Nestaholics Unite! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 01-12-2006, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else nesting up a storm?

For the past week, clutter has been like cryptonite (sp?) for me....it actually gets my stress hormones a-chugging, and I find myself wanting to straighten, clean, straighten, clean, straighten, clean.... it's bonkers.

This week I'm a task-master. Basement door stained and hung? Check. New light for the stairway? Check. Batting for the quilts? Check. Frames for the nursery? Check. Laundry done and folded? Check. My husband, bless his heart, works a full day, comes home and takes care of the kids while I do errands, feeds, bathes, and puts them to bed while I quilt, and then spends the next hour or more doing whatever chores/tasks my pregnant self can't handle. Last night, I kid you not, I asked him to go outside and rake the yard. It's warm for January, granted, but it's JANUARY!

I know it's hormonal, and I'm hoping it eases up a bit, but I just CAN'T stop getting things in order. If I could, I'd wake up and work, work, work on projects all day. If I feel like I'm getting behind, I feel completely overhwelmed, cranky, and an inch away from crying. I think one of the reasons dh is being such a workhorse is because he's worried about how emotional I get when I don't feel like things are getting done.

Please tell me I'm not the only one acting this crazy!

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#2 of 14 Old 01-12-2006, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

....I should mention that it's not all crazy raking-in-January stuff.... ....lastnight we put all the baby clothes away in what's going to be the baby's dresser. Little socks, little hats, little onsies, little outfits....Awwwwwwwwww.....

#3 of 14 Old 01-12-2006, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOakMomma
Anyone else nesting up a storm?
Please tell me I'm not the only one acting this crazy!
You are not the only one!

My nesting is more mental right now, but I've REALLY felt the urge to "get ready" kick in this week. The only reason I haven't acted on it (much) yet is b/c I WOHM FT. But even here (yes, I'm on MDC while I'm supposed to be working : ) I'm making lists, shopping for baby stuff online, etc. I can't help myself!

I must be getting into bossy mode, b/c DH is starting to make noises letting me know that he'd like a tiny say in what happens, too. Oops!

Christine , wife of Ron , mama to Tony (4-25-03) and Maria (3-19-06) :
#4 of 14 Old 01-12-2006, 06:11 PM

um, i organized the tupperware at 10pm on tues night. does that vount?
#5 of 14 Old 01-12-2006, 06:58 PM

I started maniacally going through the filing cabinets at work throwing out anything and everything. I filled up the shredder and only stopped because I ran out of time. I have no idea why - I have no intention of this baby ever seeing the inside of my desk at work!

I should put it to better use at home.
#6 of 14 Old 01-12-2006, 07:23 PM

I have the clutter = kriptonite thing too, but the thing is I hanv't had time to do anything about it.
This weekend, though, man, clutter is going DOWN!!

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

#7 of 14 Old 01-12-2006, 09:02 PM

I have this deep desire to organize the kitchen cabinets, take a photo of each cabinet, and post the picture or how they "should" look on each cabinet, so DH and DSS will put stuff away RIGHT!!!

I have been sewing and cleaning too...DH doesn't know what to do with me. LOL
#8 of 14 Old 01-12-2006, 09:40 PM

Quote:
I have this deep desire to organize the kitchen cabinets, take a photo of each cabinet, and post the picture or how they "should" look on each cabinet, so DH and DSS will put stuff away RIGHT!!!
OMG, I wish you hadn't said that! Now I want to do it too!!!

My name is HappiLeigh, and I am a nestaholic!

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
#9 of 14 Old 01-12-2006, 09:42 PM

I do! But I can't seem to focus.....I keep going from one thing to the next without completing the first task. I also feel like it has to be done NOW! Dp is not being the biggest help, he thinks we have a while - yea, 8 wks!!!! I have all of the clothes washed & folded, we bought a new van to accommodate 3 children, we got another bed & saddled it up next to our bed so now we have a HUGE bed. We *could* be ready if we had to be, all of the major stuff is taken care of, but now I'm down to the nitty-gritty like repeatedly cleaning out the same cabinet & dusting each & every bookshelf (& vacuuming everything possible, even the books : )

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#10 of 14 Old 01-12-2006, 09:47 PM

I have been feeling some odd nesting urges myself . . . for instance, I have finally just HAD IT with waiting for our landlady to make the repairs she promised us back when we first moved in (a year and a half ago!). The bathroom tile situation has gotten so bad that we now have mold coming through the walls--NOT a healthy situation for a baby (or for us adults, for that matter!). DH and I have been talking about breaking our lease, but can't figure out where to go--we can't afford to buy right now, and can't find anything comparable to our current rental that is in our price range. (*sigh*)

I would be taking on more projects around the house, but DH won't let me! I offered to put up the shelf that I want mounted above the changing table, but he wants to do it . . . I don't know why, unless it is a control issue; I KNOW how to run a cordless drill!

Other than that, it is all mental prep--we are starting childbirth classes, I am going to my first LLL meeting tomorrow, and I have to finalize the design of our baby announcements and get out there and actually BUY the materials so that we can start making them!
#11 of 14 Old 01-13-2006, 01:32 AM

Confirmed nestaholic here. And it's not just recently, either. I have been nesting pretty hardcore on and off throughout the entire pregnancy. This last week, I have washed (and gone over with my pill shaver!) the crib bedding. It looks brand new! I have also been refining the diaper stash, cleaned the sheepskin in the baby's room, gotten her new Roundabout, ordered my birth kit, and today I have washed and bagged all my birth "linens" like sheets, towels, rags, etc. Oh, and tonight, I made her my first blanket.

The baby already has a furnished room, with a closet full of clothes, wool hung on hooks, diapers stacked and ready to go...and has had for months. I love nesting! I have a checklist of things that need doing when I get that panicked "help-I-need-to-do-SOMETHING-but-I-don't-know-what" feeling. It's SO incredibly satisfying to check things off!
#12 of 14 Old 01-13-2006, 02:29 AM - Thread Starter

Awwww....we're ALL nuts!

(dh is loving these stories, by the way....suddenly raking in January doesn't seem so crazy.)

#13 of 14 Old 01-13-2006, 11:00 AM

Forget raking...I suddenly decided that all the dog poo that I let lie in the corner of the yard needed to be moved so I spent half an hour out there scoping it up with a trowel.

I'm a frustrated nestaholic...since we're moving, I can't really set up a nursing station yet, or a baby space. Our transitional apartment is one bedroom, so it will be tight. But it will be a good way to start clean and simple by only taking what we need, and storing the rest. So I'm kind of thankful for that.
#14 of 14 Old 01-13-2006, 09:12 PM

Oh man, me too!!! I'm getting really depressed because I can't nest like I want to. All the clothes are in the shed and my DH has crammed so much in there that I can't get in to get the baby's stuff out.

We also need to redo the girl's room (nothing fancy, just need to take out the existing closet, move the bunk beds over, and put shelving up with a rod to act as the new closet) and we don't have the money to get the stuff to do it so I'm all stressed over that.

I also need more Fuzzi Bunz style diapers for church and going out and I've only got one so far.

Oh well........ *telling self to just BREATHE*

treehugger.gif Alisaynovax.gif,intactlact.gifUsed to be a fly-by-nursing1.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif, SAHM to three slinggirl.gif, all by ribboncesarean.gif, then they grew up. mecry.gif

Now I am a WOHM, college student, single mama. praying.gif to be belly.gifbfinfant.gifcd.giffamilybed1.gif, buddamomimg1.png, to a littlebabyf.gifagain someday. stillheart.gif 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page