Someone has to be the first poster, right? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 55 Old 07-21-2005, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just got my BFP today! If this little one sticks (please God!) I will be due 4-2-05! This is my 3rd child - and I am sooooo excited to be pg again!

Looking forward to meeting some other April Mamas-to-be soon! I know that I am really early!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 55 Old 07-21-2005, 06:05 PM

Congratulations! I got a positive test a few days ago, but edd is March 26. I was over 10 days late with ds though, so I better play it safe and join you here. I just posted an introduction in the March due date club about myself. It's a pretty crazy story, but long story short, I started divorce mediation with stbxh on the day my period was due and didn't come. I'm planning to leave the state and start over, so it should be an interesting 9 months for me.

Hope we get to know each other better in the beautiful months of pregnancy!
#3 of 55 Old 07-22-2005, 02:37 AM - Thread Starter

I'm the opposite! I went early with #2 - so I expecting a March baby! LOL

You really do have an interesting 9 months ahead of you. I hope everything works out okay. Are you leaving the state to go to some family or friends? Hope you have lots of loving support out there!

It's after midnight - and I am soooo tired. Time for bed - got to keep telling myself I need to rest up now! I know that pregnancy fatigue will set in soon!

And what timing - my sister's wedding is the 30th - it's going to be a long weekend! I just hope I don't wind up with morning sickness!

Oh - and my little guy is intact too!
#4 of 55 Old 07-22-2005, 08:34 PM

Yes, I do have family there and they are being very supportive.

I am extremely exhausted as well. I want to fall asleep everywhere except my bed at night! It's not a great time to be going through this divorce, but better now than 9 months from now.

Feeling nauseous too. Didn't really get that with ds. I'm nursing too, so I'll be seeing how that develops. I hear from people that mama can get really tired (and have sore nipples) of nursing.
#5 of 55 Old 07-24-2005, 01:53 AM

Hello Ladies!!!

I'll join you Just got my BFP today. I'm so excited. DH and I tried for all of three BD sessions :LOL I've got 2 DDs and this will be my second pregnancy I'll be nursing through

Laureen, hugs to you, I'm glad you'll have some postive support coming your way
#6 of 55 Old 07-24-2005, 01:55 AM

Oh my gosh! Are we in April due dates already?!
I saw this post from the main board, and just thought I'd pop in to congratulate you! Best of luck for a healthy and safe pregnancy and delivery!!

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#7 of 55 Old 07-24-2005, 04:48 PM

Thanks Rach. That was sweet. I know about April. Can you believe it? But it gives us all this time to really appreciate the pregnancy.

Bellee, congratulations! I will be nursing through with my ds, whose two. He just loves, loves, loves to nurse, especially now with all the tension in the air. I'll be sad when I dry up though, so I don't look forward to that. But I'll be happy if he just wants to suck, which I think he enjoys in and of itself. I'll probably be asking for advice about that as we go along. Moms tell me it's pretty hard - that it hurts a lot.
#8 of 55 Old 07-25-2005, 11:02 AM

Congratulation ladies!

Very happy to say that I will be joining you! Got a BFP on Saturday, 7/23, so my EDD will be April 5!
This is the first month that my DH and I began TTC #1 and we're very lucky to have been blessed right away!

Am very excited about the upcoming 9 months - hope that we're all able to get to know each other better throughout our pregnancies!!!
#9 of 55 Old 07-25-2005, 11:51 AM

goepark, nursing through PG can be rough on some. Personally I don't remember it being a big deal at all. My oldest nursed all the way though and continued till babe was 3 months old and I put the kabosh on it. I'm not sure if I'll wean dd2 this time or not. I do remmeber that tandum nursing was not really that great (for me) and I cut off dd1 cold turkey at 24 months She still, to this day, cuddles my breasts. I'm hoping dd2 will naturally wean during this PG.

Congrats steelcitysistah!!! How do you fiqure out your duedate anyway??

I tested again today (mainly cuz I had an extra test) and the line was still so faint. But a line is a line is a line......right? I've already told my kids and ILs <ducking>
#10 of 55 Old 07-25-2005, 02:03 PM

Thanks, bellee!

I used some due date calculators online to figure out my EDD. You just enter the date of your last period, your normal cycle length and - on some - the length of you luteal phase. I had no idea about the luteal phase - but the ones that do ask that question have a default number if you're not sure.
If you get a chance to check one out, let us know what your estimated date will be!

And - I notice that you're a wahm! Do you have a website or anything? I dream of being a wahm, but sometimes it seems like it would be so hard to do. I mean - to leave my job which provides our health insurance, etc, and to find the funds and such to get going with something at home.... Can you tell me how you got started? And would you have any words of advice for an aspiring wahm?

