Does anyone know of natural remedies for a yeast infection - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-09-2005, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone. I hope that you are all doing well.
I have symptoms of a mild yeast infection and am wondering if anyone knows of natural remedies for this. My sister-in -law is pregnant and at about 6 months had a yeast infection and her midwife suggested threading a piece of garlic and inserting it into her vagina overnight for a few days. She got relief from it. Do you think it's safe this early in the pregancy?

Expecting baby #1 at the beginning of April!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 08-09-2005, 09:10 PM

You know, I don't know about the garlic... Personally I would keep things away from my cervix for the first 6-12 weeks.

Definately look into Lactobacillus acidophilus and/or Lactobacillus bifidus supplements & Gentian Violet. Try googling those phrases & yeast & see what you get.

Also definately stay away from dairy, sugar, and yeasty foods. And keep clean & dry.

Good luck & I hope it clears up soon.
#3 of 5 Old 08-09-2005, 11:47 PM

I heard yogurt works wonders.

Just google "natural yeast infection remidies" But spell it right of course :LOL
#4 of 5 Old 08-10-2005, 01:06 AM

I've heard also that a cup of apple cider vinegar added to your bath water can bring relief. (((((HUGS))))) and tell us what works! ~sandi
#5 of 5 Old 08-10-2005, 03:35 AM

I always get a yeast infection when I get pregnant and until recently they weren't treatable through meds while pregnant anyway.. now I'm told the monistat 5's and 7's are fine but naturally they make me nervous.

What I've always done (and was told to me) is to take plain yogurt (no flavors) and smear it all over down there. You'll need to wear a pad and it's totally gross but just take a shower after about 15 minutes. I do this twice a day and usually once overnight. It seems to work pretty quickly and my yeast infections are always gone within 3 days. The cold yogurt is also very soothing. And I usually start eating more yogurt too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page