Too small?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 02-15-2006, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, I know we're all different and that some women have huge bellys while others are not. BUT, if one more person tells me I look too small, I'm going to scream. What do you think?? Do I really look too small? These two pics were taken at 32/33 weeks. I think I look normal. I compared the belly pics to pics of when I 36 weeks with my first daughter and I think I look the same. What do think? I can only hope I did the link correctly.

Flickr belly pics

**I gues I should explain: this irritates me because my back hurts, I can't sleep, it's hard to breathe, and I feel huge. I guess I want some validation for that?? Also, the baby being small is another marker for the health concerns we've been screening since week 20 but were told were no longer actual concerns so when people tell me this, it totally worries me--and I'm so very tired of being worried. I feel like I can hardly move around, I want a big healthy baby, and I want everyone to just say that to me--"wow, you look like you've got a big girl in there!" Instead of, "shouldn't you be bigger by now??"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 02-15-2006, 04:31 PM

You look great and normal! I've had a couple of people say I look small, too...not sure if they're trying to be nice, or if they're off their rocker! At the dr.s office, I'm measuring big!

Cute belly, btw!

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#3 of 15 Old 02-15-2006, 04:35 PM

Look at that beautiful belly!!!!! You look fine. People carry their babies differently and sometimes clothes can 'hide' a bit of the fullness. There is nothing wrong with your belly size.
#4 of 15 Old 02-15-2006, 05:39 PM

I take it as a compliment when people tell me I look small. That's one thing I haven't heard in any capacity in years! Your belly looks exactly like mine, and we're at the same stage. Doc says I just popped late, and I measured 33 cm yesterday, which is normal for 33 weeks. They also say the baby is big based on ultrasounds.

Don't let comments like that get you down. You look gorgeous!!!!

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
#5 of 15 Old 02-15-2006, 07:17 PM

Doesn't look small to me!

I have seen some people who stick straight out like a shelf....maybe that's what the people who are commenting are used to seeing.
#6 of 15 Old 02-15-2006, 07:27 PM

Your belly looks the same size as mine. (I'm 34 weeks.) I'm not getting the "you look small" comments, though--I think because in proportion to the rest of my body (especially my tiny breasts), my belly does look big. Also, I'm carrying very low--so everyone thinks I'm about to go into labor.

Don't let those comments get you down. You look fabulous!

Christine , wife of Ron , mama to Tony (4-25-03) and Maria (3-19-06) :
#7 of 15 Old 02-15-2006, 08:53 PM

On the bright side - would you rather people were saying "Wow, you're huge!"

#8 of 15 Old 02-15-2006, 09:48 PM

well, I am 33 weeks and you look much bigger than me, so now you've got me worried that i'm small.

Mom to Morgan 4-3-06 and announcing Baby Kelsey 4-11-10
#9 of 15 Old 02-15-2006, 10:04 PM

Man! Your belly is HUGE!!!! Feel better?

Just kidding! I think you look great!

Most people don't even realize that I am pg, since I am a plus sized woman.

Monday, though, I was getting in the elevator at the hospital to go get my NST. I just happened to have my hand on my belly and a woman asked if I were in labor. I said no and that I had over a month to go. She looks at me and says, "You don't look like you are going to make it another month!"

I don't know which is worse! People thinking you are too small or people commenting on how huge your belly is.
#10 of 15 Old 02-15-2006, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahwuko
Doesn't look small to me!

I have seen some people who stick straight out like a shelf....maybe that's what the people who are commenting are used to seeing.

That is so funny, that is exactly what I look like, if I could figure out how to post a picture I would.

I think your belly looks fine, it looks perfect!! My sil is due in 1 week and I am way huger than she is but her baby is normal size. I wouldn't worry about and just enjoy being pregnant.

Jessie

Jessie (29) mom to Emma (2002), Anthony (2004), Elizabeth (2006) and Ava (2008) and someone new 2010
#11 of 15 Old 02-15-2006, 10:13 PM

I think your belly looks nice and big. Very beautiful. People are a$$holes, try to keep that in mind.
#12 of 15 Old 02-15-2006, 10:19 PM

iF IT HELPS AT ALL, i AM 37 WEEKS AND I'M A LITTLE SMALLER THAN YOU ARE....BUT i'M MEASURING FINE AT ALL MY APPOINTMENTS.....MAYBE YOU AND I JUST CARRY DIFFERENTLY THAN ALL THESE "PREGNANCY EXPERTS" WHO ARE ALWAYS COMMENTING ON OUR SIZE YOU LOOK GREAT!!! PLUS i'M JEALOUS-NO STRETCH MArks!!!!!!
#13 of 15 Old 02-16-2006, 01:22 AM

Small?!?!

I think you look great! You look bigger than me and I am 35 weeks! People always tell me that I look small as well. It is really annoying I must say because it makes me feel like people think I will have a small underweight baby.
#14 of 15 Old 02-16-2006, 08:06 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I'm 36-37 weeks & that could be my belly! No stretch marks here either

I think your belly looks perfect! Everyone tells me that I look small too, it's just that I'm all belly, I think that's what they mean, no junk in my trunk or anywhere else .

I do feel huge & uncomfortable too, like you. I always look like this, although, this one is definitely lower than my girls were..

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#15 of 15 Old 02-17-2006, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all your comments ladies!! Sorry, I've been sick all week and away from the computer so I just sat down and read through all the comments. It's funny, just today on my commute another person told me that I look too small. I guess I should just say thank you and move one. Usually, I try to persuade that I look just right. Oh well. Now, on to other threads to see what you've all been talking about!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page