Thanks!
Many blessings!
--
Tory
#11 of 55 Old 07-25-2005, 03:09 PM

Oh, my WAHMness doesn't supplement our income really. It's just a hobby and I use the money for more supplies or a nice night out with DH or McDonald's for the kids :LOL

My site is:http://www.wonderfulwares.com I worked up untill my oldest was 9mo. That's how I got more into Natural Family Living. We started using cloth dipes, made our own houshold cleaners, started cooking from scratch etc...it really really saved us enough money for me not to work. We even bought a home just on DH's salery!!! I'd be happy to share more money saving tips with you and I think there's a "frugle living" board here at MDC somewhere. Let me know if you can't find it. MDC can get quite hard to navigate with all the boards sometimes :LOL

I'll check my due date and get back to you
#12 of 55 Old 07-25-2005, 03:12 PM

It said my EDD would be 3/28 but I've always gone late so I'll just stay here, is that ok with everyone??
#13 of 55 Old 07-25-2005, 07:00 PM

Hi everybody. I just found out yesterday that I am due 4/1. I went early with ds#1, so who knows if I'll have an April Fools Day baby. I look forward to getting to know you all!

OT: Does anybody know how to edit my sig? Or could you tell me how to do it. I can't figure it out. Thanks!
#14 of 55 Old 07-25-2005, 08:02 PM

Just go to your user CP (almost at top in the left corner) and then click on "edit signature" in the left cloumn

Congrats
#15 of 55 Old 07-25-2005, 09:07 PM

I just got a faint positive (but definitely pink and came up in the right time!) this afternoon so I guess I am joining this group! I should be due 4/4/05 according to my O date. I am praying this is a very sticky healthy baby!!! I am completely in shock! I don't have any real 'pregnancy symptoms' but it has felt like razor blades on my nipples when dd is nursing, and I have had cramps on and off instead of my normal constant AF cramps. SO happy to be joining you all! YAY!

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#16 of 55 Old 07-25-2005, 09:32 PM

congrats rebecca!
#17 of 55 Old 07-26-2005, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Boy - I didn't stop by for a day - and all these new BFPs!!!! yay! Our little April Club is growing quickly!

Congrats to all the new testers!
#18 of 55 Old 07-26-2005, 01:43 PM

I'm joining you! I just tested positive yesterday. I'm so incredibly thrilled to be here -- I want to tell EVERYBODY!!!!!! I'm 30 years old, and this is my first baby. DH & I were so blessed to get lucky on our first try. (Though he might not share the same view about being "lucky." He probably wanted a few more months of trying. Heeheehee!)

My due date is April 2, although my OB's office says sometime in late March, but those lame pregnancy wheels don't account for the fact that my cycles are normally 31 days, not 28. My mom went 2 weeks late with both me and my sister, so I'm fairly certain this will be an April baby.

Looking forward to spending the next 9 months with you, and best wishes for happy, healthy, sticky pregnancies to you all!
#19 of 55 Old 07-26-2005, 02:43 PM

Congratulations to all the new BFPs!!!
#20 of 55 Old 07-26-2005, 09:20 PM

Congratulations to everyone! I, too, am expecting in April...#3! Woo hoo! I'm only 4 weeks, but I'm showing already!!!! oh boy!!!!
#21 of 55 Old 07-26-2005, 10:01 PM

Congrats to the new BFPs!! How is everyone feeling? I was a bit queasy this am, and I'm still having on and off cramps but I otherwise I feel pretty normal. I tested again this am and line was a little darker! I guess its starting to sink in that I'm actually pregnant ... :LOL I just want a test with a dark line or a digital 'pregnant' then I will feel more comfortable.

~Rebecca~

#22 of 55 Old 07-27-2005, 12:07 AM

Congrats Triv SHowing ALready!! I've lost so much weight that I'm hoping to wear my clothes for 4-5 months. I'm on #3 too...Am I dreaming :LOL

I'm feeling good Hungary and tired, just as expected I do have some pain in my uterus when I move (twist/bend/sit up) but that's been the case in all my PGs thus far. It seems to worsen each time but really, I'm not complaining. I am however complaing about my two fresh, red ZITS!!! I mean, come on. I'm nearly 30 for cryin out loud!!!
#23 of 55 Old 07-27-2005, 08:29 AM

Yes, Bellee...my little belly is already "pooching out!"...oh my! I remember I didn't show with my first until I was 5 months along and probably about 3 months along with the second...but, my third...now, that's a different story! My dh doesn't seem to think it's that obvious at all, but I do!
#24 of 55 Old 07-27-2005, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellee
I do have some pain in my uterus when I move (twist/bend/sit up) but that's been the case in all my PGs thus far. It seems to worsen each time but really, I'm not complaining. I am however complaing about my two fresh, red ZITS!!! I mean, come on. I'm nearly 30 for cryin out loud!!!
I have that same pain too! I had it alot with my dd and I was sure at the time that I had 'popped' something in there :LOL Oh and about the skin issue...I have these little tiny white bumps on my chest that I had when I was pg with my dd! I saw those on Sunday and thought it was kinda weird since I have only had that when pg!

