homeschooling? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-12-2006, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
who here is homeschooling their wee ones and how is it going with a new babe in the house?
we unschool here so we just take oliver along for our rides lol..though going out and about has proven to be a bit more confusing..lol

phoenix
#2 of 6 Old 04-12-2006, 08:11 PM

Ditto that, we are unschoolers & Dd1 & Dd2 are currently learning the joys of having a new baby in the house!

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#3 of 6 Old 04-13-2006, 12:07 AM

HI

Just wondered what you all mean when you say 'unschool' Is that because you don't register with the gov't nor follow the curriculum?

We will be homeschooling in our house, once our babies our big enough. But I think in the States you all can get into college/uni just by taking the SATs, where in Canada, I believe the kids all have to take the same curriculum-type exams.

Just wondering...

Kate
Lydia - 19 mos
Frances - 6 wks

Kate: fumbling through the best years with W, L, F & V...newest arrival coming Jan '11
#4 of 6 Old 04-13-2006, 12:44 AM

We HS our 7 YO DS. And, like a PP said, right now his biggest lesson is what having a newborn is all about & how to care for a babe.

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#5 of 6 Old 04-13-2006, 01:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by misseks

We will be homeschooling in our house, once our babies our big enough. But I think in the States you all can get into college/uni just by taking the SATs, where in Canada, I believe the kids all have to take the same curriculum-type exams.
Hello were in Canada as well and actully they don't have to ...they take the entrance exam as a mature student.
I call myself a unschooler becuase we are life learners....we learn from doing and living wherever that might take us.

Phoenix
#6 of 6 Old 04-13-2006, 05:58 PM

We're "waldorf inspired" homeschoolers and my oldest is just kindy age so we're pretty laid back.
It's a great way to talk about all the new life around in Spring though.
*like so many other things--the babe is easy, it's my 3 yr old who can make hsing hard.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page