End-of-March Mamas, Our babies are NOT here! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 63 Old 03-20-2006, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How is going for those of us not even due yet? Who's left? I know I'm not alone and babyless!

I'm getting kind looks from strangers, and I feel that the grocery store checkout lady really meant it today when she asked me how I was. And old friends keep e-mailing for no particular reason, apparently to see if they'd missed a big announcement? It's kind of cute.

The post office employee who weighed and shipped a box for me today looked at me over the counter and helpfully said, "I don't think you should be carrying this." : Because if I hadn't carried it in, he'd have come to my house and picked it up?? I thought, geez, what's it going to do, throw me into labor? Because THAT would solve a few problems I've got going lately!

DH and I are TV-free except for a little 13-incher we keep in the closet and pull out to watch movies or the occasional special TV event. We were hoping our hospital stay would coincide with the NCAA tournament so we could watch on the hospital TV, but now all our teams are already out, shoot!

Oh well, I'm sure Baby will come when she's ready. I've been 2 cm dilated for weeks, was 70% effaced at my last appointment, have lost my mucous plug, and am cleaning the basement today!

Hope all you other late-March mamas are doing well! Check in and say how you're doing!

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
#2 of 63 Old 03-20-2006, 03:17 PM

The frustrating part for me is that I don't know exactly when my due date is, so I have no "goal" to focus on. I'm just now starting to get impatient. Every time I go to the bathroom I'm hoping to see some blood or something. I am tired of obsessing about this. I can't wait for him to come so I can obsess about something else for a change...LOL!

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
#3 of 63 Old 03-20-2006, 03:36 PM

Still here! Not "due" until the 30th. Had my MW appointment this morning, I walked in and she said "You look REALLY pregnant" um... thanks? I guess that means I'm getting close.

I've been having cnx since last Thurs every night, so I know it's just a matter of time.

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!
#4 of 63 Old 03-20-2006, 04:50 PM

I'm still here too! I was "due" Saturday. dh checked me last night and can get two fingers in my cervix and open them up so he could feel the edge - he also felt her head. He was very excited to feel our baby! I'ts exciting to know that there is something happening down there - now if some contractions would start, we'd be set!
#5 of 63 Old 03-20-2006, 04:52 PM

Still here due tomorrow or next Tues. DH wants her to come in April! That way he will have one child born in March, one in April and one in May. Then again, he isn't carrying her around, peeing every hour, having her kick him all night long, etc....

No signs of labor here lately!

DH has started nesting....I spent $100 at the grocery on Sat. and DH thinks we need to go back to stock up...just in case. Guess if he is going to be doing the cooking for a while, we should get some foods that are easy for him to cook. I'm the type that I start with ingredients that could end up being anything; DH likes to start with boxed foods that are pretty idiot proof. LOL
#6 of 63 Old 03-20-2006, 05:21 PM

I'm still pregnant too. Not due till the 30th (which matches pretty well with when I know we conceived....) so unless I go early its not likely to happen any time soon. Haven't lost my mucus plug, no real contractions, have no clue what my cervix is doing, and I am such a lazy bum that I doubt I will get a nesting urge. I am finally ready for this baby to be here though. She could make her debut anytime now.... *sigh*
#7 of 63 Old 03-20-2006, 05:41 PM

Still here also. Been 1cm/50% effaced for the past 2 weeks. I am still working and still getting things ready at home. :/

I am feeling quite ready to go. I am trying to be patient - but I just wish I had an eject button!

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

#8 of 63 Old 03-20-2006, 05:49 PM

im still here, but hes coming tommorrow!!!!!!. nervous but excited. Wished he would have come early so could have tried for a vbac. but i am just glad to be getting to meet him tommorrow.
#9 of 63 Old 03-20-2006, 06:11 PM

Still here also. Not due until the 26th. I don't think she wil come until April though. Nothing exciting going on. Midwife said last week I was 1cm and 50% effaced but that it really didn't matter because the baby is still so high. I feel fine for the most part except dd has had a nasty cold for the last few days and now I think I'm coming down with it as well.
#10 of 63 Old 03-20-2006, 07:19 PM

I feel ya on the cold thing. *sigh* I have been sick off and on since the end of January and I am so done with it already. I prolly could take some abx and knock it out....but I am still loathe to do that. I just hope the babe chooses to come on the few days between colds that I feel semi-human.

My original guess on when the babe would be born was April 3rd...I really hope my second guess of March 21st if more accurate though. hehe
#11 of 63 Old 03-20-2006, 08:29 PM

I'm still here, too...LOL...but not for long. I am going in tomorrow AM to have her...FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#12 of 63 Old 03-20-2006, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

Lori Ann, I'm cracking up about your DH!

