Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 07-26-2005, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Your first prenatal appt?

Will you be announcing your pregnancy?

did your symptoms start?

Will you feel secure about your pregnancy?

I have an appointment with my midwife 9-7. I was suprised that I will be over 10 weeks the first time I see her. I know I was in maernity clothes by 9-10 weeks with #2 - so I'll be looking pg long before I even talk to my midwife.

I have told my sister so far - that's it. I am looking forward to telling people - but scared too. Thought I would tell after my first appt - but seeing as that's fairly late and I'll probably look pg already - I'll have to tell earlier - at least close family. My sister is getting married Saturday - and I am a little nervous as to how I will handle the heat in that big dress - so I may be telling my mom at least.

My symptoms started around 4DPO - slight nausea (but no getting sick), cramping and tender boobs (very wierd - for nearly 2 weeks now I feel like I am having a milk let down - and I know I am not - but that's exactly what it feels like).

I saw an OB for my first pregnancy - and an OB early in pg last time. Then I switched to my midwife. But that OB gave early u/s - and I was always able to see a baby and heartbeat by 8-9 weeks. I am having a hard time feeling pg - and that everything is okay - knowing that I won't even get a chance to hear a heartbeat until *maybe* 10 weeks - but most likely longer. I keep telling myself that I am a healthy 28-year-old - with no history of problems in either other pregnancies - so everything should be just fine. But I can't help but worry a little.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 07-26-2005, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Yesterday, kinda. I don't have a regular OBGYN, so I was supposed to do a pre-pregnancy/meet & greet session, but I took the test in the morning and found out I was pregnant. We basically just talked, and she answered a bunch of questions I had. I have my first "real" prenatal appointment in a couple of weeks, during my 7th week.

Quote:
To my immediate family, either during the 7th or 8th week, probably after I hear the first heartbeat. All other friends and family, after 12 weeks (that includes my IL's -- according to DH, FIL can't keep his mouth shut). Perfect strangers and Internet friends? They already know! :LOL

Quote:
did your symptoms start?
I haven't been feeling "right" pretty much from the day of ovulation. I had strange cramping that only occurs very occasionally during the first day of my period. One day after working out and showering, I nearly hurled, which has never happened before. Random bouts of queasiness. One night I had a dream and literally woke up crying. So I kind of suspected from the beginning. However, I'm not sure if any of my symptoms were psychosomatic, since I was charting and knew what was going on with my cycle.

Quote:
To be totally honest, I won't feel completely secure until I deliver my baby safe and sound. A few terrible, tragic things have happened recently to people I know that made me realize how we take the miracle of birth almost for granted now. I'll probably feel a bit safer after the 13th week, but I will always have a slight nagging worry in the back of my mind until after delivery.

But hey, I hear the whole worry thing doesn't end at birth, either! I guess mothers will always "worry" about their children until the day they die, right?
#3 of 12 Old 07-26-2005, 03:54 PM

I just got off the phone with my midwife. I go in for my "you're pregnant!" appt. 8/11, and I'll see her at the end of August.

We're going home to my parent's this weekend, so we'll probably tell them then. We'll tell the in-laws after that. My sister already knows.

My symptoms this time around are different than they were with my son. Last time my boobs were VERY sore, but this time, not so much. I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that ds was b/f? However, I have been waking up to pee in the middle of the night. Never happens if I'm not preggo, and also I have had a few nights of heartburn already. ugh.

I think I'll feel a little better after we hear a heartbeat and I'm out of the first trimester. And even better when I can feel it kick pretty consistently.
#4 of 12 Old 07-26-2005, 06:05 PM

nak

probably around 10 weeks or so. i need to find a homebirth mw first. my last two deliveries were in a hospital.
We told the ILs on Sun, and i'll tell my family as i hear from them. i've told all my internet and irl friends already. my policy is that we tell everyone who we would want to know if we miscarry. that definatly includes family and close friends
did your symptoms start?
this week i feel tired and hungary and have been peeing alot, si i guess this week.
i generally feel secure after hearing the babes heartbeat
#5 of 12 Old 07-28-2005, 10:16 AM

Have the first appointment with my midwife on 8/10.

Quite a few people already know about our big news. Our close friends, a few close co-workers, my bosses and my sister.... Going to let his sister and my parents know this weekend as well. Probably won't let anyone else know until after the first trimester.... After that I'll send out an announcement to our extended family and the rest of my co-workers.

did your symptoms start?
My symptoms started pretty early - probably 4 DPO or so.... Boobs were sore and started noticing blue veins becoming visible on them, started feeling nausea and more gassy and started getting really irritable. Oh - and I started having to get up to pee in the middle of the night!

