Cloth Diapering? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 04-13-2006, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wondering what brands people are having success with. So far, my Mother Ease and Kissaluvs are the best....The Kushies seem to be leaky. I want to sell the Kushies and get more Kissaluvs at this point.

??????

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 04-13-2006, 11:33 AM

Honestly, the most absorbant & best dipes I have are all WAHM-made!! Kissaluvs FIT really great though!!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#3 of 14 Old 04-13-2006, 06:53 PM

I have a prefold stash (green stitching) that I'm now using on my third.
I've replaced covers over the years, and I like Bummis Super Whisper Wrap, Imse Vimse day/night, and I was just given someone's gently used Nikkys Wool covers that I am loving. I also bought a Stacinator fleece that is very impressive.

Ds is already at 15lbs so I'm starting to think about my next round of covers, last time I loved Fuzzi Bunz so I might get more of them. I like the pocket diapes with prefolds and hemp liners.
#4 of 14 Old 04-13-2006, 06:59 PM

Honestly for newborn I loved prefolds - absorbent and VERY adjustable.

Single mom of 2 boys
#5 of 14 Old 04-13-2006, 08:34 PM

I'm using homemade VB AIOs... we love them. Except for nighttime

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!
#6 of 14 Old 04-13-2006, 08:50 PM

We're using diaper service: prefolds and Proraps. I HATE them! DD is tiny (just hit 7lbs at 1 month), and the diapers are so darned bulky that she can't put her legs together . . . they gap at the waist AND at the leg openings . . . the cloth diapers don't contain her poops too terribly well, so we are regularly having to wash the covers because the leg gussets are covered in poop. Unfortunately my MIL bought us six months of service, so we are kind of stuck with it.

I just found a Trading Post listing selling preemie Fuzzi Bunz, so I am going to pick up some of those and check them out . . . if they work well, perhaps we can find some way to "use up" the diaper service $$$--the service also sells swim diapers; maybe we can buy and resell?
#7 of 14 Old 04-13-2006, 11:00 PM

I'm using Kissaluv 0's with a variety of covers (Prorap, SWW, Stacinator, Imse Vimse Day, etc.) and a bunch of ReUse'Ems AIO's. I love them both, but neither last more than three or four hours -- not good enough for overnight. I also have one small size Happy Heiny's pocket which I like but don't have enough experience with to know if it's more or less absorbant than the others. I haven't had any poop blowouts, though -- both the Kissaluv's elastic legs and the AIO's double layer have held beautifully. We've only had poop leak through to the cover twice.

She's going to outgrow the Kissaluv's really soon, unfortunately. My mom will get us whatever mediums we need, but I don't know what's best yet.
#8 of 14 Old 04-13-2006, 11:48 PM

I have a whole bunch of no name diapers, no idea where they came from, no idea what they are, but they were free and I'm not complaining. Not to mention they work great. And we have two bug 'n bean bottoms diapers that I'm in love with. I'm about to get a custom vb once my money gets back into pp. I can see me spending on one diaper what I've already spent on all the diapers that we're using now.
#9 of 14 Old 04-13-2006, 11:57 PM

I'm using pretty much all prefolds with bummis super whisper wraps and proraps covers. I do have a very baby simply nights night time diaper that I love to use for night time. In fact, I'm trying to get dh to let me get another...
#10 of 14 Old 04-14-2006, 06:36 PM

We have a huge stash of Motherease and a smaller stash of prefolds. We're using the prefolds now b/c the Motherease are still a bit bit for Maria's little rear, but I can't wait to start using the Motherease dipes. They're the greatest. We never, ever, in 2.5 years of diapering, had a leak or a blowout with those.

Christine , wife of Ron , mama to Tony (4-25-03) and Maria (3-19-06) :
#11 of 14 Old 04-14-2006, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I love Moterease Xsmall...I'm going to sell my Kushies Ultras and buy some AIO's from Motherease. I have ultimate faith in that company....only problem with their AIO's is that they don't come in Xsmall like the Sandy's. Right now we are having to do disposables (YUCK!!!!!) part time because most of my stash is Kushies which I don't trust. I can't wait until this all comes together.

I love my cloth wipes from www.weceedee.com!!!!

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
#12 of 14 Old 04-14-2006, 10:12 PM

We mostly used prefolds and bswws during the first few weeks. I'm currently using small fuzzi bunz and wonderoos. Both are a bit big, but as he's already closing in on 12 lbs., they won't be for long.

I wasn't as impressed with the KL0s as I thought I would be, and ended up selling them already.
#13 of 14 Old 04-14-2006, 10:15 PM

I have been using both prefolds and BizzyBHive, Muttaqin, and Firefly nb fitteds. I sold my Kissaluvs from my first because I didn't like the way they fit on the upper setting. The BBH's only fit well to about 10 lbs. I'll probably sell all but the Mutts. I have Bummi SWW covers and knit wool. Leo's 11-12 lbs and this in between size is annoying--by 13 lbs he should fit well into the bigger ones, I hope.

Mama to Peter (3/8/04), Leo (3/12/06), Timothy (7/24/10), and boy #4 due on the summer solstice 2014
#14 of 14 Old 04-15-2006, 02:06 AM

We are transitioning from diaper service prefolds and prowraps to Fuzzi Bunz!! Yay!

They are So SOFT!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page