Celeste - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-08-2005, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got your PM - but your inbox was full - so here's the info about the LV resales.

Hi Celeste! Very cool that we are somewhat local! I've never gone to Conshokocken directly from my house - but we've been to the Ikea several times (but we always stop at my inlaws in Doylestown first - so we go from there). But I'd think an hour to 90 mins is about right.

The resales are hit-or-miss a lot of times - depending what sizes they get it. I live right down the street from one - where I also sell my kids' outgrown clothing - so I stop in pretty regularly.

The stores are all pretty small and don't have the best hours since they are mostly owner-operated. I think most are open Saturdays during the daytime.

The one I go to most is Rock-A-Bye Baby - they have 2 locations and a website! www.rbbk.com - the Hamilton Blvd location is right by my house and is just off I-78 (pretty close to Dorney Park). Their other location is in Whitehall - which is the major shopping area in the Lehigh Valley - 2 larger malls and tons of shopping centers. Babies R Us is also up that way - as well as Burlington Coat Factory (which has the Baby Depot in it).

A little further down the road from my house is Bears repeating - I *think* they have maternity, but I am not sure. I am not crazy about this store - I think their quality is a little lacking at times. I bought more than one item that was stained or ripped - so I don't really shop there much. But they do have lots of kids clothes and equipment. If you are in the area, it's worth the 5 mins to check it out - never know what you find! Their address & phone is 7617 Hamilton Blvd Trexlertown 610-398-7187.

There is another shop that has 2 locations - one is right off the exit for PA309 & Tilghman St in Allentown - it's called Kiddie Korner and I don't see their address for this location inthe yellow pages. It's pretty easy to find - at the corner of Tilghman and Broadway - in a small shopping center across the street from the Kmart. They have a larger location which I rarely get to because it's across town from me. But it's HUGE and they have a nice selection - address is 1431 S 4th St Allentown 610-797-5008. This is one the South Side of allentown. I believe there is an exit for S 4th St off I-78.

Oh - there is one more that I have never gone in yet - but it's on my list of things to do. Not sure if they have maternity - but they do lots of baby stuff. It's further down Hamilton Blvd by about 15 mins - actually in Berks County - but it looks like they have quite a bit on display most times.

I am pretty terrible with directions, having lived here all my life I tend to say "go like you are driving to the park by Joann's house and turn when you see the pink house." But I am sure MapQuest can help you out.

Like I said before, sometimes you find a ton of stuff- other times NOTHING. But if this is your first and you are looking for some gently-used items like a swing or even crib bedding - you'll find quite a bit. I have even picked up slings and cloth diapers at times!

Also - check your yellow pages under "children's apparal" - you may have some resales local to you that you don't know about. Most towns have at least one (if not - you should open one! LOL).

Good luck - shopping is so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra
Hey Lisa! Yeah, I live in Conshohocken, and my dh says that Lehigh Valley is about 1.5 hrs away? How cool to have another hip mama in this area who's also due in April!
I'd love to know where that store is!

Blessings,
Celeste
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2005, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lisa! Thanks so much... we'll keep this in mind if we ever end up your way!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press

User Tag List