Baby items - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 08-05-2005, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What will you guys need for this new baby? If it is not your first.

If it's a boy, we'll need some gender specific clothes, some small cloth diapers, an extra base for our baby bucket, and then a regular carseat... I can't think of anything else. Jog my memory!

hh2.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 20 Old 08-05-2005, 10:45 AM

We'll need clothes if baby is a girl and small CDs as DS was 6months when we started to CD. I also want to try some different slings, maybe the mobywrap. I expect we will get a new baby car seat too as DS's will be 4yrs old. I can't think of anything else!
#3 of 20 Old 08-05-2005, 11:16 AM

Can you experienced mamas share your sling experiences? There are so many choices - and some of them are so $$$ - how do you decide?

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#4 of 20 Old 08-05-2005, 11:17 AM

If its a girly I need clothes. I need to make some diapers and will need a few nursing bras. I already own a million slings and carriers and have a stroler for longer trips. I have an infant carrier and would LOVE another Britax marathon. If I cant swing that, I will get a booster once the baby outgrows the infant carrier and move my then 4 yo into a booster.
#5 of 20 Old 08-07-2005, 10:52 PM

We need just about everything. I got rid of all the baby clothes and most equiptment and toys when we moved 18 months ago.

So I need all new baby clothing - regardless of gender - and things like blankets, socks, etc. too. I still have my slings (thankfully) and our crib (DS is still sleeping in that now) - but not much else.

I never cloth diapered a newborn - so I have to get tiny baby diapers too!
#6 of 20 Old 08-08-2005, 01:12 PM

I haven't really thought about it too much yet. Lets see....if we have a boy then we need all clothes, and to set up a new bedroom for him (not that I think the baby will sleep in it, I assume we will really just end up with an addition to our family bed :LOL ). Either way I need some more newborn & small cloth diapers and wool/fleece covers, which I will either make or buy on the TP. I actually have already been collecting some newborn fitted diapers on the TP in the last few months :

If we have a girl she will be sharing a room with dd. I will probably buy a second set of the same bedding Anna has so they would have matching stuff. We haven't decided if we will have Anna keep her crib that turns into a toddler bed, or give that to the new baby and get her a toddler bed that turns into a full. We have TONS of girl clothes, although we could use a few more newborn tshirts and the little mitts to keep them from scratching themselves.

We already have a sling (a Maya Wrap ring sling which we ) and an infant carseat (dd is in a convertible that turns into a booster now). Honestly we don't really need that much, but if we don't find out the sex I'm not sure how I'm going to cope with my overplanning habit :LOL I guess I'd just buy a few yellow newborn onesies/sleepers and gender neutral diapers and call it good. I don't really have to have the baby's 'room' set up anyway, dd has only slept in hers for naps just recently... I just like all the setting up!

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#7 of 20 Old 08-08-2005, 01:17 PM

I don't think we will need much, if anything. We already one of each -- a boy and a girl, so whatever this child is it will probably be adequately clothed for at least a while. And as for all the baby supplies -- I think we have all we need. I may consider purchasing a new infant car seat just because our current one is getting old... But that's just a maybe.
#8 of 20 Old 08-09-2005, 04:23 PM

We have a boy and a girl already, but they're off-season from one another (girl in June and boy in November). This baby is due in April, so if it's a boy we'll *definately* need clothing because all of our tiny boy clothing is for winter. If it's a girl, we'll probably only need a few long-sleeved outfits to get us through to the summer, unless this is my long-awaited moose baby, in which case we'll need clothing anyway. :LOL BooBah is quite petite; this summer she's wearing mostly 6-9 month sizes.

We're really going to need a double or triple stroller when the new baby arrives, and I desperately need new bras; other than that, we're all good.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#9 of 20 Old 08-09-2005, 04:28 PM

If baby's a girl, CLOTHES! Then my standards: Hyland's homeopathic baby tablets (all varieties), Well-in-Hand's New Mama Tush Soak, a new infant car seat (ours was stolen with our vehicle a few years ago), and that's all I can think of. OH! I'd really like diaper pants that snap on and off in every size, so I don't have to fully take EVERYTHING off to change a diaper. (((((HUGS))))) sandi
#10 of 20 Old 08-09-2005, 05:35 PM

I don't really need anything. DS is only 2, DD is 1 so clothes and diapers are still pretty new and I don't really use a lot of "stuff". All I want is a new cover for my nursing pillow and maybe a new babycarrier, my older one is getting holey.
But I am sure Ill spend the next 9 months knitting a baby-item a week...and so will my mom and MI.
#11 of 20 Old 08-09-2005, 05:40 PM

This is my first so I will need all of the essentials. I don't want more than I need though. To you second, third, fourth time mamas...What are the items you couldn't live without??
#12 of 20 Old 08-09-2005, 06:32 PM

I'm going to : this baby, and I've never even SEEN a cloth diaper. Isn't that deep? So I'm gonna need lots of guidance. Otherwise, I don't really need a thing.

I'd like to get an upright freezer, but that's not really baby related and has been on our list for a while.

