Draven's first doc appt - Awesome! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-17-2006, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!
#2 of 4 Old 04-17-2006, 04:36 PM

Sounds like a keeper. Doese he believe it is necessary to do WBV so often?

Kiya- Mama to 3 growing Son's. Waldorf joy.gifDoula  hug.gif  Making Recycled Woolens and Trainers every spare moment.
#3 of 4 Old 04-17-2006, 04:40 PM

Aw, I'm so happy for you! Having a good doctor can make a world of difference. (With DS, we started off with a not-so-good one, so I know that from experience.)

I had a similar experience when choosing DS and DD's new doc. One of the first things she said at our initial consultation was: "If you need weaning advice, sorry -- I can't help you. I'm still nursing my 3-year-old!" I knew we were going to get along just fine when I heard that.

Sounds like Draven's doing great -- yay! Don't worry about the heart murmur. It's pretty common and often completely harmless. I've got one myself.

Christine , wife of Ron , mama to Tony (4-25-03) and Maria (3-19-06) :
#4 of 4 Old 04-19-2006, 06:29 PM

Wow, sounds awesome! Ou doc is pretty cool, but he did kind of give me hell about the homebirth and a couple of other things. He doesn't appear to be very enlightened about that whole process. He is pro-bf, but his office in general is not. They have formula pens, formula coupons, formula samples, etc...I don't think he understands why that isn't pro-BF. : Yes, you SAY I should BF, but have you looked around your office? Hello!

Anyway, sounds like a lovely doc. I don't worry too much about my ped - I don't really care if he thought I should have had Eve at home, I already did it and I would do it again. He doesn't bother me. But it is MUCH less stressful if you know you aren't going to be needled and heckled about everything you do. It makes those visits much nicer!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page