Someone has to be the first poster, right? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2
April 2006 > Someone has to be the first poster, right?
Milkymommi's Avatar Milkymommi 05:43 PM 07-29-2005
Joining the club with another BFP a few days ago... 2 BFP's actually LOL

I had DH buy a Firt Response for me and he came home with the 2 pack. So cute :-) I was 3 days late and since we weren't actually ttc I was a bit shocked to see the 2nd line form in bright pink before the control line even came up! We took the 2nd test just because LOL

It's definately the real thing... a surprise but a fun one. We were going to try again but not until December or January so it's just a little earlier that's all. This is #4 for us but including our recently adopted teenager it makes 5!

I am a little over 4 weeks so it looks like I fit right in with everyone else here My edd so far is April 5th and I noticed another Mama with the same. Oh I'm also nursing still too... my guy is 3 1/2 though so hardly a baby but he's my baby still

Looking forward to our journey together!

maxwill129's Avatar maxwill129 12:24 AM 07-30-2005
Congrats to all you mamas! I really thought I would get to join you guys this month, but I guess that's not going to happen. I wish you all the best of luck with your pregnancies!

Shannon
txgal's Avatar txgal 02:27 AM 07-31-2005
Adding my name to the April Due Date list. BFP this morning, EDD April 8th. This will be #2 for us. Ds is 16 months, and still nursing, I hope he doesn't wean during this pregnancy. I am telling my mom tomorrow, I made Ds a shirt that says I'm Going To Be A BIG BROTHER!!! He will wear it when we go to see her. We will tell the rest of the family in the next few days, I can't stand to keep this a secret!!!!
Stormintheattic's Avatar Stormintheattic 07:04 PM 07-31-2005
Can I join you ladies? Even though I didn't have a clue what BFP stands for until I checked it in the acronyms thread...something to do with testing positive...well I did that! Always having low HCG the first couple of weeks, it was only positive now when my EDD (see, I do get that!) is early April..personally I am counting on mid-April as my DC were both very late.
So its #3 for us, DS is 2½, DD is 16 MO, I'll be 29 in August. Only told my mom so far.
No symptoms just yet. With my first 2 pregnancies I slept 20 hours a day for the first 3 months. Fingers crossed for another 8 weeks of awakeness.
Nothing much to say for now other than I'd love to chat for the next 9 months with you ladies. Hope you don't mind my crappy English. Being from the Netherlands it's only my 2nd language.
celestialdreamer's Avatar celestialdreamer 09:20 PM 07-31-2005
Congrats to the new BFPs! I hope you have a very healthy and happy pregnancy!

We told our parents last night and they were SO shocked and excited! My mom yelled "YAY!!!!" when she opened up her card :LOL They were trying to give us name suggestions last night already. I'm starting to let myself get a little excited too... Feeling somewhat the same as I have been, only WAY more tired. In fact, I think I am off to join dd with her nap.
bellee's Avatar bellee 12:05 AM 08-01-2005
Congrats to all the BFPs !!!!!!!
txgal's Avatar txgal 02:08 AM 08-01-2005
I told my mom today!!! DS and I met her at the airport, she had a 2 hour layover. She was on her way home from my brother's, where she was at the birth of their 4th child. I had made a shirt for DS that read "I'm Going to be a BIG BROTHER". It took her a few minutes to see it and then she was like "Oh my Goodness, Your gonna be a big brother?" She was very happy for us. We took pictures of her holding DS with the shirt on.

Lydia
JennInSeattle's Avatar JennInSeattle 09:26 PM 08-01-2005
Well count me in this club too, I just found out a little over an hour ago and haven't told anyone in real life.. I just want someone to get excited! lol After m/c's it's harder to get excited but I really want to be!

Nathan's still nursing and I've not enjoyed nursing him for the most part for many months but I don't think I'll force him to wean even if I'd like to, I'm already dry on one side but he still continues to try and nurse on it.