As far as things that I really loved having with baby #1:

co-sleeper. loved it!
lanolin for sore nipples. couldn't have done w/out it.
lots of gowns for easy diaper changes.
lots of onesies.
receiving blankets.
gas drops for baby.

oh, i'd like to get one of those baby sleep blankets/bags that have the zipper. those are nice.

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
#13 of 20 Old 08-09-2005, 07:38 PM

Hmm, I'm sure I'll buy some more clothes although we don't plan to find out the sex in advance. But I like clothes shopping so there! Oh, and this baby is born at a totally different time of year then my other 2 were so that will pretty much mean that s/he will need a whole new wardrobe regardless of the sex.

The baby will co-sleep with us exclusively at least until s/he can roll off the bed and then maybe I'll need something safer for alone naps. Oh, I do want to get an Amby bed for naps so I can have the baby sleep in the family room or something when I'm out there. Those look so nice.

I don't need a new carseat. I have the Britax Companion (which cost a fortune) from last time so I'll re-use that. Oh, a new car! That's a big one. It's not possible to fit another car seat in our car so we'll have to move on up!

Cloth diapers. Lanolin - always - not just for me but it is THE BEST thing ever for diaper rashes. I might try a new sling or two.

Oh, I don't have a sling rec right now but I love my Kangaroo Korner adjustable cotton pouch. Will probably get the fleece model for the wintertime.

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
#14 of 20 Old 08-09-2005, 09:35 PM

I can't wait to buy itty bitty newborn or small cloth diapers. I use wonderoos with dd and those will work fine once the new one is a month or two old, but I *have* to get my hands on some tiny fluff!!!

Also, my mom has a britax marathon that she uses for DD & I'm pretty sure I can talk her into handing it over so hopefully that is taken care of. But a freezer... for all the meals I'll be making ahead... that does sound nice (what, who's nesting?)
#15 of 20 Old 08-10-2005, 12:31 AM

If it's a girl, it'll need clothes, especially wee ones. When ds was born we got soooo many gifts and hand me downs...all baby blue. I dress him pretty gn now, so she'll be able to wear his shorts and tees, etc.
I need small CDs also, since we started in cloth when ds was 5 months. I'm planning to knit a lot of soakers, and use prefolds and some fitteds until the baby grows into the dipes I have.
Otherwise, we have a lot...sling, strollers, infant seat, etc. I think I'll need new nursing bras and a fresh supply of lansinoh and gripe water....
#16 of 20 Old 08-10-2005, 01:02 AM

OH! I also LOVE Burt's Bees diaper cream~it works even on the yeasty rashes. GOTTA HAVE IT! (((((HUGS))))) sandi
#17 of 20 Old 08-11-2005, 11:09 AM

If it's a boy I definately need boy clothes. The only things I can think of it a double jogging stroller so I can take DD and the new baby walking/ jogging and a new convertible/ toddler car seat. Otherwise, I think I'm pretty much good to go! LOL
#18 of 20 Old 08-11-2005, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norasmom
I can't wait to buy itty bitty newborn or small cloth diapers. I use wonderoos with dd and those will work fine once the new one is a month or two old, but I *have* to get my hands on some tiny fluff!!!

Also, my mom has a britax marathon that she uses for DD & I'm pretty sure I can talk her into handing it over so hopefully that is taken care of. But a freezer... for all the meals I'll be making ahead... that does sound nice (what, who's nesting?)
Hi Norasmom, what type of cds do u use? I'm just starting my research.

Faith

#19 of 20 Old 08-11-2005, 02:48 PM

bejeweled- we use Wonderoos primarialy now, they ar a onesize fits all pocket diaper. We use infant size chinese pre folds to stuff them with. We also use prorap covers, the best bang for your buck in my opinion, and tri folded pre folds. For the new baby I will probably either get some variety of a newborn pocket diaper or do kissaluvs size 0 fitteds with prorap covers.

Happy researching, I know it's hars but try not to buy for quite a while untill you have an idea of all of your options and what direction you want to go in. If you are interested I could put together a sample pack of what I have for you to check out. I would need you to pay the shipping and probably something to cover the cost of the dipes if you want to keep them.
#20 of 20 Old 08-15-2005, 03:37 PM

Hi Norasmom,
Thanks so much for this info. I think I'm getting the idea of stuffing pockets with cpfs now. That took me awhile.......... This is really great info that I'll certainly be referring back to. Thanks for the offer to sample yours. I'll let you know once I get a little further along..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by norasmom
bejeweled- we use Wonderoos primarialy now, they ar a onesize fits all pocket diaper. We use infant size chinese pre folds to stuff them with. We also use prorap covers, the best bang for your buck in my opinion, and tri folded pre folds. For the new baby I will probably either get some variety of a newborn pocket diaper or do kissaluvs size 0 fitteds with prorap covers.

Happy researching, I know it's hars but try not to buy for quite a while untill you have an idea of all of your options and what direction you want to go in. If you are interested I could put together a sample pack of what I have for you to check out. I would need you to pay the shipping and probably something to cover the cost of the dipes if you want to keep them.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page