Will feel better after hearing the baby's heartbeat, but probably won't feel completely secure until after the baby is born healthy and safely.
#6 of 12 Old 07-28-2005, 11:54 AM

Not sure yet, I have to call for an appt at the midwife group I want to see. I was planning on taking a digital test on Saturday then calling on Monday. For some reason I feel silly going in right away after getting a + test. I guess thats cause I test super early :

I've told 3 of my closest friends (2 of them live out of state so I know they won't blab LOL) and my DH told him best friend. We will tell our parents together on Saturday evening. We decided to have a BBQ for the whole family that day and we will hand out envelopes with cards in them. The cards will have a pic of our dd on the outside and say 'I have a little secret!' then when you open it, a pic of her holding a sign saying 'I'm going to be a big sister!' and a pic of the digital test. Then at the bottom it will say "Baby S* #2, due April 4th, 2006!" We will not tell anyone but close family and friends until closer to the end of the first trimester.

did your symptoms start?
About 10dpo. Before that I just felt like normal PMS symptoms. I think that was the day of implantation because I had really bad cramps and I was so sure AF was coming. The next am I had the faintest, lightest + hpt you have ever seen :LOL My nipples starting hurting then, and I've been tired ever since. On 12dpo I had a 'real' + test and starting having to pee a little more than normal. Yesterday I started getting nauseous in the evening when we were out to dinner. We were at this really nice restaurant and I couldn't stand the smell of my food. I ended up standing next to the car in the parking lot and gagging for a bit. We were there with my whole family, I sure hope they didn't see me!

I will feel better after hearing the baby's heartbeat, then after a 20 week u/s if I get one (not sure since I haven't seen this midwife group before) but I probably won't relax completely until I have my healthy baby in my arms. I was a nervous wreck through most of my dd's pregnancy. I always found something new to worry about. I guess thats pretty normal, but I hope I can not be stressed out this time.

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#7 of 12 Old 07-29-2005, 02:09 PM

Not sure. I'm handling this pregnancy very different than I ever have. I have a history of miscarriage near the end of the first trimester so I think I'll wait until I pass the 12 week mark. I'm also not certain I'll be using the same midwife I've used in the past (although I adore her). Belle - I've had homebirths with both of mine and will be doing that again.

I'm telling my closer friends & internet friends immediately - basically the people who I feel will understand (geeze I don't even know how to explain this) if I should loose this baby. I don't want to tell either of our parents until we feel more confident that there really will be baby #3. This isn't so much because of the change of another m/c and how they'd respond, but b/c I don't know how receptive they'll be to us breaking the 2 child only mold. So I just want to be sure that's what we're doing before we tell them. I couldn't stand any "it was probably for the best" crap if we should loose this baby.

did your symptoms start?

Pretty much immediately following ovulation. I got the gassy thing - I always get that when I'm pg, and a few days later I started feeling nauseous every evening around 7:30pm. My other common symptoms haven't shown up yet though.

Hmm, this pregnancy is a huge leap of faith for me. Like I mentioned before, I'm handling things very differently. There will be no ultrasound, including the doppler that you use to hear the heartbeat, so I probably won't even hear my baby's heartbeat until 16-20 weeks along! And besides pee-sticks I won't be doing any other testing. I just want a very hands off approach, which I believe to be safest for me. Anyway, I think once my belly is growing regularly and I feel normal movement I'll accept that it's for real and feel as secure as I can until I actually give birth to a safe and healthy baby.

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
#8 of 12 Old 07-30-2005, 04:59 PM

First of all, Hello - I am new to this group...my name is Brooke and I believe we are due in early to mid April with #3. We are so excited!

We usually see our midwife sometime around 12 weeks or so.

I plan on telling our closest friends and family in the next few weeks and letting it slowly "leak" out. As of right now, though, only DH and the internet knows!

did your symptoms start?
I had cramping on 11DPO and thought for sure AF was coming (although, now in hindsight, many things were pointing to pregnancy!) and then my temp shot back up the next morning. I took a nap 11DPO (never do this) and I have had some cramping off and on in my uterus the past few days. I think I am 14DPO right now...

I always feel better after our first appointment with our midwife. I beg her to find the heartbeat with the doppler and then I breathe easy until we have the 20 weeks u/s and provided all looks good, I feel great until close to birth and then very vulnerable again! OUr babies are born at home and we have had two very intense deliveries -- everything has worked out wonderfully, yet for whatever reason, we have intense birth presenations and situations!

Congratulations to everyone here! Thrilled to get to know you all.

I have an appointment with my midwife 9-7. I was suprised that I will be over 10 weeks the first time I see her. I know I was in maernity clothes by 9-10 weeks with #2 - so I'll be looking pg long before I even talk to my midwife.

I have told my sister so far - that's it. I am looking forward to telling people - but scared too. Thought I would tell after my first appt - but seeing as that's fairly late and I'll probably look pg already - I'll have to tell earlier - at least close family. My sister is getting married Saturday - and I am a little nervous as to how I will handle the heat in that big dress - so I may be telling my mom at least.