I'm in the process of trying to cut out my morning cup of chai tea. Of course I feel like I need it more than normal though cause I'm so tired! I'm trying to cut back on it slowly so I don't end up with a headache. I just started drinking it about 2 months ago every am, but before that I hadn't had caffiene since I found out I was pg with Anna. One of my first symptoms with her was not being able to drink my morning latte.

~Rebecca~

#25 of 55 Old 07-29-2005, 12:04 AM

hey everyone...throwing caution to the wind by posting here. we have been trying for a year now and just got our bfp last week! we're just praying that this one sticks. we've had two m/c's in the last year with the most recent miscarriage occuring in April of this year. we didn't m/c until 11 weeks so it's so hard not to worry with this one. anyway, i hope to be here for the next 9 months!

as for the nursing during pregnancy....ds nursed during my pregnancy and although it was sensitive i wouldn't say it was painful. he ended up weaning since the milk dried up.

it really is so great to be here. being pregnant is such a blessing.....and i'm so grateful to finally be here.
#26 of 55 Old 07-29-2005, 03:44 AM

Congratulations everyone, especially you first-timers. The first time is always special. There will be something special about every baby, but the first time is so new and exciting.

Thanks Bellee for your opinion. I may have an easy time of it, and may not have to be too concerned. I guess we'll see.

I have tender nipples now, but certainly not to celestialdrmrmama's extent it sounds like. Do your nipples hurt a lot? To the point you're not enjoying nursing?

Hope to get to know you all better.
#27 of 55 Old 07-29-2005, 12:36 PM

I'm doing ok with nursing mostly. I just have to grit my teeth a little sometimes :LOL There have been a few times in the last 2 days were I have offered to let her nurse, she latches on and then pulls off (and gets off my lap) after about 10 seconds. I hope this isn't the start of weaning, she is so little still...although I have to admit part of me is relieved when she decides not to nurse because it is really uncomfortable sometimes. I'm hoping that part will get a little better and she will not be interrupted yet since I know its something really important to her still.

~Rebecca~

#28 of 55 Old 07-29-2005, 12:46 PM

I clicked post before I was done...preggo brain must be starting early

Jodi- Congrats!! I hope you have a very healthy sticky baby!! I'm so sorry for your prior losses.

So I bought one of those digital pregnancy tests yesterday afternoon and planned on using it on Saturday just to make myself feel sure about the pregnancy. I ended up using it as soon as I got home though :LOL without even waiting to pee a bit...of course it said 'Pregnant' within about 2 minutes. I'm not sure why I thought it was too early for that, just paranoid that my HCG levels were low or something. I'm off to the midwives group today to have a pg test done to 'confirm', and get my prenatal vitamins. They said I will be coming in within the next 2 weeks for an intake appt (where they take an extensive medical/family history) and then won't go in until 10-12 weeks for the 'heartbeat' appt. That seems SO far away!

I also am 'not allowed' to bring dd to the 10-12 week appt (since they do a pap and they don't want her there for that) or to the 20 week u/s (no one under the age of 10 there for some reason). Hopefully she can come to the regular appts besides that though, because she isn't used to being away from me. That honestly would be a deal-breaker for me with this place if I felt they weren't honoring that we really want/need our dd there. Its not like she's in daycare and exposed to lots of germs or running all around the place. Thats my biggest concern as of right now.

~Rebecca~

#29 of 55 Old 07-29-2005, 02:31 PM

Hi all!! I just got my BFP yesterday!! This will be #2 for me. I have an 18 month old DD who is still nursing. We'll see how that goes. I really don't want to force her to wean.
Congrats to all of you. It's so nice to have like minded mamas on a similar journey.
Sarah
#30 of 55 Old 07-29-2005, 02:57 PM

Hi everyone! I just got my BFP (very faint) last night! This will be baby #3 for us - our last one.

Jodi - I lost 2 in between the 2 I have, at 10 & 11 weeks. I can sympathize with how you feel. I've resolved to just enjoy this pregnancy and try not to worry but I know I'll be holding my breath a bit until I pass the 12 week mark. It's so crappy when you can't just enjoy it. I'll send sticky baby vibes your way though.

On the nursing topic - I'm jealous! I wanted to continue to nurse my dd (almost 21 months) but I had to temporarily wean her for a period of 20 days while I took Clomid to ttc. I just pumped & dumped for that period of time. Then when I tried to nurse her again, she had zero interest. I seriously would have had to use force to get her face to my breast! I'm sad, but I'm trying to be okay about it since she apparently is. Oh well.

Glad to be here - I really hope to stay - and looking forward to getting to know everyone. Oh, and I'm not finding out when I'm due but I think it's sometime around Mid-April (I'm trying to view it as a 4 week window).

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page