Glad to know I'm not the only one out there just hanging out and waiting! I'm actually pretty okay with it, not as impatient this week as I was last week for some reason, but tonight I felt pretty insulted when a dollop of grease landed on my shirt and burned my big ol' belly. : That hurt! Now I am getting blisters on the spot. DH said, "wow, if your belly hadn't been there, that grease would have just landed on the floor!"

No kidding!

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
#13 of 63 Old 03-21-2006, 01:10 AM

Lurking from another ddc, but if one more person tells me "Oh, you look miserable" I will beat the tar out of them. Seriously. I am not walking around frowning all the time. I think they mean "Oh, it looks like you would be uncomfortable" - but that's not how it sounds!

Tamara: hs'ing Christian mom of five here and five in Heaven. Joyfully awaiting Punkin, coming mid-Sept!
#14 of 63 Old 03-21-2006, 01:52 AM

I was due on Sunday and so now every little thing is surely a sign of labor! It's hard to keep getting my hopes up and then feeling let down only to get my hopes up again. Tonight I've been having some actual contractions though...although they appear to have stopped now. Patience is not my strong suit!
#15 of 63 Old 03-21-2006, 02:13 AM

Well, went in today for a follow-up NST and amniotic fluid check. I finally found out that I'm 1-2 cm dilated. With my first daughter it took me 14 hours of labor to get to 3 so I'm thrilled about the 1-2 cm!! The fluid check was great-back in the normal range. The NST showed the same heart rate variances as last week so they were going to induce me. After I talked to the LDR nurses and on-call doc some more they did more NSTs and then gave me a shot of pitocin to do a Contraction Stress Test (CST) and sent me home! The baby reacted perfect to the contractions so we know she's not in danger--and that has been the first piece of good news in a long time.

So, we're still brewing and all of the scary things that they told me about last week were ok today. So, I'm happy so happy to be huge and uncomfortable... I just don't want to go to work tomorrow. But, I'm still having contractions and it's been at least 4 hours since the pitocin.
#16 of 63 Old 03-21-2006, 04:33 AM

I haven't posted on this due date board yet...just on the cloth diapering board.

I am due 3/23 with my first BOY. At last check I was 2cm/80% and I don't think I have changed despite about 10-12 days of false labor. :

I would LOVE for someone to tell me how miserable I look! I must be small because I don't get those types of comments. If I say something about being miserable they ask me when I am due and look at me like I am crazy because they think I can't be *that* miserable because they say I look *soooo* small.
Argh, I just want people to share in my misery or at least acknowledge it! LOL

: Robyn : Increasingly crunchy Mama to Kya (8) , Makena (7) , and Keegan (4) :
#17 of 63 Old 03-21-2006, 09:56 AM

Now THIS is pathetic... The night before last, I actually managed to hurt my shoulder REALLY bad while I was sleeping. I was up all night last night in pain, and the little sleep I did get, could only be done one one side. Then my hip was killing me.

This is the most pain I've had in my body since I pulled my knee ligament skiing years ago. I swear, if I go into labor before this heals, I'm gonna cave to the drugs. Oh this sucks....

Other than that, I feel great! LOL

#18 of 63 Old 03-21-2006, 02:06 PM

Aw Carrin! that stinks and a half.
My dh had to start getting up at 3:30am to go to the gym for training to pass a physical test for his future job. Our schedules are totally flipped upside down. I have a hard time sleeping when there are other people awake in the house, so I wake a 3 for a usual routine pee haha, but have a hard time getting back to sleep.

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

#19 of 63 Old 03-21-2006, 04:30 PM

Well had my final ultrasound today. 38 weeks...Doc told me from the last one, that baby was in the 90th percentile and was probabaly going to be a 10 pounder. Today, he measured in the 75th percentile around 7lbs10oz. So, with error margin, that puts him now between 7 and 8 1/2 lbs, just where he should be. What a beast eh? LOL...

My dad got to go with me to the ultrasound, that was a very cool thing. He got all excited to see the baby's heart beat. Baby has a big huge belly (like mom), chubby cheeks, and hair!!!! Was a good day! Now he just needs to decide to join us out here where it's more fun.

Hope everyone is doing well today...

#20 of 63 Old 03-21-2006, 11:53 PM

Oh Carrin! What a great appointment! Our babes will be here soon! My first baby was 8 lbs and 10 oz and she still was a fragile tiny baby to me.
#21 of 63 Old 03-22-2006, 10:44 AM

Still here as well.
I have been 1-2 cm dialated and 80% effaced for three weeks. My BH's have been picking up, and I started to loose my mucus plug about a week ago. I really hope something happens soon. All the grandparents have bought plane tickets to visit in the next couple weeks!!!