My symptoms started around 4DPO - slight nausea (but no getting sick), cramping and tender boobs (very wierd - for nearly 2 weeks now I feel like I am having a milk let down - and I know I am not - but that's exactly what it feels like).

I saw an OB for my first pregnancy - and an OB early in pg last time. Then I switched to my midwife. But that OB gave early u/s - and I was always able to see a baby and heartbeat by 8-9 weeks. I am having a hard time feeling pg - and that everything is okay - knowing that I won't even get a chance to hear a heartbeat until *maybe* 10 weeks - but most likely longer. I keep telling myself that I am a healthy 28-year-old - with no history of problems in either other pregnancies - so everything should be just fine. But I can't help but worry a little.[/QUOTE]
#9 of 12 Old 07-30-2005, 09:40 PM

Welcome Brooke.

1. I think I'll wait to make an appointment due to my circumstance. I think I'll move to where I'm moving to and then looking for a midwife, which should be soon. I'm hoping to get an appoint around 10 weeks or so. But I feel like as long as I'm taking my prenatals and eating well, I'm doing okay.

2. I kind of already spilled the beans, though I would normally have waited until I was past my first trimester. I spilled the beans because as I posted before, I'm getting a divorce, and the fact that I'm pregnant matters to a lot of people - family taking me in, and friends from whom I need a lot of support right now.

3. It was weird. I didn't think I was pregnant because I didn't have implantation bleeding nor much implantation pain. I had them both when I got pg with ds, and got pg and miscarried a few months ago. So I just gave up on it. But I did experience nausea the day after conception (as in when I thought I ovulated), and I felt kind of nauseous almost right away after implantation. I also had breast tenderness within a few days of implantation. Then of course the pg test. It was dark and clear a week after implantation. But with my other pg's it took forever to even show up faintly. That is why I'm kind of confident this one will stick. It seems "strong". But who knows. I'm still not totally at ease yet.

4. Definitely by next week (I miscarried around 3 weeks after implantation last time). But more certainly by 10-12 weeks gestation.
#10 of 12 Old 07-31-2005, 10:20 PM

I haven't even contacted the midwives yet. I was thinking about it today and I think I'll contact them this week just to give them a heads up. I'm only a little over 4 weeks so I figure there's plenty of time.

We already did! We told our familes right away and friends just after. LOL We've never been able to hold it in... ever. With all 3 of the others we told right away. DH announced it to our whole fellowship today too so EVERYONE knows now!!

did your symptoms start?

Uuummm... I only had one slight symptom about 3 days after I missed my period which is what made think that I truly was pregnant. While body boarding at the beach I actually got quite sea sick while waiting for a ridable wave. The water was rolling pretty heavily but I have never been one to get sea sick while standing in the water :LOL I tested positive that day. I have just been super tired up till today and this morning I started in with a little breast tenderness but not too bad. They just feel heavier and I'm definately having issues with "headlights" IYKWIM

For some reason I really have a peace about this one. I never had that before. So I'll have to say at this point I feel secure which seems totally out of character for me but I'll go with it.

Ima to Mizz.Jonas- 14, Isman- 12,Javsar- 9, Nani Gweesa- 4 and Baby Micah born into the Universe sleeping at full term Oct. 19th 2008 and Partner to Abba ~ belly.gif8/2011  Grateful to be Dead  broc1.gif
#11 of 12 Old 08-01-2005, 05:04 PM

I just made an appointment for next Monday the 8th, I will be somewhere between 5 and 7 weeks along.

We already told my mom and my best friend, will tell FIL tomorrow and the rest after appointment

did your symptoms start?
I have very few symptoms, maybe a little more hungry. It was the same with my first pregnancy. Can be a bit nerve racking, because I never feel pregnant and always wonder if everything is okay.

I had some issues with low progesterone inmy last preg. and took supplements. I am a little nervous about that this time so will feel better after getting the initial bloodwork done to see where the numbers are.
#12 of 12 Old 08-02-2005, 08:37 AM

I just called. The 22nd of August. The norm here is 12 weeks but there is this test they want me to participate in as this is my 3rd.

Told my mom, who told my dad and sister. They're all really excited (more than I thoght they would be with 1 3rd baby). DH doesn't want to tell his parents yet as they lost a few early pregnancies between their 2nd and 3rd child.

Did your symptoms start?
Yes! For the first time ever I am nauseous (please correct my spelling if its wrong) Weird sensation this. My mom joked about having multiples as I never had this with DS or DD. 1 symptom that I am glad has not set in is sleepiness. I slept for ages with my other 2. And my pants don't fit right either.

When will you feel secure about your pregnancy?
The nausea is kinda making me feel more secure.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page