall asleep again easily).

Aaaaah, to finally be getting rest is wonnnnnderful. Of course, I have to use earplugs and a sleeping mask... and i am so warm I can't use sheets or blankets, lol. but whatever works, yea?

Mum to DS (8yrs), DD (6yrs), and DS(3.5yrs). kid.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page