Good luck to everyone. Hope your labor's all start soon!
#22 of 63 Old 03-22-2006, 01:19 PM

WAHHHHH! Look at all the babies being born!!! I REALLY want to meet my son! I just can't wait to see what he looks like and how his little personality develops.

</whine>

I know, I'm not due yet, and I don't want him to come until he's ready, but I'm just so excited! Plus I am so thrilled to see DH interact with him since he's his first child.

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!
#23 of 63 Old 03-22-2006, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Am I the only one who's hoping to go to my due date or even a week or two late? I think this is a total blessing I have to hope for baby to stay in, because DH has a new job and couldn't have gotten out of training this week or last to be with me for the birth or helping post-partum. I get to skip the whole normal impatience thing with the waiting and just hope I *don't* go into labor. Come this Saturday, though, my baby can come out whenever he wants to...though if he waits an extra week or two I'll have to deal with everyone's comments like "STILL pregnant?" and "aren't you miserable?" but no I'm detirmined not to be miserable even if he doesn't come til early-mid April.
#24 of 63 Old 03-22-2006, 02:08 PM

I'm sorry, but I am totally not at a patient point.
I am "done" with the experience of being pregnant and am ready to move on to the experience of birth and motherhood.

I'm still working and everyone keeps coming in and saying "your'e still here!" - thanks for the reminder...

#25 of 63 Old 03-22-2006, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieCatheryn
Am I the only one who's hoping to go to my due date or even a week or two late? I think this is a total blessing I have to hope for baby to stay in, because DH has a new job and couldn't have gotten out of training this week or last to be with me for the birth or helping post-partum. I get to skip the whole normal impatience thing with the waiting and just hope I *don't* go into labor. Come this Saturday, though, my baby can come out whenever he wants to...though if he waits an extra week or two I'll have to deal with everyone's comments like "STILL pregnant?" and "aren't you miserable?" but no I'm detirmined not to be miserable even if he doesn't come til early-mid April.
I was right there with you until last week when I finished up most of my baby projects and now I'm just BORED

#26 of 63 Old 03-22-2006, 02:31 PM

I'm ready to meet my little guy, but this experience of pregnancy has been awesome for me. I guess I'm pretty lucky.

Went up to the store and bought some nursing tanks today...they looked hilarious when I tried them on with my big old belly sticking out and my boobs hanging out of the holes. Really sexy! I just can't wait to have a flat-ish stomach again, that's my only complaint.

Guess what...Mucus plug started coming out today! Woohoo!!!! I'm officially on my way!

#27 of 63 Old 03-22-2006, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellykins
I'm still working and everyone keeps coming in and saying "your'e still here!" - thanks for the reminder...
haha.
I get this everyday at work too. I really like going to work because i work with kids in the afterschool program. So it is really my opportunity to get out of the house and move around. It makes me feel really good.
#28 of 63 Old 03-22-2006, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrin
Went up to the store and bought some nursing tanks today...they looked hilarious when I tried them on with my big old belly sticking out and my boobs hanging out of the holes. Really sexy! I just can't wait to have a flat-ish stomach again, that's my only complaint.
ROFL!!! I did the same thing last week! Except I tried them on at home... in the living room... in front of DH. He laughed so hard I thought he was going to throw up. Guess it wasn't so sexy

#29 of 63 Old 03-24-2006, 12:33 PM

Am I the only one left?
I know I am the last one from the 28th...

Im getting really. really. emotional lately and feeling like my body isn't going to do it. It's just going to hold her in there.

No change as of yesterday's Dr visit (which means I have been hanging out at 1cm/50% effaced for three weeks now.) They want to induce (break water) if it goes too far past Tue. I am not a big fan of that, but at this point....

#30 of 63 Old 03-24-2006, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

No, not the only one! Why would they break your water so soon? I had an appointment today and my doc basically offered an induction if I wanted one. Good customer service, I guess? (I'm due Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on which calculater I use--in my medical chart I'm due with you, Kellykins, on the 28th.) Anyway, she didn't give any pressure, and said we didn't need to "really talk about it" until I was a week overdue, but I guess she just wanted me to know it's there...
Obviously, I told her I wasn't interested.
I've been at 2 centimeters, 70% effaced for a while. I'm actually feeling fine right now, sort of enjoying this last bit of time off before the real work starts.
Hope everyone else left is feeling good!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page