Alittle depressed - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-15-2006, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is anybody else just getting a little depressed waiting for their baby to come?

I am due on Tuesday. However, DD was 3 weeks early (I was on bedrest from 32 weeks) and this baby appeared to want to come around 33 weeks as well. I did everything to keep baby cooking til 37 weeks. I've been dilated AND 80% effaced for over a month now. Midwife and drs have said many times "you'll go by this weekend".......well, I haven't.

So I 'FEEL' like I am about 3-4 weeks overdue, even though I am not. You just get to a mental point, especially being dilated and effaced where you think its time. And just wait and wait and wait. I know it's best for baby, I really do.

But I am so tired of being uncomfortable, I am so tired of dropping everything I touch, and of being such and impatient and often grumpy person. I should be ecstatic about becoming a mother again any day now!

Hubby wants them to strip my membranes this Friday to see if labor will happen over the weekend. I am just so nervous to intervene, although from what I've read that one has the lowest risks of all. I had it done a week and a half ago with no results at all and decided I wouldn't do it again (I was 2-3cm dilated then, am 3-4cm now). Hubby will respect my decision.

I suppose they'd start talking about doing it or induction next week anyway when I hit my due date, I don't know.

I'm just rambling now......sorry, had a rough night of not sleeping and heartburn and I am just sick of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2006, 12:41 PM

Hang in there, mama, and know that each extra day helps your babe become stronger and more ready to join you.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovelife
Hang in there, mama, and know that each extra day helps your babe become stronger and more ready to join you.
:

Sounds like what you really need right now is some TLC. I'd bring you a batch of chocolate chip cookies if I could. What (besides having your baby) would make you feel good right now? My advice: figure that out, then demand it from DH.

Christine , wife of Ron , mama to Tony (4-25-03) and Maria (3-19-06) :
Old 03-15-2006, 02:33 PM

After having a pretty good attitude for a week after my due date (3/5), I'm defintely starting to have moments where I feel depressed and sad. I know I should be so happy and excited but I just get so bummed that she's not here yet. And now the midwives (hospital midwives, btw) have scheduled me for an induction on Saturday. I REALLY don't want to go down that road. I'll have another opportunity to talk to them about it tomorrow at my next appointment but they seem pretty set on it.

I just want my baby to come...

Jill
Old 03-15-2006, 03:48 PM

Hang in there!
Old 03-15-2006, 03:57 PM

I know how it feels. When I was pregnant with my boys, they said I'd go early b/c it was twins....So at 36/37 weeks, they started saying "any day now!". I finally had them at 40/41 weeks, and I felt a MONTH overdue. It was some of the worst waiting I've ever gone through...being as big as a barn didn't help, either. :

What they say is true, though...you WILL have the baby one of these days, and every day you go through (dropping stuff, being clumsy, being grumpy, whatever), brings you closer to your baby.

And this is just my personal opinion, but before going for full-out induction, I'd try the membrane sweeping again. Sometimes it takes two tries, and membrane sweeping is a MUCH better way to go into labor than on all sorts of artificial hormones like pitocin. Sounds like you have a week or so to decide, though, so hopefully nature will take it's course and you'll go into labor soon! : for you!

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
Old 03-15-2006, 04:12 PM

I totally understand. My son was born at 29 weeks so we've been edgy the entire pregnancy. I kinda felt like I'd go a little early maybe 38-39 weeks... now I am 40w2d. Sheer irony that I am now "past due" since everyone was so sure I should be labelled "high risk" b/c of my son. HA!

I am trying to stay upbeat... but, I am a little depressed that babe is not here yet. Anyway... I know how you feel.

I find baking helps. It also keeps my son distracted and happy. SO far I've made:

-Bread twice
-2 batches of chocolate chip cookies
-banana muffins
-apfelkuchen
-gingerbread

Oy. The downside to baking is tht I tend to eat it...:
Old 03-15-2006, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much for all the kind words, ladies !!!

It's great to come here and get some support and hugs.

Hubby IS doing a lot for me...every night after dinner, I pretty much 'shut down'.......lounge on my big comfy chair and read or watch TV. He takes over playing with Alli, gets her bath and puts her to bed for me. This morning when he saw I was frustrated (at 5am) he stroked my cheek trying to get me back to sleep.....so sweet.

As for the baking........I could try that.....but yes, definately the downside is I'll eat it all! Although I guess at this point, what's a few more pounds?? May I ask, what is apfelkuchen?

Hubby still asks me several times a day about the stripping of membranes on Friday........part of me says do it, because my body just feels like it could go at any second......part of me is just so scared that the water would break and then I would not progress and we all know what that means......though we're all pretty certain I WOULD progress. Tough stufff!

But thank you all!
Old 03-15-2006, 06:50 PM

Oh, I hope you don't have to be induced. It's so hard because on the one hand, you want to give birth but on the other induction carries the risk of domino effect.

I'm only 38 weeks tomorrow and really can't wait to give birth. I commute 4 hours a day had high hopes that the baby would be born early. I really don't think anything's going to happen early. The only things that I do to keep my baby's brewing in perspective (obviously, I'm nowhere near overdue at this point) is clean, prepare nursery stuff, knit her blanket, and try desperately to catch up on my scrapbooking (even though I'm 1.5 years behind).

Good luck with everything. I hope you're holding your new little baby within the next few days!
Old 03-15-2006, 08:47 PM

MW told me yesterday she didn't want to strip my membranes because I'm GBS positive. I would much rather go that route than start in with pitocin but it doesn't look like that's an option for me.

This morning I busted out the Mothering Magazine's Having a Baby, Naturally: The Mothering Magazine Guide to Pregnancy and Childbirth book I checked out from the library and started reading up on inductions. I think tomorrow after my u/s and NST, if all looks fine with baby and me, I'm going to tell the mw that I'm not ok with an induction on Saturday. Like my dh said today, they aren't going to sue me if I don't show up at the hospital on Saturday. If there are no problems with the baby or me, there's really no reason they shouldn't let me go at least until next week before scheduling an induction. Believe me, I really want this baby to come but I REALLY don't want to be induced.

Keeping my fingers crossed that little missy decides to come soon!

Jill
Old 03-15-2006, 09:55 PM

Jill~ you can get your membranes stripped if you're GBS positive, but drs. want you to go on oral antibiotics (as a precaution against infection) once it's done. I was in the same boat, and that was the arrangement I had with my dr.

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
Old 03-15-2006, 10:00 PM

Thanks, Elisabeth! I'll bring that up with the mw tomorrow and see what she says.

Jill
Old 03-15-2006, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter

So is the main risk with membrane stripping (assuming GBS negative) the chance of your water breaking while they do it? I wonder how common that is? That is my main holdback.

User Tag List