And that's about it, I'm hoping for many months filled with prayer and a healthy pregnancy to come.
zion's Avatar zion 02:35 PM 08-02-2005
hi everyone. just got a faint line today!! 4/12/06 edd. can't wait to get to kow you all!!
celestialdreamer's Avatar celestialdreamer 03:48 PM 08-03-2005
Congrats to Lydia, Jenn and zion! Have healthy and happy pregnancies!
happiestmomma's Avatar happiestmomma 10:04 PM 08-03-2005
I'm delurking to join you ladies, too, with an EDD of 4/11/05. After 5 HPT's, I think it's really setting in that I actually DID receive the gift I asked for my birthday!
I have my first blood draw tomorrow morning to check my levels...here's hoping my progesterone levels are okay enough that I don't have 10+ weeks more of the blood draws every 48 hours.
This is #2 for us, DS is 30 months old and will be so excited to be a big brother. We don't plan to announce for several weeks, since we announced our last pg really early and then lost it at 8 weeks last August.
Here's to a happy, healthy 9 months to all of us!
FarmerCathy's Avatar FarmerCathy 01:01 PM 08-04-2005
I took a test thinking it was too soon for anything to show-up, but low and behold I got not just a faint , but a pretty good line. I'm going to test again on Saturday just to make sure.

Oh my, I can't believe it. 2.5 years and I'm finally here! Woohoo!

Yeah! To everyone else on here too! I'm just still in shock.
kyle98sean02's Avatar kyle98sean02 01:25 PM 08-04-2005
Congrats everyone. This April board looks like its going to be nice and busy I am so excited to finally be here
FarmerCathy's Avatar FarmerCathy 11:01 PM 08-04-2005
Hi all! Can anyone make me feel better? I used an e.p.t. test this morning and then I looked at pee on a stick.com and they had a page about that specific brand testing false-positive's. Did anyone else use the same brand of test? The thing is though I really do feel pregnant and have been bloated and gassy for the last few days. Plus all the frequent urinating and slite nausea and my boobs hurt.
2+twins's Avatar 2+twins 11:50 PM 08-04-2005
I dunno - but it sounds like pregnancy to me. How about trying a different brand?
ladylee's Avatar ladylee 10:31 AM 08-05-2005
Joining in, too! EDD 4/10, more than likely. This will be #3 for me-I have two beautiful daughters ages 5 and almost 2. I had a miscarriage nine months ago-this conception took place right around what would have been the due date. First appointment this morning!
celesterra's Avatar celesterra 11:20 AM 08-05-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathysteck
Hi all! Can anyone make me feel better? I used an e.p.t. test this morning and then I looked at pee on a stick.com and they had a page about that specific brand testing false-positive's. Did anyone else use the same brand of test?
I can! I can! I did an EPT digital yesterday, got a positive, and confirmed with a beta! I think you're in the clear, Cathy!!!
FarmerCathy's Avatar FarmerCathy 11:32 AM 08-05-2005
Thanks celestra! I feel better today! I took another test and got the same result and my temp shot up this morning and am still having pregnancy symptoms. My temp. had gone down yesterday, but only to my lowest high of my triphasic temps. so that didn't help, but it shot up to 98.5 this morning and that makes me feel much better.
kyle98sean02's Avatar kyle98sean02 12:21 PM 08-05-2005
cathysteck!
FreeSpiritMama's Avatar FreeSpiritMama 12:24 PM 08-05-2005
Hi Cathy, one of my tests was a FRER which has apparantly been giving false positives but I have got BFPs on internet cheapies too. Glad your temp is way up and you feel better today
FarmerCathy's Avatar FarmerCathy 01:05 PM 08-05-2005
Thanks Heather! I'm very happy to be here!
FarmerCathy's Avatar FarmerCathy 01:35 PM 08-07-2005
Hope everyone is doing well.
Does everyone else's charts go up and down like mine? Is that normal? My chart is in my sig.

Thanks
Sugar Magnolia's Avatar Sugar Magnolia 09:31 AM 08-10-2005
Hey all. I took a test Monday afternoon and I got a BFP before the control line showed up. I have not had a period since ds was born 19 months ago, but I test every few weeks so I think I am due in April. It will be great to have a support system. I am looking foward to getting to know everyone.

Amy
steelcitysistah's Avatar steelcitysistah 11:20 AM 08-10-2005
Wow - this board is starting to get very busy! That's wonderful!

Congrats to all the new BFP's out there!
Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Hugs and happy, positive vibes to all!
*bejeweled*'s Avatar *bejeweled* 12:15 PM 08-11-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia
Hey all. I took a test Monday afternoon and I got a BFP before the control line showed up. I have not had a period since ds was born 19 months ago, but I test every few weeks so I think I am due in April. It will be great to have a support system. I am looking foward to getting to know everyone.

Amy

Congratulations Sugar Magnolia. : Love the username!
1  2

Up