slight spotting 9wks post-partum? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 04-26-2006, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anybody else have post-partum (pp) flow that stopped, then a couple weeks later they had spotting?

My pp bleeding stopped at about 6 weeks. Now I'm at 9 weeks, or thereabouts, and I noticed a slight pink/brown tinge when I wipe. I haven't had sex recently, I've been breastfeeding constantly so I don't think it could be my period, and I can't figure out what it is! Part of the reason I'm a little freaked about it is that we had unprotected sex twice in the last couple of weeks. I didn't get my peroid until my twins were 17 months old, so I thought unprotected sex would be fine at 7 weeks pp!

Sorry about all the personal info here....just looking for someone to say they've had some random spotting, too..... :......

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 04-26-2006, 02:16 PM

You found one!!
My PP bleeding stopped after 4 days. Then at 3 weeks I had bleeding that lasted one day (most of a day) and I thought - GREAT!! BFing like crazy & THIS happens...B U T ...it stopped & was more "clotty" than a period (TMI maybe, sorry ) so I'm quite sure it wasn't. I haven't had any bleeding since. (DD is just over 5 weeks old.) I was kind of nervous about the whole "sex" aspect of it also - but, well, whatever. I'm one of those rare silly moms who wouldn't bat an eyelash at being pregnant again...*runs to hide*

*exit stage right*

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#3 of 10 Old 04-26-2006, 04:34 PM

Me too. My pp bleeding stopped around 2 weeks & I had some spotting again last week (5 wks pp) for 3 days or so. Hope it's normal....!
#4 of 10 Old 04-28-2006, 12:44 AM

Me too. I'm 8 weeks out - still spotting pretty regularly - hoping everything is okay. Can't decide whether I care enough to go get checked - it's only a very very small amount of fluid-
#5 of 10 Old 04-28-2006, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

THank you! It's good to know I'm not the only one spotting a little... and I can let go of the pregnancy worry!

rmzbm~ if we didn't already have plans to adopt #4, I wouldn't have worried so much, either! ....though having four kids under 5 years would have been kinda crazy in this particular house....

#6 of 10 Old 04-28-2006, 05:13 PM

Yep! It was at nine weeks, too!
#7 of 10 Old 04-28-2006, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOakMomma
rmzbm~ if we didn't already have plans to adopt #4, I wouldn't have worried so much, either!
Oh, I hadn't heard - CONGRATS!!!!! 4 is wonderful...but more is better!!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#8 of 10 Old 05-02-2006, 12:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
No spotting here, but still achy in the nether regions. No tears or episiotomy - wtf?

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#9 of 10 Old 05-02-2006, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Is it possible your dr/midwife could have missed a slight tear or skid?

Maybe you're sore because of muscles that haven't bounced back yet...are you doing Kegel exercises?

I'd mention it to your caregiver...they'll probably know right away what it is and if it's normal.

#10 of 10 Old 05-11-2006, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Waaaaaaay TMI......I went for my OB check-up & then two days later I took Samual for his 2 month visit (yesterday) & had our family doc check me. She used to deliver babies & is very holistic. She examined me & said that I just feel stretched out from birth & that the bulge is my front vag. wall. She recommended Kegeling & jumping on a trampoline!

I have been checking out this site called Whole Woman about prolapse & non-surgical alternatives for living with it & the woman who runs it says that it's more of a problem with the "fascia" being stretched & that my pelvis is "stretched & deformed" from pregnancy/birth (not uncommon.) She said it isn't uncommon for things to tighten up in young women after giving birth - let's hope!! Thankfully my uterus/cervix are pretty high up there, phew!

Almost 9 wks now & still pretty achy by the end of the day.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!

User Tag List