Don't mind me; just a rant . . . - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-14-2006, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didn't want to come in here and dump a big bunch of crud about my partner. However, I really felt the need to

(*whew*) I feel a little better now . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 01-14-2006, 02:45 PM

(In a "letting you have your space" sort of way.)
#3 of 7 Old 01-14-2006, 05:16 PM

We all; have those days.
Hugs.
#4 of 7 Old 01-14-2006, 09:25 PM

Birth Junky~ the smilies....let's just say "well put."

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#5 of 7 Old 01-14-2006, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, mamas.

(*sigh*)

For the last week we have been dealing with a foster-puppy who is very definitely NOT housebroken or crate-trained, as we had been told by the rescue agency. I have been cleaning up accidents left and right, OUR (fully housebroken) dog actually had a couple of accidents in response to the situation, and I haven't been able to get DH to pitch in. Not only that but I haven't been sleeping well at all lately (sleeping soundly, but waking VERY early in the mornings), and of course these hormones are making me hyper-sensitive.

We had a big fight today, after yet another peeing incident. It started out as me just trying to state my feelings and let DH know I have been feeling overwhelmed and underappreciated . . . but he gets pretty defensive when I criticize him in any way, and it turned into a big fight. And DH ended up leaving the house (we were supposed to go over to a friend's house, but realized today that foster-puppy can't be taken ANYWHERE), and I ended up crying for about an hour after he left.

I managed to pull myself together and get some housework done and have been trying to get past the depression that has been pulling on me all day . . . despite our fight we didn't really get anything resolved; I think DH is pretty much discounting any issues I bring up recently as "hormonal". Plus, it is just a miserable feeling to start your day out with a big ol' crying jag.

I'm trying to keep moving, though. Don't know whether to hope DH comes home soon or just stays away all evening.

ETA: Foster-puppy peed on the carpet AGAIN! I am absolutely at my wit's end with this dog; she is a real sweetheart, but I just cannot handle cleaning up after her several times a day. The rescue agency is working on getting her into a new foster home on Monday, but I may have to seriously consider taking her back to their vet's office tomorrow morning, for my own sanity.
#6 of 7 Old 01-14-2006, 11:11 PM

UGH!!! I feel your pain!

I used to take in mommy-less, still nursing puppies and kittens and bottle feed them. Often I think that people would just dump the animals at the shelter and keep their pet.

Now I have a sweet, little 3 legged dog, named George, who is having trouble controlling his bladder. It is terrible having to clean up this when you can just barely bend over! But he is mine and my responsibility.

Hope DH can give you some help and they will find a new home soon!~
#7 of 7 Old 01-15-2006, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

. . . and although I am glad not to have to clean up the messes anymore, I bawled like a baby all morning.

Didn't help that DH flew into a rage this morning when the car wouldn't start (I understand his frustration, but it is not our only car and just not worth the fit he threw); I ended up sending him back into the house and taking the dog down to the vet myself, because I didn't want him driving in that mental state. (*sigh*) Cried the whole way to the vet, and most of the way back.

On the plus side, she is going to a new foster-home tomorrow--we are going to go over and help the woman fix up her yard with a better fence, so that the dog can have an outdoor area to play in (and hopefully, save some wear on the carpet!).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page