Great news on doctor & childcare - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-02-2006, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So...I've been TOTALLY stressing out about these two items on my to-do list. They're such important decisions to make, and it's so hard to find just the right match in each case. Well, yesterday it all fell into place. I'm feeling 1,000 pounds lighter and doing a happy dance!

We had a great family physician for DS and me for 2.5 years. Then she had the nerve to quit last fall, after she had her own baby and just after we discovered we were PG again. So we needed to find another. I really wanted us to stay at the same clinic, which we like for many reasons, and I dig having a family doc so we can all see the same person and develop a good relationship. I finally got around to making an appt. for an interview, which was yesterday. I was nervous about how this new doc would respond to our parenting choices (extended breastfeeding, home birth, delayed vax, etc.), because we've run into plenty of docs who are arrogant and underinformed on these issues. Well, once she blurted out with a laugh that she can't offer any advice on weaning, because she's still nursing her 2.5yo daughter, I knew we were going to get along just fine. She was absolutely cool about our home birth plan, too. Yay!

On the childcare front.... Here, too, we found ourselves in an unexpected pickle. We had an excellent arrangement for DS's baby-/toddlerhood -- a combination of Grandma and a dear friend w/ a small home daycare (who also happens to be AP, cares only for babies/toddlers -- and only 3 at a time -- and is a pediatric RN to boot). But when we asked her about caring for DD when I return to work in August, we discovered she was all booked up. And Grandma was taking forever to decide what (if anything) she wanted to do. During the past few days, Grandma volunteered to care for DD 3 days/week, and our beloved DCP had a Friday spot open up. I can easily cram my work hours into 4 days. Yippee! I can't describe how happy I am knowing without a doubt that when I can't be with DD, she'll be with women who love and treasure her and provide top-notch care.

I'm so relieved and happy and lucky to have these 2 things sorted out. That, on top of finding out DD is finally vertex after lying transverse for ages, has made this a pretty good week! It's great to feel this way after feeling so frazzled for so long.

Christine , wife of Ron , mama to Tony (4-25-03) and Maria (3-19-06) :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 03-02-2006, 06:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tine -- congratulations on getting both of those things straightened out! I'm sure having them decided will make your upcoming labor a whole lot less stressful.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page