Progesterone Update - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-04-2005, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, after my PCP told me my levels were fine, I was still concerned and called my old midwives. I'm going to go to a new practice that does homebirths. ANyway, the midwife I used last time said my levels were too low, and wanted to call in the suppositories for me. But now they want to do an ultrasound at 8 weeks to check for dates and viability because the progesterone can hold onto a pregnancy that is not viable. Experiences please?
Trisha

hh2.gif

#2 of 4 Old 08-04-2005, 11:55 AM

First of all Do you know what your levels are? I lost my last baby we think from low progesterone, but we couldnt get my levels above 10 even with supplements. I did bleed while taking it, but my numbers were extremely low.
#3 of 4 Old 08-04-2005, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

10.2 at 12dpo.

hh2.gif

#4 of 4 Old 08-04-2005, 01:43 PM

I have low progesterone issues too. The second baby I lost was while I was on prog. suppositories. I didn't start those until just after getting a BFP. I'm now on them again (after 2 losses then 1 success) but I began taking them 3 days past ovulation which I guess is supposed to be a lot more effective. I also took clomid (even though we conceive w/o it just fine now) and for some reason that totally boosts my progesterone levels (like to 2nd trimester numbers). I suspect I don't need the suppositories at all but I take them just in case. So anyway, my scenario is a bit different but I've lost one while on progesterone, retained one while on it (again I started it just after my bfp but I had taken clomid in addition that time), and I'm on it again now (again with clomid).

Have you considered *not* checking your levels? That's something I thought a lot about this time around. I have a lab slip in the drawer just waiting for me to use it, but in the end I opted not to know. What difference will it make? As sad as it is, if you're going to m/c you're going to m/c and starting progesterone now I can't imagine would change that. I just took a huge leap of faith and am attempting to enjoy the pregnancy and hope for the best. If I do m/c, I'll obviously know it.

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page