Feeling your uterus question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-11-2005, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So of course I've been poking my belly every day trying to find some physical sign that there's a baby in there. Today I noticed a firm part but it was off to my left side, way down low (almost as low as you can get). Now I'm panicky that the baby is ectopic or something. Wouldn't it feel firm more in the middle? I suspected I ovulated from the left side as well, although I don't know for sure. I should be almost 6 weeks now. Anyone else feel the firmness of a growing uterus yet and if so, where?

ETA: I just re-felt it and that area is soft now. Must have been a full bladder (I didn't think so at the time) Still curious if/when people could feel something.

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2005, 12:57 PM

I am still really soft, I've been poking about for signs of this baby too
Old 08-11-2005, 03:41 PM

I've been poking too & when I was talking to my midwife she said the baby should be down in the pubic bones till at least 12 weeks. I think I can tell the difference already, but it is quite low. I know I'm going to regrett this, but I can't wait till I start to show
Old 08-11-2005, 04:16 PM

Just the other night, while I was lying in bed, I felt what seemed like a smallish round firm area on my uterus. But a few minutes later, it felt soft again. There's probably a lot I don't understand. But I'm pretty sure you don't have an ectopic pregnancy. That would be in your fallopian tube, and it would be very painful, I think from the very beginning. I'm not sure about that though.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:32 PM

yea, I don't feel anything yet either.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:37 PM

My tummy feels different - but it's not baby yet. I know that all my internal organs shifted last week - all of the sudden no clothes fit and I have this LUMP in my mid-to-upper abdomen. I know it's just all my insides making room for what they know is coming.

Baby and uterus are still WAYYYYYYY down in the pelvis at this point.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Spunky Monkeys
My tummy feels different - but it's not baby yet. I know that all my internal organs shifted last week - all of the sudden no clothes fit and I have this LUMP in my mid-to-upper abdomen. I know it's just all my insides making room for what they know is coming.

Baby and uterus are still WAYYYYYYY down in the pelvis at this point.
: I have that too! I've lost 2lbs in the last 2 weeks since I found out I'm pregnant because nothing sounds good to eat. For some reason though my pants don't fit at all anymore though! I'm already having to wear the maternity stuff I bought at Target (the kind with the stretchy band around that looks normal otherwise). Its really freaky cause I know the baby is so tiny right now! My DH keeps saying we must be having quadruplets or something with the way my belly is already sticking out at 6 weeks. :LOL I somehow REALLY doubt that.

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

Old 08-11-2005, 11:37 PM

LOL Rebecca I am the same way at almost 5 weeks. I have no appetite and am slightly nauseus and my fat is poking out more and clothes fit, they are just uncomfy. I think i am more bloated and gassy though. I have lost 1.5 lbs though since the only thing I want is spinach salads YUMMY! I usually am not a big spinach fan either. I questioned the NP about twins today though since I am already queasy and got a BFP so darn early. My dad is a fraternal twin and even though I only have 2 kids this is at least my 5th pregnancy so I do have a slightly higher chance. Now with my numbers being a little high I am slightly nervous LOL.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:40 PM

I can feel my c-section incision, but nothing else. I'm sure that any tightness or moving that I feel is gas. :LOL

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
Old 08-15-2005, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

I just looked in my pregnancy journal from last time (4th pg, 2nd baby) and I didn't *see* a lump until 13 weeks & 3 days. Just an FYI. I saw it for the first time lying in bed in the morning. I decided to suck in my gut (yep, not just baby there :LOL) and left behind was a clearly visible lump where my belly button is. So now at least I have a time frame in mind. Although I'm pretty sure I'm quite a bit fattier there this time. {{{sigh}}} It seems sooooooo far off though!

Mama to four remarkable kiddos, all born at home.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:39 PM

With my first pg, my stomach was really flat and firm, but it's a different kind of firmness...harder...when you're pg. I think it was about 8 wks that I felt that hardness. I showed super early (but then again, I wore panties and a bustier to work) and everyone thought I was having twins. In the end, DD didn't even weigh 7 lbs when born. :LOL

User Tag List