I'm Crampy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-12-2006, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
All night this baby was s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g out & his head was pushing my cervix & his feet were in my ribs - it HURT! A lot! Then after about an hour of that, my lower back started hurting & all day today I've been slightly crampy in the front with lower back pain. I didn't do much of anything yesterday but did a lot the day before, nothing strenuous, just on my feel ALL day long.

The BH's are getting more serious over the last few days, guess we're all getting closer!! (I'm 36 wks.) I have an appt tomorrow, GBS test - ick. Internals are supposed to start at 36 wks, not sure if I'm going to go ahead with one - on one hand, it's exciting to hear how much your body is preparing, but OTOH, it doesn't tell ya much! For boredom's sake, I'm going to take a gander & say that I'm 3, almost 4cm dilated & 50% effaced. Eeks, guess I'm setting myself up for a letdown if I'm only 2cm. I'll post back tomorrow.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#2 of 7 Old 02-12-2006, 03:59 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We're due right about the same time. I've felt nothing new, other than the baby getting bigger. I had my GBS swab the other day - so easy - I didn't even lay down, he didn't even have to look, just a quick swab and it took less than a second. Although they said they weren't going to do any internals til 38 weeks. Fine with me...I don't think this baby is even remotely coming any time soon. I'm getting that pregnant forever feeling these days!

Did say his head is way down, so he's dropped, but I couldn't tell anything had changed.
#3 of 7 Old 02-12-2006, 07:01 PM

I'm not getting any internals at all. I don't dilate until well into labor anyway. (based on my last 2 births) I've been really crampy this week too and a couple times have had a few nice solid contractions. I'm trying to get the baby to settle in my pelvis a little more so I can breathe for a bit. My babies tend to ride high until well into labor too, then everything happens all at once. Just a few more weeks. I'm 37-38 weeks so I'm almost hoping to go any time. I won't be pregnant forever. (Please remind me of this in a couple weeks when I'm really ready to be done )
#4 of 7 Old 02-12-2006, 07:24 PM

I've been crampy too. Definitely a pick up in the BH contractions. I've been feeling pinchy feelings very low in the cervix. Not really sure about that. I assume it means I may be starting to efface. Weirdness.

I feel funny now. We've been SOO pleased that this babe wasn't premature and now I find myself wanting to be done soon. Terrible. I just want a healthy baby and if that mean going ot 42 weeks (or more) so be it. (As MamaChel said, remind me of this statement when I'm overdue and complaining. )

We're not doing any internals. I don't want to set myself up for a disappointment...
#5 of 7 Old 02-13-2006, 10:30 AM

[QUOTE=etoilech] I've been feeling pinchy feelings very low in the cervix. Not really sure about that. I assume it means I may be starting to efface. Weirdness.

[QUOTE]

Me too. Sharp, hard pinches that hurt like the devil that feel l like cervix ...is that what it is? I have absolutely no idea. Started out one or two times a day, but now getting the pinches every few minutes.
#6 of 7 Old 02-13-2006, 01:13 PM

When the baby "knocks" on my cervix, it actually hurts, like pinching. And, I seem to get a bout of cramps after the baby has been pretty active. I am trying to do whatever I can to get the cramps to become something more serious, but so far, nothing....
#7 of 7 Old 02-13-2006, 05:25 PM
Kam

I haven't read your newest thread yet, Meta, so I'll be interested to hear how close you were in your predictions!

I've been feeling all those pinching, grinding, BH feelings this week. It also feels as though the baby has descended quite a bit. I feel full and heavy down there. I didn't expect this at all, since you read that dropping doesn't happen until labor for subsequent pregnancies. I'm going to ask my midwife this Friday if she can feel how low the baby is (while she's swabbing for GBS ).

Hang in there, everybody! These last few magical weeks are a time to savor--I remember them so well with my last pregnancy.

warmly,
Kam, mamamama! to Meg and one more

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page