What is everyone doing re:vax? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 04-12-2006, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are delaying for the time being, and are not sure if we will at all. Thank Goddess my husband refused the Hep B shots when the girls were born and I was drugged up. I thought with them being preemies that it was even more important that their immune systems not be bombarded with chemicals and crap,although I guess most people would think it was more important that they have them. My sisters and I had reactions to our shots - enough that my mom had ours given in half-doses (she didn't know that you could refuse them altogether), and my dh and I both have allergies and asthma, so we think it's important to at least wait on them a couple of years.

We have not been harrassed yet, amazingly enough. One NICU nurse told us that we would have to have them vaxed before they go to school, which is bs. But other than that,when a doc asks if we are up to date on vaxes,we tell them we are delaying them and they just say "Oh". I'm sure we will not always be that lucky,though.
#32 of 34 Old 04-12-2006, 02:01 PM

No vax here. My older three are vaxed, but my 2 yo dd isn't and Fiona won't be either. I found a ped that is okay with not vaxing - so I won't get harrassed if we have to take her in for something.
#33 of 34 Old 04-12-2006, 03:24 PM

No vaccinations here.

A good book to read for straightforward information is What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children's Vaccinations by Dr. Stephanie Cave (check Amazon.com to buy).

There's more in vaccines to be concerned about than just thimerosal. Formaldehyde, 2PE (the chemical equivalent of antifreeze), aluminum, multiple antibiotics and foreign animal tissue (chicken, monkey or even aborted fetal tissue) are in vaccines. These aren't safe and all can cause problems, such as autoimmune disorders and other health problems.

The book is good because it outlines what each vaccine contains, how the vaccine is produced, what disease it protects against, how effective the vaccine is at providing that protection, etc. It also outlines a safer vaccine schedule than that of the CDC for parents who choose to vaccinate. The book isn't "pro-vaccine" or "anti-vaccine" ~~ it simply presents the facts of "This is how this vaccine is made and what goes in to it. This is what the components of this vaccine are known to do." It gives parents the knowledge necessary to make good decisions for their children. I think it's a "must read" for all parents, but that's just my opinion.
#34 of 34 Old 04-14-2006, 01:34 PM

I was going to do a delayed/selective schedule with Bella, as I have with BeanBean and BooBah, but I have some concerns about a possible ASD with her. Until they're resolved, until I know what's really going on with her, I'm *definately* not going to have her vaccinated.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page