Having a hard time finding prenatal care. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-08-2005, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We just moved to AZ from CA and I managed to get pregnant before I found a provider out here that I like. Out of 8 doctors I called on my healthcare list, 4 dont do prenatal care anymore, 1 can get me in in the middle of Sept and 1 is supposed to be calling me back. I have an appointment scheduled for Thursday, but I had to pull teeth to get that dr.s office to get me in. I wouldnt be in such a hurry, i have just had a few m/c's back to back and I need by beta done and a progesterone check since I historically have low progesterone. I read an article about the high # of dr.s who are deciding against delivering babies because of liability insurance but never thought about it in CA where there are a million dr.s and midwives. There is 1 midwife 30 miles away, but she wont see "high risk" patients which she considers me with the low progesterone/previous c-sect. This is frustrating. I am having to beg for someone to draw my blood
#2 of 6 Old 08-08-2005, 08:59 PM

I did my original blood draws at my PCP office. Would that be an option?

hh2.gif

#3 of 6 Old 08-09-2005, 12:51 AM - Thread Starter

If I had one When I called a few and said I was a pregnant new patient, they all told me to call an OB
#4 of 6 Old 08-09-2005, 08:52 AM

I live in CA and am in the exact same position-a m/c nine months ago, and the ob/gyn can only see me at the end of september! I called the quality management department of the medical group and insisted I get in sooner.
And I did see a nurse practitioner Friday to get the bloodwork done-is that an option for you?
#5 of 6 Old 08-09-2005, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Yes i am going in to see the NP at one ofice on Thursday. Its not my office of choice, but oh well. At least i will get the numbers and be reassured
#6 of 6 Old 08-09-2005, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

I just posted in the daily thread that the other dr.s office finally called me back I go in today for a blood draw. now I can get a feel for 2 different drs. and they both deliver at different hospitals so I can go check them out and I have a chioce!!!!!! YAY

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page